Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OH MY GOD!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

YUS!
I dunno... s'not that great...
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
IT SHALL BE OUR NEW GOD!
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: OH MY GOD! Reply with quote

I have stumbled upon the great tournament to decide the Greatest Sandwich in all the Earth, and as it turns out the winner was right there in my native New Jersey!

I had heard stories, legends that seemed far too magical to believe. And this day I have found that the magic has come to pass!

As it was written in the book of Maxim:

1. The Fat Darrell ($4.75)

R.U. Grill & Pizza, New Brunswick, New Jersey

After last call, munchie-addled Rutgers kids mob College Avenue, where an army of “grease trucks” are parked 24/7.

The Fat Darrell started in 1997 when, hungry and low on cash, student Darrell Butler begged the guy inside the R.U. Hungry truck to put everything he was craving—chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks with marinara, and French fries—on one roll.

The next 10 people in line ordered it, too, and soon this arterial clusterfuck was the bestseller on campus, and R.U. got to move into a real live building. Now career-minded Rutgers grads have a place to eat and work! (142 Easton Ave., 732-828-1128; fatdarrell.com)

Truly this is a sign from the divine, and I shall take upon myself the quest to retrieve this sandwich and eateth it with much joy. I shall keep all of you apprised of my progress, along with other wonderful side sandwiches I may come across along the way!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SANDWICH!

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this requires a poll... why?
Vee Are Are Schee
Mini-Boss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... drooling.

The only thing that can top this is a California Cheeseburger.
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tygon. A poll for this?
Gosh.. the lot here sometimes just creeps me out.. Sigmund Freud.. will
have a field day... and quite a few straitjackets might have to be used...
Food or sex? -drools- um err.. I'd rather starve..

Uh.. just shoot me please!

Solis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is... HOLY ****. Heart attack onna bun anyone?
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

il take two
-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time I go to SubWay I may have to take a picture of my sub and show you what a good sandwich looks like.
Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racky raccoon wrote:
il take two

I'll have what he's having. Screw health, I'll worry about that when my side goes numb Very Happy
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandwich > you.
(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Scifer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief ... O.o

I bet it'd be possible to smell that thing coming out of your pours within 2 hours of consumption.

I mean, just THINK what a sandwich like that would do to your arteries! All that liquid fat and grease clogging up your-YOINK! *Steals the ubersandwich and runs away somewhere*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! You want to talk about food oozing out of your pours kem shi (sp?) a Korean dish with cabbage. You can tell when some one has eaten it two or three days later. Mad

Nitch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, it looks tasty... but I'd rather have a good reuben any day.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you guys complaining out?
Its a fact that health nuts that eat whole grains and little meat die at younger and more horrible deaths than the rest of us fat slobs. They bring it upon themselves by adding much unneeded stress and pressures upon themselves that they bodies weaken to the point of failure. The body needs animal protien and a few unhealthy germs to keep it going- or else the stress of digesting plant protien constantly and using antibatrial soaps weakens the body and creates supergerms and guess what? They die.

I've tried The Fat Darrell years ago, and it was good (that would be high on most standards, but my standards are kind of skewed Mr. Green ) I've had better, I've had worse. But nothing beats good eatting, and The Fat Darrell is good eating.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Concolor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitch wrote:
I dunno, it looks tasty... but I'd rather have a good reuben any day.

Yes, indeed. So would I. But a GOOD Reuben is scarce as hens' teeth here in SC.

I used to travel to northern NJ on a regular basis. There was a locally-owned deli that served up what I consider to be the ultimate example of the art. It was open-faced and oven-toasted, on thick slices of fresh-baked black rye bread, the meat was aged and hair-thin and fragrant, they used cheese from a wheel that stood in a corner, the kraut had a slight sugary tang to it that came (I learned) from their use of stewed apples in its manufacture, and they made their own sauce. Knowing that I could get one of those Reubens is all that made some of those trips tolerable.

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have two things to say it's Kim Chi o.o and around where I live, Cary, North Carolina, Subways are a joke, everyone avoids them like the plague they eat at the subs you can get in Harris Teeter a super market chain xp or a place called firehouse, but the entire city for the most part scoffs Subways xp

And Kim Chi is a pickled form of a cabbage and there are two types winter and summer kim chi. The Summer is a bit more fresh then the winter. Winter Kim chi you let soak for a while till it gets "sour" and has a stronger taste to it, well a more. *thinks* pungent taste I would say. it has various stuff in it from garlic to various dried hot peppers. *thinks* and there are multiple types of kim chi that range from the traditional Cabbage form to the extreme, for example picked baby crabs, where you eat the shell and all. to my favorit garlic stems YUM ^^

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: