Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum rules - mandatory read.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Forum rules - mandatory read. Reply with quote

Much as I hate to do this, I'm going to have to set down some simple rules for this forum.

1: Respect each other. I don't want to see personal attacks going on here, any more than anywhere else. This is no different than PF's politics in general.

2: Respect each other's rights to different opinions. This ties closely to number one, above. We don't all believe the same things in life. Politically, religiously and socially, we're all different creatures and we come from different backgrounds. And since we live in a free world, we are entitled to these differences. There will be no bickering about people's convictions or opinions here.

3: Discussing religion is a special case. There is no topic in the world as explosive as this. Not even American presidential elections have the potential to get as ugly and as personal as exchanges in opinion regarding religion. You can debate this...civilly...but I absolutely insist that people remember that we all have a right to our opinions. Whether you like my opinions on matters of faith or not, it is my Godsgiven right to have them. The same goes for everyone else. I reserve the right to tell anyone who's opinion I find grossly offensive to take it elsewhere, however. This is my forum, first and foremost, but I will do my damnedest to be fair about this. Religious intolerance, however, will get you only one thing though, and that is a polite but firm nudge out the door. I don't want to see that here in any way, shape or form. Period.

There may be more later if necessary. If anyone has a bright idea or a good suggestion then by all means PM me with it. I'd like suggestions. I do not like the fact that I have to make these rules but it's become a necessity.

Thank you all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: