Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amat Victoria Curam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear, when it starts I can see Quintus running away on Via Sarapia, trying to get away from the look in Enid's eyes. Then as those long, sad notes kick in, she turns around to face the dust cloud coming on, telling Vipsania 'just one more round'...

That's what -this- piece says to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to the sound track WOW.

Aslaug said

Quote:
I swear, when it starts I can see Quintus running away on Via Sarapia, trying to get away from the look in Enid's eyes. Then as those long, sad notes kick in, she turns around to face the dust cloud coming on, telling Vipsania 'just one more round'...

I agree would love to hear more perhaps a theme for Quintus, Enid, and Vipsania.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is this? all I'm getting is
Quote:
502 Bad Gateway
nginx/0.4.13

Cirrel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
what is this? all I'm getting is
Quote:
502 Bad Gateway
nginx/0.4.13

Ah. the nasty 502 error. FurAffinity - who hosts FoxAmoore's music has been having a bit of trouble with that lately. They are in the process of upgrading their server's 'backend'. (who comes up with these server terms anyway?) They suggest to keep trying and hopefully at some point you'll get through. If worse comes to worse, PM me and I can give you a URL from my site where you can DL it as a zip file.

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AVC trend continues. Today, I received an email from Tigermark with a file attached.

This file, called 'Reunion', shows Quintus/Leonidas in old age, looking back at the time that went by. I won't say more than that, other than to say it's a deeply moving little piece and I am looking forward to when he decides to post it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Theatrical Trailer for next year's Spartan epic, '300' has been released. It can be found by going to the 'media' section and then looking at trailers on the movie's homepage at

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

I don't think...I remembered to breathe the first time I watched it. -Must- -see-!! Must...absolutely...see...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this movie now...

I think tomorrow I may have come sufficiently back down to Planet Earth that I can write something resembling a real post about it.

But for anyone who read AVC...and enjoyed the Thermopylae-reenactment scenes...this movie really is a must see, despite it's many historical discrepancies.

Visually, it is a tour-de-force which -must- set a new standard for how battle-epics are filmed in Hollywood from now on.
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus it begins...

Just started reading AVC. Fun seeing the actors playing their parts, I've already identified quite a few.

I'm looking forward to a fun offshoot from Transitions.

/bows to the filly

Teric

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteban (oops, I mean Manius) said:
Quote:
Eet tells me you'll be traineeng as a murmeello. That tells me that I weell be the feesh you have to catch. Just watch eet, Queentus. Thees feesh has very...sharp...teeth.

Wait... I thought that Manius was Retiarius, and Quentis was Murmillo. If I understand correctly, the Murmillo represented the fish, and the Retiarius represented the fisher. Am I mistaken, or did Esteban flub his lines there?

Exciting read so far! I like the intrigue and plot that is developing here. Even among the pawns in this great political game, there is drama.

*goes back to read more*

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness...you're right. Don't think anyone actually caught that one before. I'll need to fix that one at some point.

Thanks for pointing it out.

The -intention- in that line, however, should be clear enough...

It should have been 'that means you will be the fish I have to catch. Be careful, this trident has very sharp teeth'...

Properly Estebanized, of course...
Teric

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, certainly clear enough--Manius hates Quintus and would just love to kill him in the arena. It makes me wonder, though--what is Manius's problem? Does he hate just Quintus?

From what I've seen, his anger has also been directed at Enid. So, is it just the two of them? If so, why those two specifically? Or, on the other hand, is Manius just a surly, mad-at-the-world fur who just hates everyone, and has happened to find an outlet for his anger in Quintus?

I'm just about at the chapter where the big fight will occur--I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manius hates everyone who isn't Manius that's all I'm saying.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manius is a hateful little creep. He's the kind of fur who wants all the attention and all the adulation, and who is convinced that his view on the world is the only right one. He'll simper to and flatter anyone who has anything he wants, and he'll play the big macho hero in the ring...and in reality he's just an egotistical, self-righteous git...

Sadly...that kind of type doesn't need justification or reason. They simply are that way and all of us know of some...
Teric

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're *KILLING* me, Aslaug! I don't know whether to hit you or just sit down and cry!

Vipsiana is dead. Drugged, raped, and literally fed to the lions. And yet she still succeeded! She won! She was given her freedom! And then she died.

You've torn my heart this day, filly. I hope you're happy.

Teric

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow Up:

I'm not mad at you, Aslaug. I'm just mourning for Vips and Enid. And I have a black loathing hatred for the evil that Manius and Lucius have done here.

Though I'm sorry that Quintus did not receive the honor of ending Manius's life, I'm certain that Caligula will make sure he suffers.

(Geez, it makes me wonder how hard it was for Esteban to play that part...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: