Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What console do you plan on getting?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Console?
Revolution
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
XBox 360
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Playstation 3
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Probably will settle for a Nintendo DS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Probably will get a PSP instead a new console
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Undecided/Will wait a while
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

Melina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: What console do you plan on getting? Reply with quote

Heh.. just wondering. I'm hoping on getting the Revolution myself.
Folkert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the Playstation3 as I am going to get it as soon as it releases. However I know myself and I will purchase the XBOX first as it comes out earlier.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already got a DS so that one is out for me. THe PSP has no games that really interest me at the moment so I will wait with it.

Regarding the next-gen consoles, for me it comes down to the games. I will get the one that has the most games I want. Usually the means that Nitendo consoles are out since I only want the Metroid games. Anyway, since I have an X-Box I voted for the X-Box 360 but I highly doubt that i will get it when it gets out, unless it has some REALLY great games at its launch.

Melina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playstation 3 may be a bad choice. They have begun to focus more on the gaming market instead of the systems. The Revolution, however, has everything Playstation 3 can offer (within the system itself) and more. Nintendo is in good terms with Square-Enix and it's hard for old friends to keep their differences, especially when they are this good with each other. I have high hopes for the Revolution and it's game downloading capabilities. Buying a Revolution is like buying every main stream NES, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64 game along with a new console, for maybe less than 225 dollars. Tell me, why do you think the XBox 360 or the Playstation 3 has more benefits?
Solis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a "none of the above" option... I'm personally not planning on ever getting a console... My PC is more than enough for my gaming needs... plus it's upgradeable!
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still on my Commodore and Atari Games... Sheesh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
shroom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also in the 'prefer PCs' camp. A very few console only titles have interested me. I'd love Halo for PC, because I dispise joysticks as an FPS interface, mainly because they are relative instead of absolute positioning. If I were to get one, the revolution would tempt me because of the downloadable classic games. They really were fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
francesis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll eventually get both the Revolution and 360 in that order.
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melina wrote:
Playstation 3 may be a bad choice. They have begun to focus more on the gaming market instead of the systems. The Revolution, however, has everything Playstation 3 can offer (within the system itself) and more. Nintendo is in good terms with Square-Enix and it's hard for old friends to keep their differences, especially when they are this good with each other. I have high hopes for the Revolution and it's game downloading capabilities. Buying a Revolution is like buying every main stream NES, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64 game along with a new console, for maybe less than 225 dollars. Tell me, why do you think the XBox 360 or the Playstation 3 has more benefits?

Experience. Many, many people (with me among them) still have not forgiven Nintendo for the N64 and the Gamecube had many problems too. They have given Nintendo the reputation to build sub-standart consoles. The Game Boy Advance was less than it could have been too.

I hope for their own good Nintendo has realized that they don't own the video game marked anymore and will put out a truly good conside.

Anyway, as I said, for me it comes down to the games and I don't like most of the kiddy games the Nintendo is putting out. That's why I tend to go for the other consoles.

Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Melina wrote:

Experience. Many, many people (with me among them) still have not forgiven Nintendo for the N64 and the Gamecube had many problems too. They have given Nintendo the reputation to build sub-standart consoles. The Game Boy Advance was less than it could have been too.

I hope for their own good Nintendo has realized that they don't own the video game marked anymore and will put out a truly good conside.

Anyway, as I said, for me it comes down to the games and I don't like most of the kiddy games the Nintendo is putting out. That's why I tend to go for the other consoles.

Aw... but I liked the N64; had some really good games (Star Fox 64, Rogue Squadron, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, etc.) Smile

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joshua Fox wrote:
Aw... but I liked the N64; had some really good games (Star Fox 64, Rogue Squadron, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, etc.) Smile

One word: cartridges.

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A but cartridges have their advantages as well, on some games built in memory, no memory cards that get lost or stepped on. Pluss in my experiance not as easily damaged as games on compact disk.
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nice things about cartridges is that they load almost instantly.
(They're also more difficult to pirate as SEGA, SONY and M$ have learned to their chagrin)

The downside, though, is that they usually have more limited space than a CD, and definitely does not allow for swapping in mid-game.

Anyway, I voted for the Revolution, and not only because I have every nintendo machine ever made(except the VR-boy, which is impossible to get, and the SP, which I don't want), but also because, unlike the competition, it's a GAME machine, and doesn't have delusions of grandeur like the PS-3 or the Xcrate 359.
(I already have a GOOD DVD-player and a VERY good Amp)

Now, if only the new Metroid game for the DS could come soon, so that I would have a decent game to play on it...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft must really have done something horrible to you, Anthony that you can't even spell their name or the name of their product properly anymore. Any why do I never hear anything from you about the tyrannic things Nintendo has done in the late 80s and early 90s when they dominated the video game market like Microsoft does with the PC market now?

Cartridges are also MUCH more expensive to produce for the game developers and do you honestly think the Playstation would have sold so well if you wouldn't have been able to copy its games?

Not to mentions that cartridge games are not as save as most people think. Game Boy Advance games are easily pirated for example.

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the current gen, I was really gung ho about the consoles and I bought a PS2 and a Gamecube on the days they were released, respectively. I got an Xbox a bit later, but eventually I had all three. Since then I've realized that the only thing that really got me were a bunch of not-really-that-good launch titles, I still had to wait a year before the really good games started coming out for them.

So I'll probably get all three next gen consoles too, but this time I doubt I'll be in such a hurry to get them. I'm really looking forward to more Zelda and Metroid on the Revolution, more GTA, Gran Turismo, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank etc. on the PS3 and hopefully some good stuff on the Xbox 360 too.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: