Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My sacrifice part two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: My sacrifice part two Reply with quote

Here's part two of my Sci-Fi story been working hard so it took me forever to get it the way I liked it. I also recommend you read the first part, (linked above) before you read this.

Chapter 2
Escape!

They dragged me to a headquarters building where I was taken inside. We passed down several hallways, and into an office. The name on the sign by the door read, “Admiral Brannon Ravore.” as we entered I could only guess, that I was going to find out my crime and punishments.

As I looked around the room, I could see why imperialists were so fanatical. The office was decorated with all kinds of statues and pictures everywhere, mostly of previous emperors. Imperial Dragon insignias were on every wall, and a bust of the current emperor was sitting on a pedestal towards the back of the room, in front of a huge window. The evening sun seemed to light the room with an almost blood red glow through the crimson curtains. In the center of the room, there was a desk, and behind it was the admiral.

He wore a red uniform with the same gray trim as mine, except it had different markings. His face was dark featured and strongly boned; his dark brown eyes had such a dark and pricing gaze from his deeply set sockets. He was frailly built but his ghoulish appearance made him seem a bit intimidating.

“Commander Tosran! Is this the slave?” He asked glaring at me. “Yes sir. She failed her mission to protect the regent!” answered my commander.

I had not heard my commander’s last name before. I scoffed at him for blaming me for his mistake again. “So typical, an imperial never takes the blame.”

Then the officer said, “Yes well, we’ll deal with her as soon as I take care of my business with the new regent.”

I wasn’t surprised to be ignored while they talked. Slaves seem so unimportant to their masters, no mater what race they are.

“The new regent sir?” said my commander puzzled behind me.

The officer answered, “The woman that was accompanying the regent. She has been promoted, now she’s the new regent.”

I cold see the worry in my commander’s face, as the officer yelled, “From now on, I would appreciate it if you would practice more discrete methods!”

I was surprised how almost frightened Tosran looked. “You do wish to take your place at the emperor‘s side don’t you?” he asked almost like a manipulative parent would a child.

“Yes sir.” answered my former superior

Once again he continued his speech, “Our plans will, go forward. Do you understand?”

My former superior repeated again, “Yes sir.”

“Good, because I’m not giving you many more chances!” The officer further screamed at him.

Finally he seemed to be finished with his speech, and He paced over to his desk pushed a button, on his desk intercom and yelled into it. “Send in a drone to retrieve the bio form, and tell the regent ill be right with her.”

He glared at us shouting, “I’ll tolerate no more mistakes! The invasion will begin soon, and if you intend to live through it you won’t make another one!”

Just then, something grabbed me by the collar of my uniform. It was one of those damn mechanical monstrosities that the Empire used for security. It had snuck up on me while I was listening for a hint to what my punishment would be.

All I could hear further was, “Send her to the lab!”

I started screaming wildly struggling, “Tosran you lying bastard!” as it lifted me into the air and took two giant steps back. “It’s not my fault!” I further screamed, as the door shut tight. I could feel my uniform was starting to tear at the seams as it turned and began walking.

“Not without a fight!” I grunted to myself.

Thinking quickly in desperation, I just grabbed my shoulders and helped it tear at the seams with my claws, so it would rip exactly how I wanted. Luckily, it did before that stupid thing realized what was going on, and as soon I hit the floor I started running as fast as my legs could carry me.

“See you trash can!” I yelled mockingly as I ran.

That was their first mistake, I thought to myself, as I rounded a left corner. I had to hold my chest to keep my uniform form falling off. I almost didn’t care as I was so determined to escape. I was almost sure that I could get away as I ran down a hallway. As I turned another corner to the right, I ran right into a dead end.

“Uh Oh” I stated in fear. I could hear its metal feet running to follow me. Turning around, I took a few steps backwards towards the end of the hallway.
It had just come around the corner and was starring at me with its red glowing cameras. I didn’t notice a hatch in the floor had opened behind me. I stepped back again, and I fell backwards into it. I had fallen into the garbage chute by blind luck. I slid down the chute and landed on my back in the garbage dumpster.

I was in so much shock from the fall I must have blacked out after that. I woke later when some garbage fell on me. I noticed my uniform had slid down to my waist, so I pulled it back up over my bra in an attempt to retain what little dignity I had. I tied the torn parts together so it at least did not get in the way. It was tighter fit but I didn’t care.

Then I looked out through the lid of the dumpster. I could see there was almost nothing in the way between me and freedom.

“They call it, “Supreme security” … hah what a joke.” I mumbled noticing the gate was barely even guarded at all.

I looked to see if it was safe to run. I saw there was not much blocking me from the gate so waited for the security patrol to pass. It was safe after that so, I ran for it.

Suddenly, the alarm sounded just before I got to the gate.

I decided it was better to hide, so I ran behind some barrels just a few feet in front of the gate, by a refueling station. Then I peered over them to see what had happened. The gates slammed shut with a loud thundering vibration.

“I’m trapped!” I muttered, wondering what could’ve sounded the alarm.

I could hear raised voices “What’s going on?” said one soldier.

“An unknown force is attempting to infiltrate the base. If you see anything unusual, report it immediately,” answered an officer.

I wonder what that could’ve been about. A minute later I saw a few officers run by so I ducked before I was spotted. I waited for things to calm down. It got deadly silent. I looked to see how many, if any at all were guarding the door.

Just as I peered over the barrel out of nowhere came a huge explosion. Some of the fuel barrels fell over from the force of the explosion, one of them pinned me to the ground. Rather than panic, I tried to lie as still as possible, so as not to attract attention.

Then suddenly, one officer yells, “You two stay and guard the gate!”
“You go and check those barrels get them secured!” ordered another officer.

I listened for his footsteps; I heard them footsteps getting close. I wasn’t sure if I was seen yet, but the soldier had spotted my tail sticking up out of the pile.
He yelled, “What the hell do I see here?” then he kicked the barrel off of me.

“Not yet!” I growled as I sprang up.

Then I cut his vulnerable and exposed neck open with my claws. His gun fell from the dying soldier’s hands. I picked it up, and pushing his corpse aside, I ran for the gate.

Now that only the one guard was left, I thought it would be easy to get through the gate. I ran faster, but as I picked up speed my uniform came untied, fell to my knees, and tripped me. I frantically just ripped it rest of the way off and scrambled to my feet.

Which was, just enough time for him to raise his rifle and prepare to kill me on sight? I was so sure I would die, but just before he pulled the trigger something miraculous happened. Yet another explosion roared and I was thrown backwards a few feet, and I got up seconds later only a little stunned.

I was very surprised to see the gate was now destroyed, so I took the opportunity to escape through it.

As I ran, I cold hear I was being pursued. I looked behind me, and saw a soldier clad in full assault power suit. He was racing to catch me. I ran faster, I could have cared less that I was nearly naked, I was almost free. I ran a long ways ducking and hiding as much as I could. I came to an apartment complex and climbed to the second floor looking to hide from my pursuer. Just as I passed the fourth door, he fired a grenade at me.

It hit the concrete balcony shattering it and burning away at my fur and, what was left of my clothes. The force of the explosion threw me through the door.

“I knew I was going to die!”

I laid there for several minutes covered by collapsing debris. I was losing a lot of blood. Suddenly, some of the ruble was pushed aside.

I could hear faint voices “Hey Kyle, over here!” I was hardly able to hear much more, as I fell into darkness, blacking out once again.

I awoke to find myself in an unfamiliar bed. I was naked as I had expected, but my chains had also been removed. I thought I was dead but as I inspected myself, I found several painful wounds, which were neatly bandaged. If I were dead, I doubt I would still feel pain.

I looked around to see where I was. There were only two doors. It was dark, save for the moonlight through the glass door leading outside to a balcony. I could see as well in the dark as well as I could in the light.

I saw the room was furnished as a typical bedroom. There was a dresser, wall mounted television, and a vanity table with a mirror and matching chair. Because of the furniture, I assumed that the room must have belonged to a woman.

Suddenly, there was a stirring in the corner. I noticed a chair with a sleeping figure in it, which appeared to be a human male. I silently got up, trying not to wake him. I walked over to the glass door, and looked out to see it was snowing.

Then I heard a voice from the corner, “where will you go… Naked, not human… don’t you think you’ll stand out?”

I looked over my shoulder to see he was getting up. I just looked at him terrified and so confused, as he walked over to me. I wasn’t sure what would happen to me next. Feeling so terrified and variable, I just started sobbing.

Someone came in through the other door. I could see the light from the hallway, as a slender built woman entered.

She asked, “Kyle what’s going on?” … “Oh I see, she’s awake … well that’s good” she stated as if to answer her own question.

“I made some things for her to wear. I had to get creative, but I think they’ll do.” she said.

as she continued to enter the room turning on the light she says, “Kyle! Stop staring and get out, so she can get dressed.”

I had not noticed he had been holding my hand the whole time. as he left I tried to stop sobbing, while she just began dressing me. I admit it felt kind of strange being dressed like a child would by their mother but, I was just too petrified to comprehend where I was or what was happening to me.

She began to slide my arms into the straps of my new bra, she talked softly as she did, “its ok.” … “You can just relax now, were trying to help you.”

I just nodded as she continued to dress me. “Kyle told me about what happened to you, literally being blown into his living room after all.” she said.

I slid my legs into the panties she had modified with a tail sleeve to better suit my unusual physiology.

As she pulled them up over my tail, she commented in a somewhat hateful tone, “It really doesn’t surprise me, these days the Empire seems to be murdering people right out in public.”

“This outfit really doesn’t seem to fit for a royal.” she said as she picked up the skirt.

“What makes you think I’m royalty?” I asked shyly beginning to feel a little safer.

“Oh I must have jumped to conclusions again,” she said, as she helped me put on the skirt. I wasn’t used to wearing such clothing.

As I put on the shirt myself, she went over to the vanity and opened the drawer and, picked up my crown form the drawer and told me, “You were wearing this when they found you, which is why I thought you were royalty.”

“I thought I had lost it when I had escaped.” I had even forgotten I was wearing it. I took it, examining it closely looking for any sign of tracking devices that might be hidden on it.

“Why were they shooting at you?” She asked looking at the imperial mark on my shoulder. I pulled the short sleeve down over it.

She looked at me and said, “You don’t have to answer me if you don’t want to, I can understand if you don’t even want to talk about it.”

As I put my crown on my head, looking in the mirror; I thought that I probably would have looked better without it. It completely clashed with the outfit. Nevertheless, it was now my only prized possession. I would not allow myself to loose it again. I gathered my thoughts for a moment, as she left the room. I knew the empire would hunt for me.

I decided there was nothing I could do about it for now, Therefore I followed her into the hallway where she and the man I now knew as Kyle were talking.

“We should get her to a doctor, I’m pretty sure she needs one.” she said.

“Yeah you’re probably right but who can we trust?” asked Kyle.

She quickly answered, “I think I know someone.”

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Kyle pulled out a gun as she went to answer it, and he told me, “go back into the bedroom.”

Instead of doing as he asked, I just hid in the hallway where I could hear.

“Oh good, It’s about time. It’s my boss, and don’t get upset, I called him.” said the woman.

I heard the door open, and then Kyle came around the corner, putting away his gun.
I asked him, “What’s going on Kyle?”

He just took my hand looking apparently surprised by my knowing his name. I have an excellent memory for names.

“Come on its time I introduced everyone.” he said softly, as he led me by the hand to the living room.

A man in a business suit was sitting on the couch, talking to the woman “so what was so important.” he said before noticing me as we came in. “Oh I see.” he said as Kyle took me to the couch where I sat down.

Kyle started introducing everyone, “I think she should at least get to know everyone, this is Lori and that kid over there by the table is Alex.”

The other man introduced himself “and I am Senator Derrick Colstien.”

“So what should we call you?” asked Kyle.

“I have no name. Slaves have to earn that right.” I answered.

The senator remarked, “Well, I can understand why you called me, but are you nuts Lori! If she is found here you could be executed.”

“So now I suppose you’re going to try to cover your own ass too!” Lori shouted frustratingly.

“Enough! Let’s get back to the subject here.” shouted Kyle.

“Well she needs a doctor!” said Lori.

“I think I know of a doctor we can trust but we had better get moving, I will go get my car while all of you get her ready,” said, derrick as he left to do so.

Kyle checked his gun and followed him “I’ll go with you. Sorry but I can’t be too paranoid at this point.” he stated sarcastically.

“That’s alright I’m a politician, I understand.” Derrick wittily remarked.

I waited for someone to tell me what to do while they just left out the front door.

“What do I do next? I am so used to being told what to do.” I muttered.

“What do I do with freedom?” I sighed.

As I got more depressed, I curled up and wrapped my self in my wings as I always did when I was worried. I did not pay much attention to anything else until…

The young boy who had been sitting by the kitchen table, which I had paid little attention to till now. now he was standing right in front of me.

He stated softly, “You share it!”

I looked up at the boy, He appeared to be at the age of twelve. He had the most unusual purple eyes, and his hair was blond. He was scrawny and appearing so much weaker than me.

“That’s what you do with freedom… you share It.” he declared in a straightforward childlike tone.

Then Lori came in as he then skipped out the door. She handed me a heavy cloak. “Put it on! At least you’ll be hidden even if you’re not inconspicuous.”

I of course did as told as I was so routinely used to. However, I pulled the hood up and put my crown over it.

“Hmm I wish I thought of that! Now you kind of look like one of derricks alien ambassador friends” said Lori. I just smiled and nodded.

Moments later Alex came in and hollered “come on lets go!”

She led me outside where the car was waiting. It was a white limo. I got pushed in first by Lori. I was used to being last in everything, except of course in abusive and perverse jokes. When everyone was in, we started out, as I watched out the window silently.

Then Kyle said, “You’ve got to have a name. So ill just let you think of one for yourself.”

I just looked at him so lost.

“Just let us know when you think of one ok.” he added

I nodded again. I am so used to only being addressed as a slave and punished when I spoke out of turn. I just sat and watched outside until we arrived at our destination.

We drove up to this rather large space port. It was nothing like the military landing bases I had seen. There were spacecraft of all kinds and many aliens walking the sidewalks. It was so casual and almost no guards.

“What’s the deal why are we here? I thought you knew a doctor?” Kyle Asked.

“I do, but we also need to get her off this world to get to them, and besides if the empire is trying to kill her, we had better hurry.”

Kyle didn’t look to pleased at all as the senator got out and said “just trust me, and wait here Lori and I will get them to prepare a private shuttle for us.” as Lori shut the door she said, “we’ll be right back, it wont take long.”

Last edited by DragonWolf_keny on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:22 pm; edited 37 times in total
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm might not have time to read it tonight, if not then it likely will have to wait till I get back from thanksgiving at moms. So if I don't answer right away, don't worry, I will come back! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confident words of wisdom. I apriciate them greatly! please, keep in mind this is unedited, first, and rouph draft. Please let me know about any mistakes I may have made. If it is easier pm me in depth if you can.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap thats what I forgot. I got back yesterday and hadn't gotten around to posting about this yet.

Well, one I would really suggest editing it (at least tossing it through word document) before posting it, theres many on the board who are picky and won't even bother reading something if its not in perfect appearance.
Second most I know find it easiest to read if the conversations in the story are separated such as...
"The cat is here." Jake said.
"Good I was hoping you'd find him." Sam replied.

Instead of running them together back to back.
Also when explained the events use less "then". Replace with things like next, afterwards, etc.

I think that was it, other than the spelling and various grammer stuff that would get fixed in editing. But yeah, looking great, intreaged to know more.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also wondering, what is the passive voice rule? Is it optional? I'm curious because, my grammar check doesn’t actually correct the error it just constantly keeps trying to fix it in a continuous loop.

I am happy to report that part three is in the works and this is where it gets interesting.
There is way more to the story, I mean it's not just about her escape. there are hints to a conspiracy thing, an invasion, political chess is being played in my little universe. there are characters yet to be introduced, a character called, the assister a.k.a. "snipes" is going to be the main antagonist but he hasn't even made an appearance yet. so much to wright so little time.

but before I spoil anything important Razz , I am updating it constantly so check back regularly. I'm doing This story just for fun, so I'll probably be posting all of it here.

Last edited by DragonWolf_keny on Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:21 am; edited 2 times in total
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its finally finished! I had it looked over by a friend and edited a bit.

its not long till I can finally get things started on the third chapter, I recently had a virus eat my hard drive and I lost all my previous hard work. Oh well, I needed a fresh start, and an upgrade anyways.

well thats all for now,

sincerely keny

Last edited by DragonWolf_keny on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not final but here's a preview of part three, My continied sacrifice to the critics It's not yet finished but it is at least to a point where I can give a preview of whats next.

so please enjoy mkay!

Keny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: