Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wedding Tips from Guys who've Been There
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ever going to tie the knot?
If I find the right person, sure.
86%
 86%  [ 20 ]
No way! I like my freedom!
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharc_Vulpus wrote:
14... well would be 14 if Gilda and I were still together...c

ANYWAY! biggest tip I can hand you all is listen. Shut up and listen. We need to talk does not me we need to talk it means I need to talk to you, and you need to listen.

That can be percieved as a threat by the other, Sharc...

It can not be 'Peace on my own terms", it has to be 'Peace on our shared terms'.

The smallests misunderstandings can turn to the biggest problems if you do not take care of them in time. Though you both share each other lives, you have to understand that they are separate lives, lives with their own differences and needs. I'm not advocating to cheat on your partner, but one has to understand that you have your frinds and she has hers- even if they are members of the opposite sex.

Money is another major source of issues and problems. The money created by one of the couple alone is for the couple as a whole. Money created by both members of the couple is shared equally to pay bills and living expenses. What's left is for what ever is agreed upon. If you say that the remaining left over of the check is yours, you might be suprized if she agrees, but dont be. You must be willing to give if you are so willing to take.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:

That can be percieved as a threat by the other, Sharc...

It can not be 'Peace on my own terms", it has to be 'Peace on our shared terms'.

Aye, Elfen. That's one heck of a thing everyone needs to remember.

And speaking of saying the wrong thing, here's the top ten things NOT to say to your special someone on the big day:

10. "That reminds me of what happened at the bachelor part- ... uhm, nevermind."

9. "Are you leaving your hair like that?"

8. "I thought white was for virgins."

7. "Can you say the 'promise to obey' part really loud so that my buddies and ex can hear?"

6. "Remember that little blood test thingy I had?"

5. "Oh, like you didn't know I was an alcoholic."

4. "Promise me you won't let yourself get ugly like your mom."

3. "Wait, you're not getting high before the wedding?"

2. "I don't know if I can make it to the ceremony, but I *promise* I'll meet you at the reception."

1. "The wedding's today? Are you sure?"

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three cheers for you Mike (& Crystal too). Such wisdom is not gained from reading a book but from experience and observation of others.

Posts like this makes me think about "What if..." my significant other was not killed 6 months after the wedding; would we be together today- some 22 years later. I have to say yes; Yes on the basis that our marriage was the continuation of a long 5 year relationship and a 1 and 1/2 year separation before, and yet, I tried my damnest to put her as my first priority, as she did with me.

My enagement to her when we reconnected, some would call premature, but for me the time could not be better: only a short 15 days. And I was stupid to tell her the following, "...I cant promise you that everything would be alright, or that we would have our own place, we might have to live in a cave in Central Park, but for you, I promise that I would keep you happy no matter how bad things might get... only if you would become my wife... [name withhelded], would you marry me?"

We had problems that we worked out. We thank our friends who helped out for being there for us. But we had each other and that was important. Our time together was rough, but if we survived that much, we would have survived anything, as long as we worked together to dealing with problems, even when such problems were within us.

Guys, you have to remember this- dont ever force anything in a relationship. No means no, even when it is something minor like going to a baseball/football game with pals. If something is bothering her, find out what it is and deal with it. The worse hing that you can do is to try to let things slide into the next day and end up going to bed with somebody angry and/or upset with you.

Girls- Pope Paul said it best in the 70's... "The worst (sin) a woman can do is not to be there for her huband when he wants her, except to be there when he doesn't..."

Many has taken it as a sexual content, but in truth, its more and definately beyond "sex". The second part- 'To be there when he doesn't...' applies to nagging. No man like to be nagged, as I'm sure neither does any woman. Once a man is defeated- leave it be. Nobody likes a sore loser, but sore winners are worst. if the guy did something wrong, then he did wrong... we're human, and as dumb as it sounds, we do make mistakes. We lose money, time, power, battles, jobs. We might be slobs. We could have problems that we dont want others to know (even to our own wife). But a simple, "honey, we need to talk..." goes a lot longer than days of "YAK! YAK! YAK! YAK!.... And By The Way, Real Men Dont... Yak Yak Yak!!!"

The first part, "The worst (sin) a woman can do is not to be there for her huband when he wants her..." is also not in the sexual content... as many would take it. Just as much as women complain about how unaffectionate we men can be, you ladies can be just as uncaring as you make us put to be. A simple thanks or I Love You, an unexpectant hug during the day, its those tiny things that makes us men feel better about our selves, and when we feel better about ourselves, we return it in full.

Marriage is not ownership of one another. I've heard many times a spouse yell at another "you're mine....!!!", only to see that relationship sink faster than the Titanic hitting the iceberg or the Britantica getting the 2 german torpedoes in WW1. Marriage is a sharing of life and everything involved with that life of two people.

And in life, Bad things happen, but so does many Good things. In sharing the good with the bad, can be no greater reward, especially when it is with somebody who would share those times with you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: