Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Reader
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: New Reader Reply with quote

Holy... Flippin... Cow...

Darn you, Chris Foxx! Darn you and James and Hikaru and Eric all together! You have effectively taken over nearly every waking minute that I have for the past month, as I discovered your stories and subsequently spent more than a few nights reading them until past 3:00 AM!

Now that that's out, I want to thank you, Chris, for creating excellent pieces of work, truly memorable stories with characters that have become very real for me.

I probably join the thousands when I say that Tabitha chapter 6 truly made me cry. Here I am, a 33 year-old guy, working at my computer in my office, having to pull 4 tissues and close my door to compose myself during work hours. It has truly been many years since a work of fiction has done that to me.

And the very tender scene when Chris properly proposed to Sabrina, really reminded me of when I asked my sweet wife to marry me. It brought back the same feelings of nervous jitters, trembling hands, and overflowing love. I don't know how you do it, Chris, but you have done it, and I hope you will continue to do it in the future.

Keep it up!

Last edited by Teric on Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a very few truly emotional moments in literature history...

Casablanca has one...

When Jaxxom impressed Ruth, the white dragon, The Harper Hall trilogy, Anne McGaffrey

Tabitha chapter 6...

There's probably a few others, too...

I was lucky, though, and started on those stories a long time ago, so still has some free time now and then...
(Of course, reading the entire Dragonrider series and Harper Hall trilogy in a military barracks was taking chances... Not a good place for tears)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Teric,

If Tabitha 6 got to you, as it did to all of us who've read it, and ch18 of ZZtS did, too, be sure to read all the Reader Submission fanfics at ZZ Studios. Specifically, read Xactly's "Ashes," and Cirrel's "Matruishka Dreams." those two affected me the most, athough all the ones there are really great.

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mapper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh 33 with a box of tissues, I had to be in a really good mood before attempting Tabitha chpter 6 because it really brought me down.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, Tigermark. I've read 'Ashes' and 'Matriushka Dreams.' Both very good reads. I also enjoyed 'A Closet with See-Through Walls' on the ZZStudios site.

As far as the 'Variations on a theme' on this website, I've read 'Time Enough for Love' and 'The Final Farewell.' Tears flowed freely that day. I stopped reading some of the others because I wanted to actually get some work done!

I'll go back and read 'Dedication' today, probably, if it doesn't interfere with my work too much. Smile

Something I thought was very interesting from 'The Final Farewell'--Zig Zag was the one who started singing 'Amazing Grace'. I knew she is a singer, and has a fairly good voice, but I also recall a short discussion between her and James in the ZZStudios story, where she asked James how he felt about going to church. I believe James's response was, "God and I don't get along." Zig Zag didn't pursue it, and she hasn't said much of anything about religious beliefs since.

So I was somewhat surprised when ZZ was the one to start singing Amazing Grace (not that I'm complaining about it--it was a beautiful touch). I was under the impression that Zig didn't think much about religion nor held any strong religious beliefs. However, now that I think about it, perhaps she has believed all this time, and her beliefs are bound within the part of her that she keeps so closely guarded within herself.

I suppose it's also possible, since the story takes place approximately 10 years after the SOtS storyline, that ZZ's feelings toward religion have changed. On the other hand, it could simply be the fact that 'Amazing Grace' is very commonly sung at funerals, and she had no religious attachment to her singing.
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just read 'Dedication'. What a sweet portrayal of C&C! Poor Clarence, fumbling through one of the most important times of his life, making a bit of a fool of himself, and yet still coming across as the endearing, sensitive, sincere geek that we've all grown to love.

For nerds and geeks everywhere who are able to work up the courage to crack through their shells of fear and nervousness: There is hope for all of us still! Three cheers for Clarence!
mwalimu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dedication? I don't recall a C&C story by that title. Or are you referring to a chapter from one of the others?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the 'Variations on a Theme' section for reader-submitted fan fiction. Here's a link:

http://www.chrisfoxx.com/dedication.html
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats mine! hey thanks for saying it was good Very Happy

HEY CHRIS SORT OUT THE HTML ON THAT... its only been 4 months mate Wink

Hi im Racky Raccoon the first offical Co-Author of StOLS (man i never get tired of saying that Very Happy, se my imput on chapter 51 when you get there)

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Racky! Yeah I caught that you were the co-author of chapter 51 when I read about it on the 'Chapter 51' thread. Awesome chapter, Chris/Racky. I really hope that more will come soon (hint, hint!!)

BTW, Racky, how did you hook up a gig like that, where an author asks you to help him write his book?? Geez I would be jumping flip-flops if I were you.
mwalimu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not sure how I missed that one, but thanks for the pointer.

Good story, Racky! You've got Clarence's awkwardness down for sure. I try not to overplay it in On Location for fear of making it too cumbersome for the reader to wade through it, but at times I think I go too far the other direction. I need to watch that more closely in forthcoming chapters.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Hiya Racky! Yeah I caught that you were the co-author of chapter 51 when I read about it on the 'Chapter 51' thread. Awesome chapter, Chris/Racky. I really hope that more will come soon (hint, hint!!)

BTW, Racky, how did you hook up a gig like that, where an author asks you to help him write his book?? Geez I would be jumping flip-flops if I were you.

LOL dont i know it, i stil cant believe i have been so lucky

lets just say I was in the right place at the right time.

Don't worry Chris and I are at the moment writng some things for 52.

i'll be lighting fireworks under his chair to get it out over the christmas period... THE CHAPTER CHRIS..... ok im scared now Wink

-Mike Regan-
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Hmm, not sure how I missed that one, but thanks for the pointer.

Good story, Racky! You've got Clarence's awkwardness down for sure. I try not to overplay it in On Location for fear of making it too cumbersome for the reader to wade through it, but at times I think I go too far the other direction. I need to watch that more closely in forthcoming chapters.

You know that story just started out as a joke between Chris and I (it was the song mainly) but he posted it reguardles, i feel i dont really desivere to be even on the same page as stories like THE FINAL FAREWELL i hope i havnt brought the standard down...

-Mike Regan-
-Harley Quinn-
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well make it a good one, gash dernit! (Not like I'd expect you guys to do a bad chapter...Smile )
Hortmage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:

The part you mention was not in the original but added by another editor familiar with all the stories, Hortmage. Not so sure Zig actually has a problem with God so much as His followers. Imagine the reception she would get trying to go to church. That would sour anyone. As an editor and friend of Dave I think he would have loved Zig singing. Even more so because Hortmage, who put that part in, is Jewish. Also remember Zig's thought, what possesed her to sing in public? Remember Sabrina's spirit appearing at the end? Possesed? Could have been. Wink

Thanks for the plug, Mike!

To this day, I don't know what possessed me (oops, no pun intended) to put that section in there. I recall having edited out a small section Dave had written, and it left a whole that begged to be filled. This just popped in.

Getting back to Anthony's post: the single biggest tear-jerker for me (after Chapter 6 and Final Farewell) is Allen Kitchen's When You Return. This story brought me to tears...I actually woke my wife up. Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: