Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forgoten Thoughts: Do you keep notes while wrighting?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberhorn
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rarely

a good idea tends to stick

when i do its usualy the names of charcters i want to write about and it acts as a recall device for what ive got stored up about them
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberhorn wrote:
rarely

a good idea tends to stick

when i do its usualy the names of charcters i want to write about and it acts as a recall device for what ive got stored up about them

Yes cyberhorn it does but it is a pain when your muse won't let your mind rest. I find that my first draft of an idea I have to write down so that my mind unclogs for all the other ones to filter down.. Very Happy Very Happy

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Yakoku Aekis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*looks at his desk*
notes: 300+ pages
rewrites/abandoned concepts: everywhere nearly 2000+

i do take notes at the worst of times namly exams. But i never really use them ive memorised all my notes and storys but Mr Paul Lucas (author of Creatura) gave me some writing advice such as before writing create a detailed outline of the story and on write from that and his advice has helped me a lot as ive only abandoned one story so far this year then again that was doomed from the start.

Chris Regan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yakoku Aekis wrote:
*looks at his desk*
notes: 300+ pages
rewrites/abandoned concepts: everywhere nearly 2000+

i do take notes at the worst of times namly exams. But i never really use them ive memorised all my notes and storys but Mr Paul Lucas (author of Creatura) gave me some writing advice such as before writing create a detailed outline of the story and on write from that and his advice has helped me a lot as ive only abandoned one story so far this year then again that was doomed from the start.

Notes! I have more notes that stories there are times my mind is running in over drive and I feel like I'm running to catch up but then I see them as a move clip.

Right now I'm working on taking the clips an weaving them into an outline of the full story, what a job that is I wish now I had done and out line first.

It is like taking different colors of yarn and tieing them together as you create a produced that weave two events that are tied by the smallest thread into a large tapestry of work and beauty.

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Nadan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't just take notes. I proofread and do multiple drafts of my notes. I'm hopeless, I know.

But at least if I publish my notes (like I did for the Dual Blade Glossary and Dual Blade Compendium) they are easily accessable to my readers.

"Cats are mysterious beings... symbols of evil, gods of the Pharoahs. You never know if they love you or if they condescend to occupy your house. This mystery is what makes them the most attractive beast." - Paul Moore, 1978
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthonyTiger wrote:
I don't just take notes. I proofread and do multiple drafts of my notes. I'm hopeless, I know.

But at least if I publish my notes (like I did for the Dual Blade Glossary and Dual Blade Compendium) they are easily accessable to my readers.

Notes! I re-write my notes, add thoughts and information to Bio's and story hooks all the time for when your writing a novel or story it is always evolving until the you get to the end.. Smile Smile Wink

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Regan wrote:

Notes! I re-write my notes, add thoughts and information to Bio's and story hooks all the time for when your writing a novel or story it is always evolving until the you get to the end.. Smile Smile Wink

that they do, ever evolving! I'm currently hoping to publish some of my work. I've been going over my notes, and the files are getting huge. what was once a small fantasy world, has certainly gotten complicated. writing a collection of short works is gathering into a huge undertaking.

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to keep notes because entire chapters happen out of sequence, in fact it's so bad that one of my current projects will be written as a plot line with a series of flash backs because of the things that came up while I was writing, otherwise nothing is going to come of it.

In the case of the two projects I'm currently working on, I have detailed notes for one and am working on the notes for the other simply because I'm having trouble keeping some things straight. My memory isn't the greatest.

Virmir

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah! Notes!

I just write willy-nilly and hope it comes out semi-coherently. Of course, I've only done short stories thus far. Perhaps I should consider this if I ever hope to get anything longer accomplished. Smile

Virmir's Stories
Metamor Keep
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

continuity is not really such a problem as comprehension with me. I usually shy away from flashbacks and meanwhile else where's.

plus I tend to have characters suddenly being omnipotent and knowing events they had no witness to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: