Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Furry Roleplayers! I need your advice!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moon Drummer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Furry Roleplayers! I need your advice! Reply with quote

I'm designing my own tabletop furry RPG, based on D+D. But I want to tailor it specifically to my fellow furries. So this is your chance - what kind of things would you love to see in a furry RPG?

I'm open to suggestions about races, world building, plot points, mood/themes, and game mechanics. Pretty much anything.
Seiken Densetsu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an option to make hybrids would be popular.
Also, could it be possible to make club buildings? When you reach a few requirements you could then create a club. Once this club is created only members of the club can enter. Members of each club will have the option to invite someone who is part of no club to join. Within the club building you could have several things to do, for example roleplaying.

Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No humans, even as badguys.

AKA Mogthemoogle
rosebud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please dont make any kind of feline the bad guy its annoying how so many games have evil cats
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I thought all cats were evil Laughing I know mine is ^.^

my suggestion is to include spells that might be anthro/full animal related. Like maybe a blight spell that causes anything from mange to simple fleas or maybe you can give someone rabies or something. If you really want to have wierd spells, have a spell that causes a person to emit something like the "heat" pheromone so that wherever he/she goes, everone around him will start acting almost too freindly(if you have ever seen the movie "Love Potion Number 9", thats sortof what im talking about)

Give different races abilities catering toward their specific species and be sure that there is some sort of "burden animal" that you created for the sole purpose of carrying stuff and really is not under any circumstance intelligent. If you want something to look to for ideas and examples, look at the game "Ironclaw" which is a game about anthro creatures. They have everything except reptiles, but they forgot to include a reptilian species for use by players. Infact, they designed it so the reptiles were the beasts of burden. I had to create reptilian races for that game(alligators and even a draconic race) All im saying is not to forget some of the popular species. Its cool to have lots of unknown types of animals as characters, but if you forget something as simple as lizards or wolves, it would be a problem.

CJ

"When taking a vacation from life, death is only the beggining and birth is only the end"
- Crimson Jackal
Superlagg

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything with fur in this game should be susceptible to fire damage, as fur does have a tendency to be at least somewhat flammable. It should increase if they have a type of full-body hairspray applied (+AC, -fire resist). In addition, said furry creatures should have a slightly higher cold resistance, scaling with the fur density (Which would also increase fire susceptibility). Reptilioids sould take extra temperature-based damage, both hot and cold.

There must be skunks. There must.

The anthropomorphic-animal races should be as different from humans as possible, both in looks and in biology. The ones in my story bleed easily, have some vital parts in the tail (to keep it from being labled useless), and various other things that would make it more then just an 'animal-reminiscent human'. You must be creative.

The different types of the anthropomorphic-animal races should prefer the company of that of a similar type, like foxes prefering the company of other foxes, or wolves with other wolves, and skunks with themselves. After all, would a wolf want to be friends with a feline? Think how people were back in these ancient times, how they were racist bungholes who couldnt get past looks. Maybe a modifier would work.

Just be creative.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: