Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Antilia -The New Furcadia, but better
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dingo Fenris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it could take a page from the WoW book and only allow PvPing in duels, or faction divided it is alway good, so if you have enemy just change sides and kick their asses legit

If you expect me to say G'day... Forget it.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo Fenris wrote:
well it could take a page from the WoW book and only allow PvPing in duels, or faction divided it is alway good, so if you have enemy just change sides and kick their asses legit

The duel system is okay... but otherwise the problem is that there aren't any different fractions. At least as far I as got it.

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superlagg wrote:
That, and its blatent lack of skunks Wink

that seems to be a constant wine about it, but I have to agree with the ones making it. its enoupgh work already just be patient theyll get to it.

Superlagg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragonWolf_keny wrote:
Superlagg wrote:
That, and its blatent lack of skunks Wink

that seems to be a constant wine about it, but I have to agree with the ones making it. its enoupgh work already just be patient theyll get to it.

Okie-doke.

I just hope that they manage to make the furries more then just furries, ya know?

Dingo Fenris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....no Confused ...

Is this a joke?

No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... I'll have to keep an eye on this. *Clicks Bookmark* There we go.
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superlagg wrote:

Okie-doke.

I just hope that they manage to make the furries more then just furries, ya know?

also they have said once it comes out they will add more character races in expansions packs.

Kaolin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only fear is that it might turn out to be an anthro version of WOW.
Ive never been a WOW fan. I mean... how long can you kill stuff with no goal other than to get stronger so you can kill more stuff?
Dingo Fenris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a trick question?

Well you could always go on quest, in which most people do.

Kaolin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that's true. But even those get boring (to me) after a little while. I guess Ive come to expect too much from MMORPGs in general because of the one I play now.
Wurm Online (link in sig) lets you do almost anything. Ive built several towns, destroyed a couple others, planted entire forests... Yeah you can do anything. The only thing you cant do is be something other than Human. Confused

If all a game offers me is endless grinding and quests, I get bored in a month or 2. I need to be able to build something. But then again, Ive learned I'm not like most people.
If you think to mention crafting... hehehe... Wurm is the only game Ive ever played or heard of (that's out for play) that has an actual crafting system.

Gahh, I'm leading the thread off topic. Embarassed
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo Fenris wrote:
....no Confused ...

Is this a joke?

why would this be a joke? I wasnt laughing when I found out about the game... well maybe a maniacle insane laugh of victory... but I dont think I found anything distinctly funny about the game.

CJ

"When taking a vacation from life, death is only the beggining and birth is only the end"
- Crimson Jackal
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they could do this Like wow did. Have designated areas around the starting areas for the newbies. Where you have to attack the other player first and if you do its your own fault. And as you gain in level you are more and more in areas where its free roaming pvp.

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaolin wrote:

If all a game offers me is endless grinding and quests, I get bored in a month or 2. I need to be able to build something. But then again, Ive learned I'm not like most people.
If you think to mention crafting... hehehe... Wurm is the only game Ive ever played or heard of (that's out for play) that has an actual crafting system.

Runescape has a crafting system *ducks the random objects that are thrown at him* ^.^

yeah, from what ive seen, this game will specialize in building and creating things for the society in game rather than destroying them. Antilia sure does look promising and I really wish I could buy stock in them but I have no idea how. Yeah, runescape actually did have a lot of things to do in terms of construction and creation, but the graphics sucked something terrible and the gameplay was mediocre and that damn censorship function they have in game really made it an unbearable game to play. If they would expand the mining guild with another fair sized room and add about a dozen more servers, the game would become immediately more fun, but right now, its constantly full of immature boneheads with the social skills of a rabid rhinoceros. I can tollerate bad graphics, but immature turds to play alongside is completely unbearable not to mention most of them seem to think that the world is their buttwipe. Where everything around them clean up their s*** only to have them s*** everywhere once again.

Im more than happy Antilia is being created for more than just a handful of reasons
A. it will be the very first furry MMORPG to ever be completed.

B. Every single other furry online game leaves far too much to be desired. Furcadia has no combat and mediocre graphics. They tried to bring yiff into it and even that sucked. Most you can do in game is one position and then even that is terrible. Second Life is a much better version of furcadia and you can even create the things in game you dont already have. Its got a lot more flexibility, but unfortunately, combat is limited to certain areas and even then the combat systems kinda stink. graphics depend entirely upon who made your AV and what their style is. Unfortunately its damn near impossible to find someone who can do a custom realistic AV. jakkal doesnt do custom ones anymore. Antilia would break through all those barriers

c. I think this will be the first time that furs will be getting online to play together for a reason that isnt tainted heavily with yiff. No offense to those yiffy furs out there, but sometimes I do like a break from it and everywhere I go in SL, i get reminded of yiff. Problem is, some of us have non-yiff relationships and games like SL constantly remind us that we COULD be yiffing.

D. Finally, antilia wont be just running online to hack and slash things to bits, it seems its going to be much much more than that. You will be able to build things and compete with other people in game in ways besides hacking each other to bits to figure out who is better in combat. Races and other contests will probably become common place.

All in all, I say this game is going to be a landmark in gaming not for just furs, but for many non furs as well. *bounces* cant wait to play, and if possible, Id love to get involved even in teh creation of the game

CJ

"When taking a vacation from life, death is only the beggining and birth is only the end"
- Crimson Jackal
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to toss out an update, apparently the team has taken down much of the community blogs and such in order to complete a feasable early version of the game so they can tell people exactly what and what not the game can do. Read more here

http://www.enygmaarts.com/blogs.php

I do beleive we furries might have put too much stress on their shoulders pushing for release, but at least they know what sort of audience they are looking at when it is released ^.^

CJ

- Crimson Jackal
Kaolin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart skipped a beat when I found this line on their new site:
Quote:
Players can create entirely new objects through creative crafting
Entirely new objects. Like ones that you design from scratch yourself..?.. I can dream. Smile

I wonder what exactly they mean by "a truly dynamic game world"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: