Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi the Squirrel: Just a Bit Unsane
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Midi the Squirrel: Just a Bit Unsane Reply with quote

This is my comic/game/movie site. It's mostly centered around the comic, so that's why I put it here. Here you go.
http://www.freewebs.com/midithesquirrel
Kamikaze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the comic is pretty cool (as far as I've seen).

You got some really good new ideas in there.

ummm... btw, is there a possibility to see more than just the last 3 strips?

=^.^=

No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the <Images/Comic Archive> section on the navbar. There are some 12 or so comics.

They ain't bad, by my reckoning. Then again I have been known to make miscalculations. From time to time...

No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: I downloaded the game to check it out. It is best described for me as a mix between Mario, Sonic, and a few other of the good old games. I like it. The boomerang is definitely an entertaining weapon. Made it with Game Maker, correct? Also, a question: Is it supposed to end at the door with the floppy disk over it? Yeah, I know it's a beta but it's still short... Smile
Midi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing wrote:
BTW: I downloaded the game to check it out. It is best described for me as a mix between Mario, Sonic, and a few other of the good old games. I like it. The boomerang is definitely an entertaining weapon. Made it with Game Maker, correct? Also, a question: Is it supposed to end at the door with the floppy disk over it? Yeah, I know it's a beta but it's still short... Smile

Heck, I'm not too far in the game, and already a new idea has come to me. Anyway, the first boss (see above endless door) is called Mod-4. It's a robot created to resemble a furry, but used to kill them.

BTW, If you're wondrering about the storyline, here you go: one of my characters, Umbra, escapes from my power and tries to take over the sprite universe. Midi goes there and finds himself trapped in a generic mountain level. Then he goes through, and that's all there really is. (T~T)
No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob. I couldn't have even gotten that far in most cases. I make games using Game Maker, but they're all just to keep my little brother occupied on something other than finding more original ways to crash my family's comp. Basically I take the pre-prepared sprites and use a little bit of scripting and he's happy. Lucky me... I'm more into modding for an old cereal box game called Chex Quest. Yah, I'm totally nuts. But I guess you could relate...
Syrius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the last comic all drawn in pencil. The shading makes the character feel more solid/three-dimensional, and with more "fluff". The jokes need a bit more work, though. Don't mind that critique too much. I myself am as funny as a dead clam.
Kamikaze

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrius wrote:
I like the last comic all drawn in pencil. The shading makes the character feel more solid/three-dimensional, and with more "fluff". The jokes need a bit more work, though. Don't mind that critique too much. I myself am as funny as a dead clam.

Arr you having a webcomic, too?

Arr am stArr ting to like that Pirate-thing... Arr - Arr I say...
Razz
Harr harr - Nevermind...

=^.^=

Midi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrius wrote:

Yes it does look better, but I have to find a way to keep it from smearing. I'm thinking of switching over to pens and colored pencils, 'cuz they don't smear at all.
Kamikaze

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi the Squirrel wrote:

Yes it does look better, but I have to find a way to keep it from smearing. I'm thinking of switching over to pens and colored pencils, 'cuz they don't smear at all.

I've no idea if it works on comics, but for tecnical drawings I use white cotton-gloves. They keep the paper-surface dry and so pencils don't smear anymore.
(I've got more than just 2 cuz they get dirty from the pencil, and after about 8 hours of painting you can fill in the shadows with the fingertips of the gloves... but I don't think these comic strips will take you THAT long...)

Syrius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamikaze wrote:
Syrius wrote:

Arr you having a webcomic, too?

Arr am stArr ting to like that Pirate-thing... Arr - Arr I say...
Razz
Harr harr - Nevermind...

=^.^=

Not a bad idea. A comic featuring a crew of pirate dogs... then again I'd be branded a danger to society with my humor. It'll kill you. Literally.

mwalimu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might get more readers if you register your comic at The Belfry Webcomics Index. Before you do, however, one suggestion would be to set up the webpage so that you have an unchanging url that always takes readers to the newest comic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Midi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
You might get more readers if you register your comic at The Belfry Webcomics Index. Before you do, however, one suggestion would be to set up the webpage so that you have an unchanging url that always takes readers to the newest comic.

Uhh......... Yeah, I dunno how to do that. I was thinking of just puting the whole archive into a Flash movie that has links to each page. Of course, loading would become a bitch (no offence to the canines) after about another twenty pages or so.

BTW, I haven't had time to update lately because of school and the game and a bazillion patch request from other Furcadians. *Long sigh.*
Midi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! I'm updating agani! And I'm dating again too! Also, I've moved the comics to the front page, so you don't have to load two pages just to read them. Enjoy!
Midi

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIFTY PAGES!

Yus! I have finally reached 50 whole pages of unsanity! This ends the first season of my comic. I'll soon be releasing all kinds of new downloadables, including an archive of the entire collection!

You guys know what this means, right? I'm now the longest-running furry/sprite comic on Earth! Oh, wait... I'm the only one... right...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: