Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help with something fairly soon.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: I need help with something fairly soon. Reply with quote

I accidentely (dont ask how) checked the "log me in every visit" box when I initially joined, now I can't log out, it keeps saying "invalid session" how can I fix this?

Okay, now I CAN log out but everytime (except this time) I go to reply on a board it won't let me log in to do so. Help please!

I really hope I'm not being annoying but now it seems the only way to stay logged in for anything at all is to check the "log me in everytime box" wich was the initial issue, is there a way to log in and logout normally or do I require the little checkbox? this isn't covered in the help section. no hard feelings, just very confused.

Note: In the future, please make only one thread regarding the same problem. Thanks, ~Nite

AKA Mogthemoogle
Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the future: If you're stuck logged in, simply clear your browser's cookies. It will null all saved sessions.

Anyway: It appears that you're using AOL. In my experience with AOL's internal browser, I've learned that it sometimes has trouble handling sessions. If your browser forgets your session ID, PlanetFurry will think that you're logged out. I recommend using Mozilla Firefox as an alternative to AOL's internal browser.

Last edited by Nite on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Sorry, didn't know if it would get read by anyone all in one thread. Thanks for the correction, Nite.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nite, but I am not the sole owner of this computer, I'm not sure if I should do that, not to mention that this com I use is very fragile minded if you know what I mean. Would it be okay to wait until I use a different online service?

and will I be able to access this site on another computer with it permanently logged in on this one?
without getting locked on that one to of course.

I can be pretty computer challenged sometimes Sad

AKA Mogthemoogle
Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mogthemoogle wrote:
Thanks Nite, but I am not the sole owner of this computer, I'm not sure if I should do that, not to mention that this com I use is very fragile minded if you know what I mean. Would it be okay to wait until I use a different online service?

and will I be able to access this site on another computer with it permanently logged in on this one?
without getting locked on that one to of course.

I can be pretty computer challenged sometimes Sad

The service isn't the problem, it's the AOL software. You -could- use Internet Explorer which is most likely already on your computer, but it's not a very practical choice security wise. If you just use it for PlanetFurry, I think you'd be fine, though.

If you can convince the owner of your computer to allow an installation of Firefox, I can guarantee you won't regret it. If you can run AOL on your computer, you can run Firefox (which is a much more stable & secure browser than Internet Explorer).

And yes, if you're permanently logged in on your computer, you can access PlanetFurry anywhere in the world with your account, and nothing will screw up. Smile
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou so very much Nite! Your a good friend.

also, thanks for not being annoyed with me. Very Happy

AKA Mogthemoogle
Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the good news there is that the people I live with don't like furries, in fact , they ignore me alltogether on that, so I don't think there will be a problem there. But thanks anyway, I just needed to know if it restricted me to this computer. Laughing

AKA Mogthemoogle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: