Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quantum Physics and other religious panderings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2001 didn't have terraforming. You're probably thinking about 3001: Final Odyssey. They were terraforming Venus and Mercury in the I think.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but one could say that the obelisk is a terra forming project unto itself.
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. Maybe not... O.o

Back in action!

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matter of definition. I definitely helped the evolution.

Anyway, How did we get from one extreme (doomsday weapons) to the other (Terraforming) ??? Smile

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I just heard about another Tygon that was bred in India or somewhere. That was neat. Now, an to the original topic. How can we destroy the human race, while preservng the wildlife?

Back in action!

BLITZ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah making Planets habitable isn't my thing, making them unhaitable is my specialty Twisted Evil
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
Ooh, I just heard about another Tygon that was bred in India or somewhere. That was neat.

India would make sense. After all, the only place on the planet where lions and tigers can meet in nature.

Maybe I should look around for the latest member of my esteemed species Wink

whiterabbit wrote:
Now, an to the original topic. How can we destroy the human race, while preservng the wildlife?

Well, I know I'm repeating but I think a biological or nanite weapon would be the best way there.

You would need a weapon that only kills them but also kills them fast enough so they can't learn how to fight it (they are good at that).

A b/n weapon can do that and I think even in a rather easty way.

Otherwise, a thing that just came to my mind, how about a psychic weapon. Something that only work with the thought patterns of intelligent lifeforms. I could be some kind of radiation, send from small satellites in orbit that does something with the biochemical functions in the brain so the human dies.

I'm not sure as to if and how exactly this would work but it is an idea.

And to BLITZ, yes, making planets uninhabitable is much easier and much more fun Wink

Hmmm... there actually reminds me of something in the Sholan Alliance Series. However, I don't want to spoil the fun for all who are reading them / want to read them so I won't tell anything about it unless you all want me too Smile

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:

Anyway, How did we get from one extreme (doomsday weapons) to the other (Terraforming) ??? Smile

Who's to say one cannot be the other?

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
Tygon wrote:

Nobody does and I know at least one case where one actually IS the other.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Fishburne wrote:
Tygon wrote:

Nobody does and I know at least one case where one actually IS the other.

I don't know what you're thinking of, but the term "Genesis Wave" comes to my mind.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Otherwise, a thing that just came to my mind, how about a psychic weapon. Something that only work with the thought patterns of intelligent lifeforms. I could be some kind of radiation, send from small satellites in orbit that does something with the biochemical functions in the brain so the human dies.

Well, upon hearing this, my mind just screams the possibility of helping animals to develop intelligent thought at the same time. After all, we are furries first, and Bond villains second. ^.~

Back in action!

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
Tygon wrote:

That was my point...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLITZ wrote:
ah making Planets habitable isn't my thing, making them unhaitable is my specialty Twisted Evil

Remember Shoemaker/Levy 9? The one that smacked into Jupiter so many years ago?

Remember 6 months before- Nasa Posted a new headline of "Earth to be destroyed in 2015..." and the next day recinded it due to a "Mathematical Problem?"

Mathematical Problem: Collision Models does not take other planets or their gravitation influences into consideration, back then. Now they do.

Lesson? Well, didn't the Romans say that Jupiter was the God of Gods? Pray to god and say "Thank You..."
(lol!)

But seriously- if Jupiter was not there... how's having an ice=ball the size of Texas for making Terra Lessa Firma....?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
Quote:

Well, upon hearing this, my mind just screams the possibility of helping animals to develop intelligent thought at the same time. After all, we are furries first, and Bond villains second. ^.~

Think about this- it takes as little as .5% damage to the body to kill a human being. But for an animal- at least 5%, in some cases even higher... The problem is inflicting that damage to everyone at once...

An air-bourne virus that mimicks a sick human nueron which forces the immune system to attck all nuerons- that would be nice. Or a SulphurDioxide producing inhaleble bateria would do the right kind of quick and disgustingly painful death to the pulmonary system of any human host it enters... worse and faser than anthrax. Instead of days- it kills in under 2 hours.

There are other ways to kill humans- DNA Smart Germs or enzymes, and dissolves one faster than Ebola, etc, etc, etc...
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLITZ wrote:

There's a huge pile of C14 in Africa which when calculated, was a huge Uranuim238 pile during the Jerasask Period. Perhaps the Dinos were a lot smarter than we give'm credit for? Perhaps they were ther cause of their own destruction?

I can see "Dumb" Dinos moving Uranium Ore into a pile to make it heat up, but were never aware of the notion of critical mass...

But in the past discussion of partical beams and gravity wave bombs, how about a large tractor beam? I'm outlining (another) story, of planet core stealing aliens... Why Planet Cores? Thats the story. But what would be the ending result on the planet that was "cored?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> fishburne All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: