Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trapped Cat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

HI there Tygon , thanks to Mike Regan , he fired me the first 2 chapters of Trapped cat.

I had chapter 3, but could not download the
first 2, I greatly enjoyed it on the flight
back to Saudi today.

I thought it reads like a fur version of Blade Runner, with Cattrap as the skin job.

Yes! Im going to have to read this one to see where it goes, I also need to hit the rest of the stories on Cateagle's site , and Maxx's as well ........

Trying to be safe here in the Middle East
From the Saudi Desert TVDAVE Reporting
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 2:59 pm    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

Hello Dave. I'm glad you like the story. It's not getting much response so it's nice to know that there are more people out there who like it.

So, it reminds you of Blade Runner? Well, could be. I only know that movie distantly. I *have* seen it, but that was a few years ago and sometime after the second hour I started dozing away so if you'd ask me now what it is about I could only say "Something with androids."
beau_wolff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tygon:
So, it reminds you of Blade Runner? Well, could be. I only know that movie distantly. I *have* seen it, but that was a few years ago and sometime after the second hour I started dozing away so if you'd ask me now what it is about I could only say "Something with androids."

<G>

In my opinion (and hush up, Khan, I know it's not a 'humble' opinion), Philip K. Dick's original book was better.

It's not surprising that you're not remembering the movie very well: very few of the people who saw it only once or twice remember it all, other than as another Harrison Ford vehicle.

Ridley Scott's film rolled Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep into a much-edited storyline (throwing away both the title, and the sheep) and then acquired Blade Runner: A Movie (a decent work in its own right, written by William S. Burroughs (which, in its own right, was based on The Bladerunner by Alan E. Nourse)) and threw away everything *but* the title in order to make the movie.

<sigh>

So much lost, so little gained.

Oh, and yes, the movie was about androids and their eventual ... possible ... self-knowledge and redemption.

~ Beau (who knows way too much about way too many books, and who owns copies of both Nourse's and Burroughs' books)
Blue Eyed Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

Tygon, I'd love to read "Trapped Cat", but can't find it. Could you please let me know where I can go to read it? Thanks.
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

It's on Mike's Bookshelf, in the "Cateagle's World" annex. You could also find it by going to Mike's "card catalogue" and searching by author - Tygon, of course.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:36 am    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

Yeah, what Galadrion said. It's a Bookshelf Exclusive story.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pflarrian:
Hey, Tygon? What was that you said about wondering if there was interest in TC?

I take back everything I said and claim the opposite
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

LOL

TVDAVE

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Trapped Cat Reply with quote

Hey, Tygon? What was that you said about wondering if there was interest in TC?
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: The next chapter Reply with quote

Okay, I've decided to concentrate on chapter 4 of Trapped Cat now. I hope to get it written and edited in time to take it with me to AC to paw it to Mike.

Until then, I have a question to those who have read it. Chapter 3 was quite a cliffhanger (I at least hope so). So, what do you think happened that shocked Cherry and her mother so much?

Bearion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The next chapter Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Until then, I have a question to those who have read it. Chapter 3 was quite a cliffhanger (I at least hope so). So, what do you think happened that shocked Cherry and her mother so much?

I hazard to guess that she is at least partially invisible. They can see her outline, but little detail.

Am I close? Do I get a prize? Wink

(Reading Chapter 4 would qualify as the prize!)

Bearion

Last edited by Bearion on Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I had completly forgotten about this topic Smile

Well, any other ideas?

Bearion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The next chapter Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:
...she is at least partially invisible. They can see her outline, but little detail.

Tygon wrote:
Well, any other ideas?

2nd try. Hmmm. Something that would cause awe, even fear in the mother and daughter. How about:

She changed into a cute female skunk wearing glasses! Naaaah. Been done.

Perhaps she is in a restorative state while her body heals itself. This may be look like she is glowing or possibly even indistinct when one looks at her.

Bearion (who should shut up for a while)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The next chapter Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:

Perhaps she is in a restorative state while her body heals itself. This may be look like she is glowing or possibly even indistinct when one looks at her.

Thee Old Bioluminesence Trick....?!!Mr. Green
I've seen mushrooms and turned over decaying logs do it, and if you didn't know what was causing it, it would be down right spooky...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a nono to revive long dead topics but this is the only one about Trapped Cat I could find. All the others seem to have gone into Oblivion during the Surge.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I'm back in track with Trapped Cat. Who knows, maybe I'll even have chapter 4 ready for editing by the weekend. Wish me luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: