Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watchingstone Writing Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nadan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: The Move Reply with quote

If you have not yet noticed, the WatchingStone writing contest has been moved to the 'Contests' section of PlanetFurry. Now this makes sense. I did not put it there in the first place because I wasn't sure what kind of viewership the thread would get, but now that everyone knows what it is I hope there will be no problems.

I have already received several entries, and two authors are already telling me they're almost done. Any more takers out there? I'm still taking stories that arrive in my mailbox August 31, so hop to it =^_^=

See you on the other side.

"Cats are mysterious beings... symbols of evil, gods of the Pharoahs. You never know if they love you or if they condescend to occupy your house. This mystery is what makes them the most attractive beast." - Paul Moore, 1978
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, moved this thread too! Cool beans.

I've got my second draft done. Just letting it ferment awhile before I release it.

If someone neads web space, perhaps Anthrofiction or Anthro Archives could help. I'm not sure how speedily they would post your story though. Maybe an e-mail a few days in advance to alert the webmaster would help.

Personally, I have jiggabytes of web server space. I can translate Word to PDF and HTML (or PHP). However, I'd rather not host something much past the end of the contest. I will be available up until the last possible moment for translation and hosting (give me at least an hour, please). I do respect intelectual property, but keep in mind I am a competitor in this contest.

Scotty

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike:

What version of PDF document are you targeting with Acrobat Distiller? (That is the file format version.) I've targeted version 5, but a friend could not open it in her web browser, but could open an older PDF file (so it wasn't her browser setting). I'd thought maybe it was the PDF file format version.

Ever run into this issue?

Scotty

Nadan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Deadline Approaches Reply with quote

Welcome to August 31, everyone. This is the final day for entries to the WatchingStone AnthroStory Contest summer '05 contest. The deadline for story entries will be handled in the same way it was last season. All applications to enter my mailbox with a date-stamp of August 31 will be considered on time. I will check my email again at some random time (read as 'when I feel like it') on September 1. Applications received before that final check on September 1 will also be considered on time. Please don't count on getting your application in on Sept. 1, because I sometimes check my email in the morning (PST.)

From what I hear, there is at least one story out there that has been written but for which no application has been received. Also, I've received one incomplete application (Dr. Kay) and need to get the rest of it if I could, please.

A new post either tomorrow or Friday will explain the judging process and how you can get involved. Stay tuned!

"Cats are mysterious beings... symbols of evil, gods of the Pharoahs. You never know if they love you or if they condescend to occupy your house. This mystery is what makes them the most attractive beast." - Paul Moore, 1978
Nadan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlefurs of the jury, what you are about to read comes directly from the mind of the witnesses- er, I mean authors. Now it's your turn. Read, ponder, and… Judge!

That's right, all entries have been received and we have a good showing, nine stories from eight authors. The process for selecting a winner this season is different from last season's 'pick your favorite'. This season you are being asked to rate a story on three categories after you have read the work. Please feel free to rate each story you read, as this will help us get a better idea of who you liked and why. You can even write comments to the author that I will send anonymously to the author, if they elect to receive them.

What are you looking for in the stories? Where are the stories? Where are the ballots? Well, my dears, it's all right HERE.
(www.watchingstone.com/vote.html)

((Authors, you can also take part in the judging. So have at it!))
Edit:
If there is any problem with the link above, or the links on the ballot page, please let me know and I will make the appropriate changes. Everything seemed to work from my computer, but I can't test every system or program.

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooo haaa!!

I see Oscar Rat managed to slip two stories in. He's a fellow CCer. I told him about the contest only a week ago. He said he had a bunch of stories already written. He's RodentOne on CC.

At least I think this Oscar Rat is the same Oscar Rat at CC. They both sign their work.

Now to read...

Scotty

rodentone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: twp Reply with quote

What? Two of me?

You couldn't take it, buddy.

"gigglesnort" "burp"

He, he.

THE Oscar Rat, the only famous rat writer on the Web. Millions of tails sway when they hear my name. The name that launched a thousand ships, and sunk seven. The. . . , wait a minute. That was Helen Ratinsky.

See my Ezboard forum at :
http://p076.ezboard.com/fcognitivechaosfrm23
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nadan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: MY Mistake Reply with quote

Hello Everyone. I just had it brought to my attention that one story was missing from the judging page. That story, "From the Sea, the Ghosts" by Alex Vance, has now been included. Everyone who has perviously voted has been contacted so that they can note this other story that I had neglected to include. I'm bringing it to your attention in case this story might not catch your attention.
Judging Page

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude:

Your new link makes a perfect circle.

Scotty

rodentone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: curceul Reply with quote

It ain't a perfect circle. It goes to the wrong place is all, and there's a dent in the lower left corner so it can't be a perfect circle.

Oscar (The Mathematical) Rat

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nadan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lebigfatsigh*

Okay, fixed now.

Nadan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: *****Update***** Reply with quote

*****Update*****

WatchingStone is still open to incoming ballots, so please, keep them coming. There has been a good response so far, and it's not over. Some folks have only sent in ballots for one or two stories. Thanks for participating. Just to be clear however, you can enter a ballot on all the stories. Let us know what you think about all of them. Gladly, most who have engaged in the judging have sent in ballots for all stories.

Several ballots have come in without even a name, so I can't send a confirmation. These ballots are void, just like I said they would be at the begining of this portion of the contest. If you have sent in a ballot and have not received a confirmation notice, please feel free to drop me a note and I'll check to make sure I have it.

Lastly, The Deadline! Yes, the deadline, the last day of September, 05, is approaching fast. If you have been procrastinating now is the time to send in your ballots.

PS - a message to you authors. I'm advertising your stories everywhere I know. If you have regular haunts, newsgroups, mail-lists, etc whom you think would enjoy your work, why don't you send them to the ballot page so they can show you their support?

www.watchingstone.com/vote.html

Nadan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are on the final stretch, Ladies and Gentlefurs. The summer season of the WatchingStone AnthroStory Contest ends with the end of September. That means the last day to get your votes in is September 30. There has been more participation in the judging this season than last, but we cannot rest on our laurels.

Don't you want your voice heard? You've got two days left! If you've sent in only a few ballots so far, it's time to get the rest of them in! Help shape furry fiction. Let authors know what you want to read.

See you in a few days.

http://www.watchingstone.com/vote.html

rodentone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: rats! Reply with quote

Me, Me, Me. Come on you furries, and human types. Vote for me, or at least vote for someone. Us guys gotta show the humans we can read.

Oscar Rat

Asalis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um I voted for one of the stories but accidentally hit the vote button before I entered my name and e-mail addres. Does your site log IP addresses and disalow them from double voting?. If so then how would I go about alerting you that that's my vote?

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Contests All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: