Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xbox 360! Have you got yours yet?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: xbox 360! Have you got yours yet? Reply with quote

im waiting till christmas to see if I get one becouse last year I ruined my gift by geting a suround system then my mom got me one for christmas. long story short the cheaper one got returned and it wasn't the one she gave me. I love my mom!

Anyway's I was woundering as it was just realeased.
xbox 360, Have you got yours yet? and if so tell me how much it rocks.

Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the increasing complexity of game stations, there is no way to work all the hardware/software bugs before a scheduled release date.
best to wait.

though i'm some of a hypocrite, that message was posted using psp web browser...
if you get one this year be sure to pay for repair service, the horror stories of first gen xbox is enough to kill any idea of spending that much money this generation. though a removable hdd is a good idea for game stations...

beno

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft meh. Well, they've actually performed quite well in the games console market. Probably because they have competition in the console market, unlike the OS market where they are pretty much a monopoly with 95% of the market, but the Xbox IS pretty good. I'm not much of a console person myself, I do nearly everything at a PC.
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it already has a serious flaw, couple of them actually, both can pretty much trash the system inside of an hour. the first is its processor overheating and self destructing because of a faulty cooling system, the other is a software glitch that makes the first problem even worse by over processing all the graphics data. Microsoft has the second problem listed in their support site but make no mention of the first one because they can fix the software with an update but can't fix a design flaw they never bothered to fix before it went into production, second gen xbox 360 is what you'll have to wait to get unfortunately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
beno

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm a PC guy. You can make sure you know EXACTLY what hardware you've got then. Microsoft do have the reputation of having glitches in their software which they don't care to resolve until it's been released. What's even worse is it's extended to the hardware they're making as well now they've gotten into that.
malus lupus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microsoft dose have its problems but i figure if you can avode the (explosion) problem than you should be able to fix the other problem farly easly
me: I have a permit for that
cop: what the heck is this !?
me: uh.... look, a distraction *runs away*
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well considering that if you break the seal on the 360 you void warranty and might break international copyright laws there is no way to avoid it... remember you do not own the product you simply have a license to use said product...

And Microsoft and problems go hand in hand... bugs are not just common with them they are expected.

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all companies have bugs technology is always going to have its problems.

take advent rising for example that game was chaulk full of them, and it was on ps2.

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwahaha, guess what i have!
(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too! I just bought it.
malus lupus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want an 360 soooooo badly, i just saw one for $400 which in my opinion is a major drop compared to the origonal price of $600. unfortunatly i dont even have enogh money Crying or Very sad
me: I have a permit for that
cop: what the heck is this !?
me: uh.... look, a distraction *runs away*
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't go for that price your gettin ripped off. all the places I looked were $250.00 dont go for the ebay price either, I hear they are having troble delivering a product when you order it by mail. trust me its wort just buying the core system and upgrading it yourself, if you save on the wireless controller. I wounder what moron came up with tat whole premium package ********. well, whoever it is microsoft is probably overpaying them.
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moron?

Anyway. I paid $547 for mine. That price includes a real system, four games, two wireless controllers, and a three year service plan. I consider it a good investment on my part. I've got PGR3, Quake 4, Call of Duty 2, and NFS: MW. I also have reservations on Elder Scrolls IV and Blazing Angels.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$270. is the highest ive ever seen it besides on ebay. why is everybody spending 500 for it its not a pc so i would consider any moe than that a rip off.
Asalis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonwolf, brother dear... *whaps with a newspaper* think before you type. Thats the price for the base unit. the upgrades you want with it increase the price considerably. It all depends on the package you want.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: