Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amat Victoria Curam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cirrel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.F. Thompson wrote:
Kudo on the are work Cirrel. Would love to see more.

Thank you. Yes there will be more. Considering the excellent quality of the source material, how could there not be? However, considering the time required for each pic, they may not come fast and furious, but when they do, I'll be posting to either VCL or my own site, and, of course, the Lovely Filly is more than welcome to post any of my story-related pics to her gallery here as well.

Cirrel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gone for a few weeks, and I get back just in time to miss the end of the party. Shocked

A wondrous, thrilling read, my Lady, and I look forward to reading anything and everything else you may produce.

*raises right arm in salute* Ave Scriptor!

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the story is over now. It was a good read and it really did read like a movie script. (Though I don't think we would want to dishonor it by comparing it to typical Hollywood scripts).
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, Cirrel told me something that frankly stunned me rigid.

At MfM, he habitually shares a room with James Bruner, Jim Lane and Max Blackrabbit himself. Max, as we all know, is a prolific artist and Cirrel asked him for a sketch.

Not just any sketch, mind you.

This one is the rough draft for the AVC movie poster, featuring Enid, Vipsania and Quintus. He showed me the rough, yesterday, and I am sitting on needles until that one is done, although it can take -some- time. Imagine that...I actually wrote something that the two biggest names in non-comic furry art (at least as far as I am concerned) decided to cooperate on. Not to mention that I -love- the sketch. It's just a rough, at the moment, and no details on there at all...and I can still barely wait.

I wonder if the trees really do grow into Asgaard...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought I would hear myself say this or see myself write this...

But there is a historical movie coming out that I must urge you all to see. Anyone who ever enjoyed Amat Victoria Curam should, come March 2007, go to a cinema and watch the movie '300'.

They've made mistakes and I know of some of them beforehand, but this movie depicts the battle of Thermopylae. I have seen the trailer. If Quintus had been human...then that...-that- is how he would've come across to his men in the Circus Maximus. This movie will be an epic. But it will be gritty...bloody...terrible and dirty. It won't be the kind of epics Hollywood churned out for thirty years.

How do I know this? Because this movie is based on the graphic novel '300' by none other than the living legend, Frank Miller. He is perhaps the worlds most renowned graphical artist, and for good reason.

The movie comes at...an opportune time, politically speaking, and the moviemakers have certainly not missed out on a chance to make a few hints (more like fists in the face) of the way the world is now. The synopsis for instance describes how the battle of Thermopylae paved the road for Greek Democracy. Now...the point I'm trying to make there is that the battle took place more than 25 years after the first democratic reforms had taken place in Athens, under Kleisthenes. And Sparta most CERTAINLY were not in favor of Demokratia in any way, shape or form. Prominent Athenians like Aristotle strongly favored the ways of Sparta to those of Athens itself (Aristotle wrote a famous book called 'Politics', where he describes Demokratia quite faithfully, but where he makes it clear why he feels it is a very bad way of ruling a Polis (a city state). The Spartans had two kings, one for external and military affairs (he was the important one) and one for internal affairs (who was a lot less important in the minds of Spartans themselves). Their way of living was barbaric and cruel to modern viewers, but they made their Polis into the greatest and most feared military power on land in Greece. So strong that even Athens eventually lost to Sparta in the Peloponesian wars.

So '300' takes some liberties, but from the look of it, it will show pretty well the horrible hopelessness of the stand at the Hot Gates.

Go see it. I think you won't regret it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it isn't a Hollywood blockbuster epic, but is it still a larger production or a little independent film? If a little "indy", then I'll have little to no chance of seeing it way out here in the boonies.

BTW, I see on IMDB, there was also The 300 Spartans (1962), but beyond that I know nothing about it.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1962 movie was quickly forgotten as an embarrasment. It was a piece of cold-war propaganda par excellence.

I don't think this one, '300', is is what you'd call a normal Hollywood blockbuster but there -are- some very big names involved in the production.

Gerard Butler will play Leonidas. For the uninitiated, Butler played the phantom in the 2004 production of 'The Phantom of the Opera', plus he was involved in 'The Jury' and the much-maligned 'Reign of Fire'...which in my opinion had a horrible story but some pretty damned good acting in places.

Leonidas' wife, Queen Gorgo, will be played by Lena Headey, who is probably most famous for 'The Brothers Grimm' (which I at least thought was funny as all hell, and clearly a movie that those who were involved with it thought was a tremendous laugh to make)

Probably most famous though will be David Wenham, who will play the part of Dilios, one of the Spartans. Wenham was, and is, most famous as Captain Faramir of Minas Tirith from the LotR trilogy.

So there are some really good acting talent involved in this. The teaser trailer is mindnumbing and I must've watched it twenty times in a row.

I WANT THAT SOUNDTRACK!!

I think you will see this movie -everywhere- when it comes out, Amigadragon. And if you want to have a look at that teaser, go to

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

and have a look. It is -gorgeous-.
Cirrel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let folks know I finally completed the AVC "Movie Poster" I did with Max Blackrabbit. It's posted at my website.

http://www.wilderhom.com/original/maxposter24a.jpg

And as a teaser, AVC - the ZZ Movie - now has a actual, musical soundtrack that was composed, played, and recorded specifically for this story. (I commissioned it and I'm listening to it right now. Damn fine music.)

We'll let you know where to DL it as soon as the composer fills us in on the link(s), but it'll prolly be on FurAffinity and/or SheezyArt soon.

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the music in question and to say that it's damned fine music is an understatement. I must've heard it twenty times at -least- and I had to tell myself 'stop now, or you'll hear it too many times too quickly' and I don't want that to happen. It's awesome.

And, ladies and gentlefurs, so is the poster. It is also posted on my site, in the art-album, where hopefully Fikrann will put the rest of the images I have soon, as well Smile

Cirrel, you -rock-, my friend...
Shadu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how to pull it off but... four thumbs up for the poster!!! its too cool. too bad it would be to complicated to make a movie to go with it but good job to all those involved! Very Happy
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four thumbs up...that's damned impressive Shadu Very Happy

I am glad you like it though. Now that AVC has both a movie poster and a soundtrack (which is still incomplete but at least we have the first number of it), all we need is for it to actually BE animated.

Does anyone know the boss at Dreamworks?
Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would suggest someone diferent cause i don't think AVC is "kiddie" enough for them. however i don't reallyknow the names of any good 3D animators or animated companies however i do know Squaresoft has good 3D artists and have dabbled a bit into the furry setting, allthough its mostly catgirls and bunny-eared ladies. however getting them to help might be complicated Rolling Eyes

now if you are lookingfor just animated then the guys that did TITAN A.E might be better.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try the guy who did Kaze the Ghost Warrior

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...the first piece of music for AVC has been posted. I do hope there will be more. Fox is a singularly talented artist!!
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one thing I can say about the track itself.

Oh....my...Gods! Shocked That is..amaizing!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: