Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watchingstone Writing Contests
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nadan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Watchingstone Writing Contests Reply with quote

We're back! Hey all you writers, the WatchingStone AnthroStory writing contest is up and running for the Summer '05 season. You can win the Black Pearl award. This is a contest for furry writers to encourage creativity. Entries are not due until Aug 31. The theme? Well, check out the contest page.

And while you're at it, check out the winner of the Spring '05 contest.

There's also a new sample story for the Summer session entitled "Remember". Come, read, enjoy, write, WIN!

Watchingstone.com - Contest page

"Cats are mysterious beings... symbols of evil, gods of the Pharoahs. You never know if they love you or if they condescend to occupy your house. This mystery is what makes them the most attractive beast." - Paul Moore, 1978

Last edited by Nadan on Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I tried clicking on the sample story "Remember" and it wouldn't take me anywhere..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<bows> Thank you very much, Mike. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rozy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id love to enter but i dont know what the new theme is????

btw congrats princessb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rozy wrote:
id love to enter but i dont know what the new theme is????

btw congrats princessb

Summer theme: OCEANS / BEACHES

And thank you Smile

Osfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking forward to the summer contest ever since I found out about the spring contest mere days after its closing deadline. Consequently I thought I'd get a headstart -- Nadan, I sent you my first submission. If you find any fault with it (it's a little longer than strictly allowed) please let me know and I'll whip up something else.
Nadan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the funny part. I was going to increase the maximum words to 3500, but I was afraid that would scare folks into thinking that by writing a shorter piece they would have no chance. If the folks here don't mind, I'll increase the max word limit to 3500, which would allow your story to enter, Osfer.

"Cats are mysterious beings... symbols of evil, gods of the Pharoahs. You never know if they love you or if they condescend to occupy your house. This mystery is what makes them the most attractive beast." - Paul Moore, 1978
Osfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be wonderful, Anthony.
Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pouts* But I cant write short stories! I couldnt even in High School. My 10 page short turned out to be 65 pages and it was cut short then because the teacher insisted!
Nadan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava Purr-Fox wrote:
*pouts* But I cant write short stories! I couldnt even in High School. My 10 page short turned out to be 65 pages and it was cut short then because the teacher insisted!

Then write a series, write it in chapters, and submit one chapter =^_^= Or, do a character exploration. One of my best stories is a short little thing called "Hug", which is nothing more than an early exploration of character driven storyline.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where you come from, Ray. Once I tried to write a simple 5 page story that story-commission page that I never put up. I finished the story but it ended up being 39 pages long Razz

In any case, since I am with proper writing equipment again I am definitely gonna give this one a try. I still haven't come up with a good idea for a story, but I will submit something.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless theres a rule against me entering that I don't know of then I'm working on a story that I will enter, It just came to a screaching halt yesterday cuz I didn't have internet access and I do a lot of researching for my stories! Smile
Nadan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB wrote:
Unless theres a rule against me entering that I don't know of then I'm working on a story that I will enter

No such rule bars you from entry, Amber. Have at it Smile

PrincessB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ight kewl, just wanted to make sure there wasnt a thing of previous winners having to skip a contest or something.
Nadan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Hello again everyone. Just a quick update:

I have decided to allow for slightly longer stories to be entered begining this season. The story word limit has been increased from 1000-3000 words up to 1000-3500 words.

Also, the contest page did not state the story entry due date. That has been included on the contest page now as August 31.

Lastly, some have had problems accessing the sample story I wrote. I have included a link here for your convenience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Contests All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: