Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Public Displays of Furrydom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you had em, would you publically wear a furry tail/ears?
What, I'm supposed to take this thing off??
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Yea, I wear it publically, but not 24/7
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
No! I dont like public reaction to me, I'd rather blend in!
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Hard to say really...
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 29

Leonato

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Public Displays of Furrydom Reply with quote

Nitch wrote:
Leonato wrote:
...There is that 2% or so though, who aproach and ask 'whats with the tails?'....

How do you go about answering that question? I haven't yet gotten a tail, but it is in the works, and I've thought about how to answer that if I'm going to be in public with it on and the first thing I thought of answering would be "oh, do you like it?" to put the ball into their court, so to speak... after that may have to explain furry very briefly. How do you go about handing the conversation if you've had to answer that question??

We usually answer it with "Personal expression. In part the belief that we all, in personality and reactions, can be similar to animals. That we might share some behavior with them." Then go on to state that I'm a cat, why, how I'm a cat, etc, or my foxy, and how she is a fox (mischevious, playfull, shy, etc). The common reaction to that is "Cool", with a few every now and then asking "What do you think I'd be?" to which I always answer, "I dont know you well enough to tell!".

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

Nitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see...

Another response I thought of was to pick some article of clothing or jewelry they have on and say something like "I dunno, what's with the hat?"

PrincessB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might put them on the defence and give a negative image of furries. What I usually tell people who ask about furry stuff is "I think that most human qualities are like qualities of various animals, such as your dog is known for loyalty, etc. I am the single most curious person I know, I can not stand not knowing something, and curiosity is known as a cat quality plus I have various other habits and qualities like a cat would. Also I have always loved tigers and feel very relaxed and comfortable around them. I just really like animals of most all types."

You can say, To me wearing a tail is like an accesory such as a ball cap or a necklace, just something that I enjoy wearing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have no opinion one way or the other... After all, I'm the guy who went to class dressed as a cell phone (carboard box, much ducting tape, and some creativity... some assembly required).

Yeah, if I saw someone else with a tail/ears/both, I'd think it odd, but not much more. I've seen/heard much weirder stuff. A three-foot-tall blue mohawk beats out fuzzy ears any day for strangeness. Heck, I get strange enough looks as it is... in this day, belt knives aren't that common. With a couple of my knives, I'd probably get fewer odd looks if the blade were indeed a tail.
And don't get me started on the looks I get while wearing a gun shirt...

No, I'd not wear ears/tail/both myself. That's what the cell phone costume's for. Razz
shroom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No extras yet, but my response would be along the lines of "Why not? It's fun!" I mean, in the end, it's as much about enjoying yourself as making a statement or anything else, right?

There are the trekies who wear Spock ears, or attend the local Klingon Kareoke night in full costume (that's a real thing by the way, a local bar here does it..) There are the matrix fans who wear thier trench coats, and sun glasses. And then there are a lot of people who wear mickey mouse ears at disney land. So why not? It's a conversation starter. It's fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: