Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have the musses gone on strike?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Have the musses gone on strike? Reply with quote

Hey y'all i've been unable to solve my internet crisis so i can`t take the time to do a personall check off all your forums so im just going to try and ask here.

It seems the amount of new stories, chapters, short stories and the likes have decreased dramatically. what's up? i know some like Tygon have writers block or pc problems but i fing RB almost on standstill and other outside stories as well as inside storries have gone to complete hybernation. has something happened i did not hear?

by the by did any of you know a Zig Zag fic by a guy named Grakkin called awakening? it was a really cool fic that suddenlu up and disappeared. if anyone has any info on this one please contackt me.

Superlagg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry, Im still in production, albeit somewhat slowly.
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that story by Grakin...

I also remember that he never asked any author for permission to use their characters, either...
It's quite possible that one of them decided that 'enough is enough' and sicked rabid dogs(lawyers) on him...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Shadu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be, i hope not though cause it was actually pretty good. but its bad he did not ask for permision.

now since i am on the halted stories front mostly... how are your stories comming anthony? you also on slow mo or are you on halt for now?

Nadan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still writing. I've been working on new work as sample stories for the next season of my writing contest as well as fleshing out several old short stories into a novella. The short stories will be out soon, but not the novella. That I want to get half done before I start web-publishing it.

"Cats are mysterious beings... symbols of evil, gods of the Pharoahs. You never know if they love you or if they condescend to occupy your house. This mystery is what makes them the most attractive beast." - Paul Moore, 1978
Foxeris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's not about my Muse (who, if anything is working me overtime). I've gotten quite a few stories written and waiting to be edited. The problem at the moment is my editor who's had a significant slowdown in the past year.

Of course that's not my only editor, but she is, by far, my best editor.
Nadan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox Cutter wrote:
Of course that's not my only editor, but she is, by far, my best editor.

Multiple editors? Wow. I'm working on tracking down one who isn't too busy.

"Cats are mysterious beings... symbols of evil, gods of the Pharoahs. You never know if they love you or if they condescend to occupy your house. This mystery is what makes them the most attractive beast." - Paul Moore, 1978
Foxeris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthonyTiger wrote:

It never actually quite looked for one, then usually just volunteer because of issues they see in my work. Of my three main editors two are fellow writers (one of whom is a better writer then I am) and the one is something like family. I have one other friend who also will pop in and do an edit for one or two stories.

All my editors have started as friends, and moved on from there.
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox Cutter wrote:
AnthonyTiger wrote:

Mortal enemies? Very Happy

Scotty

Nadan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyDM wrote:
Fox Cutter wrote:

Mortal enemies? Very Happy

Scotty

Zing!

Nice one Scotty. =^_^=

No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't get it. The only way I've ever 'progressed' with anyone was from enemy to friend. Partly because I'm very likable... Very Happy
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing wrote:
I still don't get it. The only way I've ever 'progressed' with anyone was from enemy to friend. Partly because I'm very likable... Very Happy

Are you crunchy and good with ketchup? Wink

<hangs head> Umm, sorry... couldn't help it. Laughing

Scotty

Shadu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i can say i'm starting to see some motion but i hope its not a one time thing. keep it up you all!!! Very Happy

now if i could find a good editor and a oach in description writing i could maybe put out something worth reading since up to now al i post here stays there unread by most.

No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm quite chewy. You've got me confused with Ore Ida. As a good personal friend of mine says, those things are ketchup sticks. Very Happy

By the way, I would be posting stories a lot more often if my ability to keep my mind on one thing was better. I have leterally hundreds of stories going at one time in my head. The one big problem is, I always get sidetracked before I can get myself sitting down to write, and then I forget what the story was in the first place! Such is the life of a high schooler... If I didn't spend the first ten hours of my day working in school, I might actually have something down! Mad

Foxeris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadu wrote:
now if i could find a good editor and a oach in description writing i could maybe put out something worth reading since up to now al i post here stays there unread by most.

I can't tell you how to find a good editor, but in the way of a coach in writing description, one place that is partly useful would be going to cons. I'm not just talking about furry cons in this case, but big sci-fi cons like Worldcon (the biggest) or Westercon or Norwescon.

Each of these conventions, and many others, have extensive writing panels run by published authors who are there to talk about how to write. They will give you a lot of tips, answer a lot of your questions and help you on the right path to writing good fiction.

There are also many good books on writing out there, and many are worth picking up. "Creativity Rules" is a good one, as is Stephen King's "On Writing". I found both books very useful, each one teaching me things I didn't know or was vague on before hand. There are hundreds more out there, check your local book store, they will have some. Find one you like and dig in, and don't be afraid to write in the margins.

Also, keep in mind the best way to see how a published writer writes is to read what they wrote. Writers read, that's an important thing to remember. If you take the bus to school/work that's a perfect time to read (if you can read in the car), other times is while eating lunch. You don't have to do it every day, but balance it out. Also don't be discourage if you feel like they are better then you are, they all started where you are. Reading also gets the brain going, it helps you come up with ideas.

Lastly, keep in mind that anything I tell you can be wrong. Don't slavishly follow what others tell you to do because it's labeled as the "Right Way". Find what works for you, and go with it.

Just don't forget to write. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: