Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old Favorites
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dingo Fenris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrono Trigger, I probably sound like millions of other gamers, but it is a good game. And how could I ever forget Super Mario Bros. theres something about italian plumbers saving princesses which is so damn entertaining
Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrono cross was better and ff3 (japanese)us ver. 5?) has alot better story than six... seven was just godlike, but the story was see through...

My list:
parasite eve
turok
ff (need i list all of them?)
conkers B.F.D.

too many more to name that i played...

Dingo Fenris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Slug series, I can still remember blowing my allowance on those games and never feelling like I wasted money. *wipes a lone tear*

If you expect me to say G'day... Forget it.
Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenshi wrote:
chrono cross was better and ff3 (japanese)us ver. 5?)

chrono cross- I loathed the battle system in that game... it ruined it all for me.

FF3- Japan's FF3 was never released in the states and Japan's FF6 was released as FF3 in the states.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Neko-san

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was initially put off by the gameplay mechanics of Chrono Cross, but later on I decided to give it another chance and it turned out to be a great game after all.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feel nostalgic, take a look at www.abandonia.com/

Great site for games from the DOS area and most of the even legally for download with instruction to make them run on a modern day computer Smile

Sssitinith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom. Period.

And maybe wolfenstein 3d...

Jdoom all the way to. Still maintain that old doom flavor with newer technologies (except for the models, I think that takes away to much)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never could see anything in DOOM. I mean, I like to have some story development in my games. When I want to run around and shoot stuff I play Unreal Tournament. At least that game doesn't pretent to give you anything else.

The Wolfenstein games are illegal to sell in Germany so I never played any of them but from what I have seen I don't want to anyway.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect intended Ty but I never agreed on the German government's stance on this and other things concerning WWII, it's like they want to pretend the whole thing didn't happen. I know this is really off topic so if the subject is not too prickly for you, could you PM me I'd like to satisfy my curiosity as to what they teach you over there about that era.

Solis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
No disrespect intended Ty but I never agreed on the German government's stance on this and other things concerning WWII, it's like they want to pretend the whole thing didn't happen. I know this is really off topic so if the subject is not too prickly for you, could you PM me I'd like to satisfy my curiosity as to what they teach you over there about that era.

[threadjack] I agree... clouding and disguising the past only makes it more likely to happen again [/threadjack]

Back OT, anyone here play Tyrian?

If you love galaga-style space combat sims do a search for it on google (the company that made it released it as freeware). Damn fun game.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
No disrespect intended Ty but I never agreed on the German government's stance on this and other things concerning WWII, it's like they want to pretend the whole thing didn't happen.

They don't do that at all. In fact, from what I have heard we get a lot better teachings about WWII than some of you guys over there do. I have heard several accounts of Germans going to the US on vacation and getting asked wether Hitler is still in power or his son has taken over.

Also, a friend told me about a girl from the US he knows who has visited him and had her entire impression of WWII uprooted when she learned that it was the English who bombed Hannover into little pieces because she was taught in school that only US troops ever did any attacks against Germany.

On a similar topic, only recently I had to tell Pflarrian that Bavaria is NOT a seperate country but part of Germany, although I personally would not mind if they were a country of their own.

Anyway...

Styx wrote:
I know this is really off topic so if the subject is not too prickly for you, could you PM me I'd like to satisfy my curiosity as to what they teach you over there about that era.

I'll just say it here.

We get taught what happened in WWII, why it happened, how it happened and why it must NOT happen again.

What is forbidden is any sort of symbols or slogans as well as behaviour associated with the Nazis and the Wolfenstein games are full of these. Plus, they came out in a time when most first person shooter games were deemed unsuitable for the youngsters and thus illegal to sell. Not illegal to own, mind you, just really hard to get.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay I had wondered I had heard a few years back that a group of I guess the term is neo Nazis in Germany were claiming the holocost never happened that it was just Allied propaganda, and I thought it was because the German government seemed to be (at least to me) trying to gloss over that part of history.

malus lupus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sssitinith wrote:
Doom. Period.

And maybe wolfenstein 3d...

Jdoom all the way to. Still maintain that old doom flavor with newer technologies (except for the models, I think that takes away to much)
never played wolfenstein or doom but i loved quake 2
me: I have a permit for that
cop: what the heck is this !?
me: uh.... look, a distraction *runs away*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: