Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surt Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodent42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigermark wrote:
*blinks* Jacobus, you live in Kettering? The first time I ever flew was in a C172 out of Moraine Airpark. My sister and her family used to live in West Carollton. Still have nieces and nephews in the Dayton and Xenia area. Dang, small world. I agree, the AF museum is a really cool place. next time you're in there, keep an eye out for memorabilia from the 42nd Bomb Wing out of Loring AFB, Maine. Spent 3 years with that unit in the 42nd Security Police Squadron.

Intersetingly enough, the alumni of the 42nd SPS have a reunion group online at MyFamily.com. we call ourselves the Ramp Rats.

Tigermark

Tigermark,

Yes it is a small world, Moraine air park is just about 1/2 mile at most, less by air from me here where I am in Kettering. And I have been to where your at several times, been awhile since I was there last. Have they ever fixed the hill coming into town? Is it still as steep as it used to be? I am from central Kentucky with family still there and in far eastern Ky. when you hit Hazzard you still have another 30 miles to go, miss that country, lived there for a long time, but no work.

That is funny that the 42nd is called the Ramp Rats, my 42 is a nod to Douglas Adams. I will look and see if there is anything when I go out there again, will probably be in the spring next time.

Anyway, time for me to go try and sleep, the sun is coming up and I need to head to bed.

Jacobus
AKA Rat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: