Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have the musses gone on strike?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it is the curse of enjoying too many things. My life gets torn by the neccesity of cooking and cleaning and the joys of spending time with husband, watching movies, reading books, writing (subcategory tear is weather writing short stories or poetry), painting sewing or doing other such crafts, photography and other varrious life pop-ups, weddings, visiting friends and family, etc. I just enjoy doing so many different things and it just really depends on what I have the urge/creativity to do that day. Either way my only muse is my own mind that rufuses to ever stop working.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing wrote:
By the way, I would be posting stories a lot more often if my ability to keep my mind on one thing was better. I have leterally hundreds of stories going at one time in my head. The one big problem is, I always get sidetracked before I can get myself sitting down to write, and then I forget what the story was in the first place! Such is the life of a high schooler... If I didn't spend the first ten hours of my day working in school, I might actually have something down! Mad

Ahhh, maybe you should change your habits then: Forgoten Thoughts: Do you keep notes while wrighting?

My note taking "system" for story ideas is very simple. I'll write down a descriptive title, then anything from a single sentence to 2 1/2 pages of notes on my idea. Sometimes I'll put a link pointing to an Internet resource. This is all jammed up in one big file called "story_ideas.odt".

I'm working on a different system system for the actual story development.

Scotty

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself am quite new here but I havent been active lately. ive been working non stop. Im a cook at ryans steakhouse.
Shadu

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info Fox. i'll keep it in mind. im actually in a kind of truce with my own muse. we seem to have firgured out the main problem with my work now we just need to find out how to fix it. unfortunately that just happens to be something no one else can help me with, unless someone knows a mind reader that can tell me why i can never get a good plot going.
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have leterally hundreds of stories going at one time in my head. The one big problem is, I always get sidetracked before I can get myself sitting down to write, and then I forget what the story was in the first place!

Im having the same problem, but then agian I am new to wrighting on these boards.

Im currently working through colledge so between that and my job, I have verry little free time.

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Have the musses gone on strike? Reply with quote

Shadu wrote:
It seems the amount of new stories, chapters, short stories and the likes have decreased dramatically. what's up? i know some like Tygon have writers block or pc problems but i fing RB almost on standstill and other outside stories as well as inside storries have gone to complete hybernation. has something happened i did not hear?

If you need a good cople of stories to read, I have a cople posted here, my Sci-Fi story and here, My series of fantasy short stories.

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, it's "writing" not "wrighting". Sorry if I messed you up, but I copied the title of that other discussion thread without using "(sic)", which I should have.

"Wright" is a proper name. I'm not aware of any word spelled "wright" or "wrighing".

Scotty

Nadan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here I am. I've been away for a few weeks, but working on my novel. The details are falling into place as I flesh out the storyline (not currently writing.)

"Cats are mysterious beings... symbols of evil, gods of the Pharoahs. You never know if they love you or if they condescend to occupy your house. This mystery is what makes them the most attractive beast." - Paul Moore, 1978
Shadu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Really don't expect anyone to be writing 24/7 but you know it really has gotten quiet. before i could get at leat a chapter or two a week from around here only. now i gow weeks and months sometimes without 1 new furry storry chapter. i've been having to look everywhere for a new story cause now i read to fast and there is just not enough material, and when i don't read i feel weird all day.
No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragonWolf_keny wrote:
I have leterally hundreds of stories going at one time in my head. The one big problem is, I always get sidetracked before I can get myself sitting down to write, and then I forget what the story was in the first place!

Im having the same problem, but then agian I am new to wrighting on these boards.

Im currently working through colledge so between that and my job, I have verry little free time.

Luckily for me I am now in high school, and it is summer. A lot more free time than I will admit to. On the other hand, I'm vacationing with my family currently, so my free time to write stories is getting a lot moire limited. Got a good one in the works, though.

JonaWolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the quickest of writers, even at the best of times and summer tends to slow things down for me even more than is usual on that front. I'm generally working two jobs this time of year and tend to spend far more time outdoors than in. Summer doesn't last long up here and one must enjoy it while it lasts.

That being said, new stuff is in the works but as for when I'll have something done, I'm not sure. My computer is a bit lonely and ignored these days...

My Stories - LJ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, it's a combination of a muse that took a -long- vacation and a rather busy life in other ways that doesn't, at the moment, leave much time for writing (or revising in this case, I'm doing first-round beta revising to From The Wings, Chapter 4.5). Work's getting rather hectic (for those who follow it, I'm a designer on the F-35 "Lightning II" ) and there are other complications, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
In my case, it's a combination of a muse that took a -long- vacation and a rather busy life in other ways that doesn't, at the moment, leave much time for writing (or revising in this case, I'm doing first-round beta revising to From The Wings, Chapter 4.5). Work's getting rather hectic (for those who follow it, I'm a designer on the F-35 "Lightning II" ) and there are other complications, too.

Now there's a chapter i've been waiting for. i hope its done soon! Razz

gnaP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always look forward to new material, reading is a huge hobby of mine besides pc games and music. Have pretty much every story that is tied into the Sabrinaverse, Wilderhom and what ever else catchs my interest. I have even tried to give writing a go, I dont think I am getting real far at the moment as I have rewritten the prologe about seven time already.

-=Codex Deamon Hunters=-
Quest Custodiet : Fors Clavidera : Victorum Aut Moris : Mortis Virtus : Astra Imperator Gloriam : Exterminatus Extremis
Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have posted this somwhere before but i'll do it again here. i found this one on Anthrofiction.com links and it was later taken down because the author said he was going to retire from writing. i kept the link however and resently found he continued writing and is working on the fourth season and has already planned on taking it to a fifth. well here is the link:

http://horizon.dennier.com/htm/library.html

it almost like the thorhammer series.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: