Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spore
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Spore Reply with quote

You know you want it. I know I do.

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if they take out the comicy design.

Plus, after Master of Orion III I am very careful with such epec endeavors.

I do admit that it sounds like a great game though.

Kayngi
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the release date?
Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard Q1 2007.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dingo Fenris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game easily has my vote for best up and coming. If it can walk the walk to the designers talk (Not sure if that made any sense). Though if it lives up to all the commercial hype it will certainly be an epic game. But yet again I have seen many a game fail, not being able to live up to the hype generated by fans an the production companies.
*cough*Halo2*cough*

If you expect me to say G'day... Forget it.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did Halo 2 fail? I found it to be a most excellent game in almost every aspect.

If you want a game that failed to live up to the hype, take a look at Black & White. Not saying that it was a bad game, it just did not deliver what was promised.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you reall want a game that compleatly FAILED to live up to the hype that would be Battlecrusier 3000A.D. about eight years over due and when it was released was completely unplayable

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true. What an amazing concept though. Wish it had worked.

To the games defense, it was completely unplayable because it was not done. The pubisher got fed up with waiting and just released it as it was.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY WERE FED UP!? Well we gamers were all PISSED. Too bad he was so into making it into a one man show, too bad Derick Smart didn't live up to his name. I think another reason it failed is because it was a game that tried to be everything and so ended up being nothing, a good example of Jack of all trades master of none, oh well.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a friend of mine liked the game immensely. Never got into it myself. Too compliated to be enjoyable. However, it seems like the following releases like Battlecruiser Millennium weren't much to be desired either. Seems like others have learned from that for I cannot remember anybody ever trying to make a game like Battlecruiser again.
Curious Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am rather looking forward to Spore's release. It reminds me of EVO: Search for Eden, as well as Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest, and both were excellent games, in my opinion.
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Where did Halo 2 fail? I found it to be a most excellent game in almost every aspect.

If you want a game that failed to live up to the hype, take a look at Black & White. Not saying that it was a bad game, it just did not deliver what was promised.

My opinion is Halo 2 failed in how it ended. it was cut too abruptly and jolted you out of the experience. Many were not pleased with this type of ending. What probably compounded this problem is the fact that with the way the first Halo game ended you could just leave the story there and it would have been concluded.

It almost reeked of the hand of Microsoft marketing in the second ending, forcing you to buy the next game to see the end of a story.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
My opinion is Halo 2 failed in how it ended. it was cut too abruptly and jolted you out of the experience. Many were not pleased with this type of ending. What probably compounded this problem is the fact that with the way the first Halo game ended you could just leave the story there and it would have been concluded.

It almost reeked of the hand of Microsoft marketing in the second ending, forcing you to buy the next game to see the end of a story.

I rather liked the ending. It left space for lots of speculations and it clearly meant that there will be another Halo game to look forward to. Just because you don't like cliffhangers doesn't mean that it automatically makes it a bad game. It means that Halo 2 failed for YOU but not necessarily for the rest of the gaming community.

And Microsoft didn't come up with the idea for cliffhangers. They have been used to make people go for sequels for decades.

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I rather liked the ending. It left space for lots of speculations and it clearly meant that there will be another Halo game to look forward to. Just because you don't like cliffhangers doesn't mean that it automatically makes it a bad game. It means that Halo 2 failed for YOU but not necessarily for the rest of the gaming community.

And Microsoft didn't come up with the idea for cliffhangers. They have been used to make people go for sequels for decades.

I love cliffhangers, don't get me wrong, but if you don't start the chain with cliffhangers don't start shoving them in later.

Also, it was not the fact it was a cliffhanger it was the abrupt stop. It would be like writing the Lord of the Rings trilogy and cutting right as Aragon began to fight the orcs, or even shorter, with them running away from the Balrog. It was too sharp a jerk to be a pleasing cut.

In my opinion the only reason Halo was split into a third game is so they could have something to bring gamers to the X-box360. Halo is one of the few games that are exclusive to that platform and without it what's to bring those gamers to the next console they put out?

Also the game just seemed shorter in general. This might be just because of the pace of the second game but I remember spending much more time on the first Halo.

Remember these are my opinions, I speak for myself though I know many who share these opinions..

fuzzy?
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
I love cliffhangers, don't get me wrong, but if you don't start the chain with cliffhangers don't start shoving them in later.

Happens all the time though when a game/movie/whatever has unexpected success. Just look at Matrix or Pirates of the Caribbean. I can't remember any game series right now, but I am sure there are a few that did the very same thing.

Pat The Fox wrote:
Also, it was not the fact it was a cliffhanger it was the abrupt stop. It would be like writing the Lord of the Rings trilogy and cutting right as Aragon began to fight the orcs, or even shorter, with them running away from the Balrog. It was too sharp a jerk to be a pleasing cut.

Again, I disagree. It was after a big battle, a great event and a point to ensure people would be coming back for more. THat's what cliffhangers are for.

Pat The Fox wrote:
In my opinion the only reason Halo was split into a third game is so they could have something to bring gamers to the X-box360. Halo is one of the few games that are exclusive to that platform and without it what's to bring those gamers to the next console they put out?

It is not. You can get Halo for PC and MacOS and soon you will get Halo 2 for PC as well. I'm quite sure you will get Halo 3 for PC as well some day.

Pat The Fox wrote:
Remember these are my opinions, I speak for myself though I know many who share these opinions..

I do not and I know many who do not either.

Sorry BTW for highjacking this topic. It should be about Spore and not Halo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: