Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Public Displays of Furrydom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you had em, would you publically wear a furry tail/ears?
What, I'm supposed to take this thing off??
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Yea, I wear it publically, but not 24/7
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
No! I dont like public reaction to me, I'd rather blend in!
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Hard to say really...
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 29

Leonato

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Public Displays of Furrydom Reply with quote

I'm known to wear my tail and a collar in public with my foxy (who also wears her foxtail and collar), and have recieved mixed reactions, but mostly a genuine curiosity. Recently though, my brother told me he dont want to be seen in public with me if I have my tail on. Its his non-furry opinion that too many people 'silently' think I've flipped my lid, etc. He actually sees it as something that can destroy someones credability/reputation. Nonetheless, I still wear my tail publically, as does my foxy. And as always, we get the same reactions, some people just look, a very large percentage dont even notice. There is that 2% or so though, who aproach and ask 'whats with the tails?'. Still, I cant shake that there are those (like my brother) who have a rather strange (and very closed minded) point of view. So... I ask you, members of PF... if you had the oportunity (like owning a tail, ears, collar, etc) would you openly wear them in public?? (Im talking the mall here, restaraunts, etc).

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ, and his foxy mate,
Leonato and Journye

Mewmew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ears and a tail and stuff I made, but I don't wear them in public unless for a special event. I'm part of a Star Trek group, so I'll wear my stuff if we're doing an in-costume event, but that's it.

My Livejournal

Mew Mew's Fur Affinity
Mapper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd have a hard time even at a furry convention LOL. Still new to this outside in real life, even though I've been an anthro artist for 2 years now.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Elle Femme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would depend upon what persons / fursons I was with, or had a strong chance of running into. I really don't mind the wierd stares as long as I am with someone who understands me / it. Also, unless said tail and ears were bionically attached, I think it would be hard to keep them out of the way. I mean, think 'revolving door'...

Ah, well. Just my $0.02. ---Elle

Elle Femme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't actually have said ears or tail, but would very much like to procure a set or two...
Vee Are Are Schee
Mini-Boss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have desires to, and sometimes I gots me a collar... but I'm never one for dressing up, as I don't really need a fake tail on to feel my real one. I don't mind the looks, though, as I don't notice them. >.> I mean, I've been told people look at me, and that I act oddly in public, but I'm very, very oblivious.
Nitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Public Displays of Furrydom Reply with quote

Leonato wrote:
...There is that 2% or so though, who aproach and ask 'whats with the tails?'....

How do you go about answering that question? I haven't yet gotten a tail, but it is in the works, and I've thought about how to answer that if I'm going to be in public with it on and the first thing I thought of answering would be "oh, do you like it?" to put the ball into their court, so to speak... after that may have to explain furry very briefly. How do you go about handing the conversation if you've had to answer that question??

PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have no idea how freakin badly I wish I could afford the fake white tiger fur to make tails for me and Iron_Tiger (and ears for me, dunno if IT would want ears or not), perferably before MFM but I would wear my tail and ears out and about all the time if I had them. But then I love looking out of the ordinary and standing out from everyone else. Smile

And um Leonato, your brother is worried about someone losing credability/reputation? What about that just doesn't seem right? I knew he was not, shall we say, "making the best life choices" well before I even knew he was your brother.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look my friend. i wear a pink shirt a cravat and a red tank top....

wear a tail would only make me look cooler Wink i just dont want the squares to toally freak out over how cool i am and commite mass suiside Twisted Evil

what im trying to say if you are confortable wit what you wear (and i know you are) DO ITTTTTTTTTTT

and dont worry about perceptions even from family memebers they should be the ones that understand remember.

and if anyone asks why you are wearing a tail just smile and say "its genetic...."

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a time and a place for everything in life.

And until someone figures out how to turn me into a furry, genetically speaking, I'll stick to not having a tail in public.

It's a bit too exhibitionistic for me, but hey...whatever people do for a fancy is up to them Smile

However, I must say that I think it is also other people's right to say "Look, I am not into this whole furry-thing and I don't want to be associated with it" (sad people...sad, -sad- people that they are, but it's their right) and therefor, I can understand why some people would be unwilling to associate with public furries.

I can understand it...but I don't have to like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Superlagg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these days a furry geneticist will be able to make people with fur and a tail. Then you wont have a choice!
JediFur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mewmew wrote:
I have ears and a tail and stuff I made, but I don't wear them in public unless for a special event. I'm part of a Star Trek group, so I'll wear my stuff if we're doing an in-costume event, but that's it.

Trek group?

*ears perk up*

PM me, I'd like to chat...

-JediFur

Did you Know?
Henry Reidel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wearing a collar now for almost two years now 24/7. I don"t have ears or tail, but if I did I would wear them in public at some functions. As a security officer the collar hasn"t been questioned yet, but tails and ears would get me fired on the spot.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a tail but I don't wear it in public. I did so while I was staying at Leo's place last year but back home I can't because my mom won't let me. She thinks its silly.
Katra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably just special occasions.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: