Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goofy? WTF is Goofy?! O.o
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the Disney character Goofy?
He's a Dog
63%
 63%  [ 24 ]
He's a Martian
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
He's a Freak
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
He's a She
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
He's Something else
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
I AM THE LIZARD QUEEN!! O_O
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 38

Scifer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Goofy? WTF is Goofy?! O.o Reply with quote

Right, just something I started questioning recently.

What species is the Disney character Goofy? For a while I've been thinking that he was a dog, but then again, Pluto is a dog. If this is true, and if anyone really gives a shit, how can goofy be a dog if Disney's canines walk on all-fours and can't talk like people (intelectually challenged rednecks) ... ?

Could some higher power please answer me this question, for my feeble student mind has been heavilly blasted by years of non-stop education. X_x

Here's a picture of the poor freak - YOU DECIDE.

Last edited by Scifer on Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Vee Are Are Schee
Mini-Boss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he's a dog, and he has a dog for a pet. At least that's what I remember.

I, however, chose to be the lizard queen, because, well, I just can't possibly resist.
Melina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some believe he is an original creation based on a dog. It makes sense to me... you'll just have to accept it like that.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a dog. Originally named Dippy Dog BTW, but that deemed to be not funny enough.

There are a number of four legged mice in Disney cartoons but that never stopped Mickey from being a mouse.

taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Althou I voted Dog...
Disney Has this to say about Goofy...
http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/characterstandard/goofy/goofy.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
There are a number of four legged mice in Disney cartoons but that never stopped Mickey from being a mouse.

Don't forget the Disney cats: four-legged, speechless Figaro, and the oft-villainous Pete.
Superlagg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly it is that Goofy is a genetic mutation (Or crossbreeding, possibly something I dont want to think about) that allows him to walk upright, but have limited inteligence and vocal capabilities. What would trigger such a mutation? Possibly that Pluto already posesses somewhat lowgrade humanlike cognitive thinking and sometimes is able to be bipedal. It is possible that Goofy is a more advenced version of Pluto, which would also somewhat explain why Pluto is Goofy's pet and not vice versa.
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a Because Disney Said So. Disney ober alles!
(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought it was worth thinking about Confused

Asalis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um Pluto is Mickey's pet not Goofy's. I have never seen Pluto and goofy in the same cartoon untill the recent incarnations otherwise called "The House Of Mouse". However I remember seeing plenty of early cartoons with Pluto as Mickey's pet. As for Goofy, He's a dog anthropomorph. His original name when he was starting out was Dippy Dawg. WHich the last name sounds like dog only spelled differently.

as for how they can both co exist. I guess the Online Comic Fur Will Fly explains it best. Sorry I don't have a link. but in that comic both Anthro and their non anthro animals counterparts exist on that world at the same time.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV

Last edited by Asalis on Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Goofy? WTF is Goofy?! O.o Reply with quote

Scifer wrote:
Right, just something I started questioning recently.

What species is the Disney character Goofy? For a while I've been thinking that he was a dog, but then again, Pluto is a dog. If this is true, and if anyone really gives a shit, how can goofy be a dog if Disney's canines walk on all-fours and can't talk like people (intelectually challenged rednecks) ... ?

Could some higher power please answer me this question, for my feeble student mind has been heavilly blasted by years of non-stop education. X_x

Here's a picture of the poor freak - YOU DECIDE.

Goofy's an anthropormorphic dog, Pluto's is the pet non-anthropormorphic animal. Thats the difference between being a furry and being road kill on the road of evolution.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Superlagg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asalis wrote:
Um Pluto is Mickey's pet not Goofy's. I have never seen Pluto and goofy in the same cartoon untill the recent incarnations otherwise called "The House Of Mouse". However I remember seeing plenty of early cartoons with Pluto as Mickey's pet. As for Goofy, He's a dog anthropomorph. His original name when he was starting out was Dippy Dawg. WHich the last name sounds like dog only spelled differently.

as for how they can both co exist. I guess the Online Comic Fur Will Fly explains it best. Sorry I don't have a link. but in that comic both Anthro and their non anthro animals counterparts exist on that world at the same time.

Well, You can account in the fact that I never really watched much of Disney's things that involved their base things.

Elle Femme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, he is a Dog Gone Wrong. He's a Something Else, and that's all I am gonna say.
Freya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like in the fandom. We have ferals and we have anthros. I voted dog, personally, even if it does embaress (or whatever, can't spell that !&*# word) me to admit he is a fellow canine.

Weeeeee!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
weredog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goofy looks more like a dog than Mickey looks like a mouse. Seriously, Goofy looks vaguely canid, but mickey doesn't really look like anything.
Mice don't have long pointed snouts and big black noses., Mouse ears look nothing like Mickey's ears. If not for the name you wouldn't know what the hell Mickey is. Mrs Brisby is a mouse, Mickey is just a hideously deformed mutation. A freak. Nature's biggest mistake and greatest shame.

Besides Goofy kicked ass in Kingdom Hearts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: