Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Furry Furries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webkilla

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked you know alternate realities don't have to be just of alternate characters. Every decision could very well create at least one new reality. think about it. you thinking(making up, creating) your character might have done just that. Shocked

you never know Confused
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadu wrote:
Shocked you know alternate realities don't have to be just of alternate characters. Every decision could very well create at least one new reality. think about it. you thinking(making up, creating) your character might have done just that. Shocked

you never know Confused

Good observation. In fact my multiverse works on such a theory, though not quite the same. Major events are what cause divergences in the stream in my story line, but not minor ones. Choosing to have that cookie for a snack or not isn't enough to cause a shift. However, something like the 2nd plane flying into the twin towrs not banking at the last minute to hit would have changed history and caused a major shift.

Of course, all this is something that will rear it's ugly head in the future of the story, but it's not such a spoiler as to ruin the plot.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
webkilla

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what you're suggesting would mean that either arden or Sheila would make a time-travely trick?

Hmm...

<gets and idea> Idea

Hey, what if arden and Sheila appear just seconds after they left? I mean, if tehy come back just seconds after Sheila made that wish that got the ball rolling? Then there wouldn't be any major legal problems, although ZZ would probably like an explanation...

just an idea, not a likely one at that... Hikaru's probably already thought up how the two returns... and what happens after that...

Oh well...

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
Hey, what if arden and Sheila appear just seconds after they left? I mean, if tehy come back just seconds after Sheila made that wish that got the ball rolling? Then there wouldn't be any major legal problems, although ZZ would probably like an explanation...

Don't give Hikaru more ideas...
He's already twisting dimensions into pretzels, and now you want him to mess with time, also?

On the other paw, there's no reason time should pass at the same speed in different realities...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Shadu

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:

Don't give Hikaru more ideas...
He's already twisting dimensions into pretzels, and now you want him to mess with time, also?

On the other paw, there's no reason time should pass at the same speed in different realities...

Good point there. There is no determination in time on alternate realities. the destination time can change as well as the location but that is just a maby and up to the author's choice anyway he puts it i accept it.

RodTerl

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: ACK Reply with quote

I was going to post a collection of idea on how the various parts of the Universe interact, dealing with multiple realities, and paradox solution, involving Godels paradox..

But I Forgot what it was I worked out 8(.

Oh well, at least a ,reactionless, drive has been theoretically proved to be valid. Now, how many dufferent ideas are there that uses gyroscopes and so on?

RodTerl

I may have forgotton, but the idea still exists, with my infinite alternatives, right next door Cool

webkilla

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Time? Reply with quote

Time does pass the same in the worlds Arden and Sheila are in and the "real" world that they both come from... Well thats what i think!

I think this cuzz while Arden learned magic he checked in on ZZ... That was where we learned that she had been locked up. For the murder of our two heroes...

Now, in order to be declared missing you have to be gone for more than 24 hours... To be declared dead, well... i dunno, but to get ZZ locked up for it must have taken longer... Even if our favorite DA sped things up a bit...

M'kay?

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Time? Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
Time does pass the same in the worlds Arden and Sheila are in and the "real" world that they both come from... Well thats what i think!

I think this cuzz while Arden learned magic he checked in on ZZ... That was where we learned that she had been locked up. For the murder of our two heroes...

Now, in order to be declared missing you have to be gone for more than 24 hours... To be declared dead, well... i dunno, but to get ZZ locked up for it must have taken longer... Even if our favorite DA sped things up a bit...

Ahh, yes young Padiwan, however you miss one crucial part about being accused of murder. The DA has to decide there's enough evidence, and pray tell who does the DA have an axe to grind with?

Actually, to be declared dead they just have to have sufficient evidence that you were whacked. Sheila's purse with all her belongings, the pistol that Arden gave Zig to give to James (which had been used to kill some of the mercs) along with photo evidence that the two had been to her studio that evening gives the DA a pretty good shot at it. Since neither one is going to show up to prove she's innocent.....

Cheers

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back on the multiple realities and parallel universes I have very interesting question.

If there was a parallel universe and you somehow mnaged to shift would that not mean your counterpart would be able to shift as well seeing s the worlds are in parallel?

If that is the case then how in the heck would you know you have shifted? Everything would be the same and there would be no other you to prove that you did.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
back on the multiple realities and parallel universes I have very interesting question.

If there was a parallel universe and you somehow mnaged to shift would that not mean your counterpart would be able to shift as well seeing s the worlds are in parallel?

If that is the case then how in the heck would you know you have shifted? Everything would be the same and there would be no other you to prove that you did.

Cool if you have changed to a paralell univers, even if its inhabitants are the same there usually is some sort of difference. you can take as an example many of the episodes in the sliders series. the diferences were from a few things. Important events or people and a certain other changes like road names and such. in some cases it might even be impossible to determine at first for the difference is very subtle. jus a minor event that might not even affect the place you live in or arrive at.

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well what happens if the universes are cmpletely parallel, no change whatsoever?

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
well what happens if the universes are cmpletely parallel, no change whatsoever?

If you're working with a "divergent" reality system, then they couldn't be completely identical as there never would have been an event that caused them to diverge.

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the other case would be where you shift to a universe where the inconsistancy is so insignificant that you'd never notice, like a few stars being in a different place.

fuzzy?
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
I guess the other case would be where you shift to a universe where the inconsistancy is so insignificant that you'd never notice, like a few stars being in a different place.

But an insignificant event wouldn't be enough to create a split. Takes a lot of energy to divert a time-line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: