Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This looks useful

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: This looks useful Reply with quote

Randy Ingermanson is putting his "Fiction 101" course on CD and he has a sample lesson, the introduction to the course.

He's going to be charging $100 for the course, but if you order by this coming Monday (the 13th) you can get it for $60 (minus a few pennies) and shipping is free. More information on Fiction 101.

I am seriously short of funds... but I'm considering this...

Scotty

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my copy came in the mail today... err, I guess that would be yesterday by now. Anyway, interesting. Probably worth it.

It's basically a recording of him giving a looooong lecture at a writer's conference, broken up into bite sized pieces and with "slides," all wrapped up in simple HTML/framed format. He also has some of his "snowflake" information as PDF files including a couple of samples from a book he had published a few years back.

Oh yea, besides the "Your Roadmap" shown as a sample on his website, on the CD he has these sections:

• Introduction
  • Your Roadmap
  • Storyworld
  • Characters
  • Plot
  • Dialog
  • Theme
  • Design
  • Work Habits
  • Conferences
  • Summary

Introduction and Summary are pretty light-weight. The goal of this course (which will eventually be four CDs) is to get you published.

Scotty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: