Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General News
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: General News Reply with quote

I'm opening this topic by mentioning that my wife and I have done it again - the Cat Rescuers strike again!

We've had cats in our yard for a while - and a Momcat decided that our yard was a safe place for her to have her kitten. We got them used to us, to the point where the kitten would yowl at us for food. We'd get home from work, and up he'd run, complaining about the service in this joint. We reached a point where he'd let us touch him, so we scooped him up and took him indoors, where we segregated him from our other cats. We caught Momcat the next day with a can of tuna and a Hav-a-Heart trap. Well, we took 'em to the vet yesterday morning to get Momcat spayed. There were worries about whether or not they might have FIV or Feline Leukemia - and I can't really handle hospice care for cats - those who remember me posting about Bastet's Promise might remember how badly off I was for a while.

Well, good news - they're both negative on both diseases! Momcat's a little tender right now (and will have to get used to the name we're giving her as of today: Honey), and baby (still unnamed right now) still gives us the cutest little hiss when we pet him. He purrs while we're doing it, but he hisses too.

Now we get the fun of socializing two feral cats - baby will he easy, since he's maybe 12 weeks old. Honey's gonna be a little harder, but I think it'll work. Take a few months, maybe, but we'll manage.

Kinsfire

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMMIT!!!! I want to have a cat and he gets them!

UNFAIR!!!!! Wink

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my wife figures that it connects to the newest figurine on our Bast altar - a mother and kitten statue...shortly after it was placed on the altar, they showed up...

Kinsfire

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaaah! Creepy!
Rava

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre just still upset because Josh beat you to Susan Wink
Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, Tygon, if you're planning on leaving Germany soon, especially if you're planning on moving to either the UK or the USA, hold off on getting a cat until after the move. Quarentine in both nations is a fairly lengthy thing (12 weeks, I think), and that's pretty rough on a cat. Some have been known to starve themselves, and none of them like it.

<Grin> The good new, if you move to the US, is that cats are easy to get. Most cities -- shoot, most large towns -- have some sort of animal shelter and are almost pathetically grateful if you offer to adopt a cat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our fourth cat (Raven) was a rescue from a shelter. (We're becoming the crazy cat people of Roselle, NJ...six (6) cats...what are we thinking? Laughing )

Most shelters worth anything love to find good homes for their charges - they tend to fall in love with them themselves, but know they can't take 'em home for one reason or another. We keep running into people who work at the shelter, and they're always asking how Raven is doing.

Kinsfire

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava wrote:
Youre just still upset because Josh beat you to Susan Wink

Well, yes it indeed upset me a bit (for all who wonder what the heck Ray is talking about, I'll expain it soon) but I got a wonderful replacement Smile

Galadrion wrote:
Seriously, Tygon, if you're planning on leaving Germany soon, especially if you're planning on moving to either the UK or the USA, hold off on getting a cat until after the move. Quarentine in both nations is a fairly lengthy thing (12 weeks, I think), and that's pretty rough on a cat. Some have been known to starve themselves, and none of them like it.

<Grin> The good new, if you move to the US, is that cats are easy to get. Most cities -- shoot, most large towns -- have some sort of animal shelter and are almost pathetically grateful if you offer to adopt a cat.

Good point, Galadrion. Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't thought about that. [/quote]

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogart! That guy was short, which was funny cause in one movy he had to stand a crate the whole time.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLEY SHADES OF DASHELL HAMMETT!!!!!!

GOOD STUFF!!!

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update on the writing as of right now. I'm working on:

-------------
The Trixie Belden AnthroCon mystery

In the Storm's Wake chapter 10, which starts Book II

A story for the Adult Bookshelf (after it returns), wherein Panshera calls due the bargain...(Gold Digger again)

And I'm reworking All In A Day's work (again) - in tidying up the plot, I realized that major parts will need rewriting. Feh.
--------------

Serina's on the back burner for now. After I tighten up the prologue, I'll be posting it.

Hopefully, this is all stuff worth looking forward to...Laughing

Rava

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn my reply didnt post. I had said go ahead and use me if you like. Smile
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, not a problem.

I look back on that last post, and confused myself. Let's try it again.

==========

Serina's on the back burner for now. As for the Trixie Belden story, as soon as I finish tightening up the prologue, I'll post it.

==========

That's better. That actually says what I wanted it to. Laughing

Chris Regan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
Well, my wife figures that it connects to the newest figurine on our Bast altar - a mother and kitten statue...shortly after it was placed on the altar, they showed up...

Kinsfire

That is the way it goes . Bast will giude cat to thoughts that have simpathy for them. Wink

Poor cats have gone though all lot over the years.

I have a question Kinsfire did you get my Planetfurry e-mail I sent to you about the Hand fasting?

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a little while since I last posted here.

Just going to mention a handful of things, scattershot-like:

I'm almost finished with Chapter 6 of the AnthroCon Mystery. Some stuff needed reworking. (Gotta watch what I'm typing - I almost set myself up for questions on what "qorking" was, and how you do it again...)

You'll also note that Wings is no longer available on either the Raccoon's Bookshelf or on my site. This is because I have submitted it for publication with a magazine. Right now, I'm waiting for the reply from them - if they turn it down, then I submit it elsewhere. Keep your fingers/toes/claws/nostrils/whatevers crossed on this. If it's accepted, then I will have actually sold my first piece of fiction!

Things may be looking up for me on the server/static IP front - explanations later, but suffice it to say that Ghoti had an excellent idea...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: