Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 2 HP: WOC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Chapter 2 HP: WOC Reply with quote

This is my faverite chapter because it has Sirius in it Smile

Harry Potter and the Winds of Change
(Year Six Fan-Fic)

Disclaimer: This is a non profit fan-fiction piece. No money is being made from it.
Harry Potter, names, characters and related indicia are © and tm Warner Brothers 2000 +.
Any quotes from the Canon books are © Joanne K. Rowling 1997 +.
Special note that some of my non-canon facts come from “Acceptance of Fate” with permission from Jami.
Some other ideas such as the Potter and Black Family Vaults come from other Fan-fics like
“Power of Time” and the rest are Canon Facts by JKR herself.
So far I own my plot with tips from “J.K.R.’s World Book Day Interview.”
This is my guess/hope for the 6th book. And not I didn’t know the title when I wrote this chapter.
Well the Circle of Lords idea is my brother’s and mine! Feel free to use it Wink

Chapter 2 – Werewolves, Dementors and a Final Farewell

As luck would have it Aunt Petunia hadn’t forgotten about Harry’s behavior that morning. In fact she had been waiting for him in the living room when he returned only a few hours later. Her list of chores for the day was short but dreadful.

It had taken him nearly four hours to clean out the garage. The clutter had mostly been Dudley’s old broken toys, that’d ended up thrown in the middle of the floor during his Aunt Petunia’s spring cleaning and forgotten. He’d placed them in garbage bags for the trash and sorted out what was left, like Dudley’s old bike and put them into their proper places. He at least felt better knowing Dudley wasn’t around while he did it. His aunt and cousin had left right after she had set his task for a doctor’s visit, they had returned only a few minutes before he’d finished.

Exhausted and hungry Harry walked quietly back into the kitchen and made himself a quick cheese and roast beef sandwich with a glass of milk before slipping upstairs. Looking towards the stairs Harry backed into his room and closed the door quietly. He was startled when he turned to find Dudley sitting on his bed watching him carefully as if Harry was a dangerous animal he needed to be wary of.

Harry narrowed his eyes at his cousin as he walked over to his desk and placed his lunch down on it before turning to face Dudley once more. He stood there quietly wondering why on earth Dudley would enter his room. Glaring at him Harry quickly checked that his trunk was still closed and Hedwig seemed to still be sleeping with her head under her wing, meaning Dudley hadn’t tried to bother her. Seeing that everything still looked undisturbed Harry decided he’d had enough of Dudley’s silent staring contest.

“What do you want Dudley?” He growled. He didn’t care that he was suppose to be trying to get along with his cousin. After the way he’d been treated over the years he had no intention of putting any real effort into it. After all this time he knew it was a complete waste of his time and patience.

At the sound of Harry’s voice Dudley dropped his gaze down to his huge hands. Harry took notice that Dudley was nervous. That didn’t surprise him as much Dudley shooting the door a nervous look and not at Harry himself.

He wouldn’t look at Harry instead he seemed to be studying his hands intently. It was a long moment before Dudley finally said anything. When he did Harry had to strain to hear him. “Can I ask you something about those Dementiums things?” He stammered.

Harry felt his annoyance drain out of him. He slowly took the seat at his desk and turned it so he was facing Dudley. Dementors were a subject that Harry always took seriously. He was just surprised that Dudley would want to talk to him about it, but then again there really wasn’t anyone else he could talk to.

“Okay. I’ll try to answer as much as I can.” He paused as Dudley looked up quickly to Harry’s face. “They are called Dementors.” Harry told him quietly looking away from Dudley’s haunted eyes. He couldn’t help but shiver in memory of the foul, evil beasts.

Dudley seemed to nod a tiny bit but his eyes didn’t leave him. “The memories bother you too.” It seemed more like a question then a statement.

Harry nodded softly. “They are the worst creature my world has to offer, I think.” He watched as Dudley shivered and winced at the words. “It’s hard to think of anything worse.” Except Voldemort, he thought to himself. He doubted Dudley cared enough to know that.

Dudley shot a nervous glance at Harry’s arm, where the outline of his wand could be seen. “What are they? Are they nightmares or something?” He whispered.

Harry thought for a moment. As close as what Dudley had said described what the Dementors did, Harry figured Dudley deserved to know the full truth about the creatures.

Harry waved his one hand from side to side, gesturing that Dudley had it somewhat right. “Somewhat, but they are more then that… No one is really sure what they are or where they came from.” He explained quietly, still not believing he was talking to Dudley about his own world. “They are pure evil. They suck out happiness and replace it with the worst possible memory you have…” His voice trained off, Dudley’s face had seemed to glaze over while he had been talking. “That’s how they feed.”

Dudley’s face had paled somewhat before he turned his attention back to Harry. “Why didn’t I see it? You did, didn’t you?” He asked somewhat uncertain, it was obvious to Harry that he couldn’t remember the events clearly. It didn’t surprise him much. The Dementors had gone straight for Dudley. One had even tried to perform the ‘Kiss’.

Harry nodded. “Only people with Magic in their blood can see them, witches, wizards and squibs.” He explained. “Being magical in nature they have the ability to stay invisible to everyone else.”

Dudley’s face scrunched up. “And since I’m a Muglet, I couldn’t see it?” He seemed to be trying to understand the terms as well as the events.

Harry coughed to hide a smile from his face. The image of Dudley with a pig’s tail floated in front of his eyes. “Muggle.” He said. “The term is Mug-gle not Mug-let.”

Dudley looked back at Harry and scowled menacingly. “Are you laughing at me?” He growled.

Harry shook his head and his face lost all signs of amusement. “Believe me Dudley, if you want to know about Dementors, I will tell you as much as I can.” Dudley seemed to deflate a little, which was amazing considering his size.

Dudley again looked unsure of himself, again he shot a long frightened look at the closed bedroom door. “You must be wondering why I’m asking you all this.” He whispered, his voice quivering.

Harry decided to be considerate of his cousin’s feelings and made an effort to appear somewhat sympathetic to his fear. He could remember how much he hated the way Malfoy had teased him for fainting the first time he’d seen one. Dementors were still the thing Harry feared most.

He shook his head. “No, I know why.” He gave Dudley a supportive look. Harry couldn’t imagine how scared Dudley would have to be to actually ask him about the magical world.

Dudley looked confused. “You do?” He asked.

Harry nodded and looked Dudley directly in the eye. “You want to know what they are so you can fight them, same as I did the first time I encountered them.” His piercing stare seem to be holding Dudley still.

For the first time Dudley could see something behind Harry’s eyes that held power. It gave him hope. Dudley nodded. “So there is a way to fight them off. Can I get rid of them if they come around again?” He asked hopefully. His voice quivered slightly but Harry wasn’t sure if it was fear or excitement.

Harry looked down at his hands and shook his head slowly. “Not for you, Dudley. Only a witch or wizard can fight them and even then we can only run them off, not defeat them.” He explained. His voice coloured with regret. He knew Dudley had only been in danger last year because of him. For the first time he felt a little guilty about not thinking about how Dudley was cooping with the aftermath of the attack.

Dudley shook his head. “No, there must be something… anything!” He cried desperately.

Harry looked up quickly. “I’m sorry Dudley; the only thing a Muggle can do is run away from the feelings of despair. It takes very powerful magic to repel them.” He looked apologetic but Dudley didn’t seem to notice. “Most wizards can’t cast the spell I did last year and they are just as helpless as you are when they come.”

Dudley gazed towards the closed drapes blowing in the breeze, staring at them with a troubled expression for a long time. Harry couldn’t help but study Dudley’s face as a range of emotions flickered across it. Pain, fear, helplessness, they blended together. Harry knew them all. In the past week he’d seen them in the mirror too often. He wasn’t sure what to say at this point. Nothing he could say would make Dudley feel any better.

Dudley had never shown interest in speaking to him before about the magical world, none of the Dursleys had. That had always been something Harry was glad for. Last summer had changed things drastically in the household. After the attack, his Aunt had accidentally let slip that she knew quite a bit about the Magical side of Harry’s world. She even had a wizard’s contract with Dumbledore to take care of Harry and allow him to live with her. Even worse his Uncle seemed to have been unaware of it. When he had tried to throw Harry out last year the wizard contract enforced itself in the form of a Howler sent from Dumbledore to Petunia. Harry had been allowed to stay.

It seemed Vernon hadn’t forgiven Petunia for that scene even a year later. Although this year his Aunt seemed to be giving him room to do as he pleased instead of loading him down with chores. Only today had he been punished and that was for scaring Dudley which Harry figured he’d deserved to an extent but Dudley had deserved the scare far more.

The dementor attack last year had been meant for him but Dudley had been the one they’d attacked first. Being that close to a dementor would be traumatic for anyone.

“Have you talked to someone about this?” Harry finally asked him.

Dudley gave him a dirty look; his face began to grow red with anger and embarrassment. “Would I be talking to you if I could?” He growled. “It’s not like I can talk to my counselor. He’s not likely to believe me, is he?”

Harry sighed and stood up. He hadn’t known Dudley was seeing someone professionally. “Look there is nothing you can do to fight them and there is nothing I can do about them. Just forget it is all I can suggest.”

Dudley stood and glared back at Harry. “Just forget it?” He snarled. “Your freakish monster nearly killed me! It’s your fault it came here at all!”

Harry swallowed his guilt and tried very hard to stay calm. “I don’t see what your big problem here is. It’s not like you hear people you loved being killed when they come near you!” Harry snarled back at him, getting as close as he could to being nose to nose with his huge cousin. His anger was rising faster then he could control. “I hear my parents being murdered by that madman whenever they get near me!” He growled and stepped forward. ”What do you have to fear? You have been spoiled rotten your whole life, given everything you could ever want! What do you see yourself getting one less gift at your birthday? Well did you?”

Dudley’s face paled as he backed away from Harry and fell back on the bed. It gave a huge groan of protest and Harry thought he heard a few of the springs give out completely. Dudley grabbed the edge of the bed frame to stop himself from rolling even further backwards off the other side of the mattress.

“No, I don’t.” He yelled back at him. Surprising himself at his boldness but too frightened to really think about what he was doing. “Do you really want to know what I hear and see when they got close?” He whispered fiercely. Harry only stared at him while they both took deep breaths to settle their nerves and pushing their tempers back in check.

Dudley stared at the curtains hanging over the window. “I hear the screams of the rabbits that Aunt Marge used to throw in with her dogs to teach them to kill.” He told him with large unseeing eyes.

Harry looked shocked. He hadn’t known how the dogs were trained to hunt. He had thought it was just tracking the dogs were taught. It had never occurred to him that the dogs had been trained to kill. He shivered when he thought back to the times those dogs had been let loose on him.

Dudley looked up with a triumphant look. “You didn’t know that, did you? You were never there when we’d go visit her.” He paused when Harry shook his head. “You were always left with Mrs. Figg on those trips.”

Dudley took a deep breath. “Rabbits sound an awful lot like people when they scream.” Dudley’s voice sounded far away as she spoke. “Blood curling screams of horror…She just threw them in and then went back in the house as normal as can be and went to bed. She didn’t even wait to see what they did…I snuck out one night to find out what the noise was…The dogs were ripping them apart with their jaws and two would grab one and then they’d pull and rip it and shred it. The fur and the blood flying everywhere… There was this one rabbit I remember… It just exploded! The gore got all over me through the fence. Blood and other stuff on my pajamas... In my hair, on my hands…” Dudley paused and looked at his hand as if expecting to see the blood on them even now.

Harry looked on in surprise, not able to move as Dudley continued. “Then this large silver wolf jumped in the pen… I think the cries of the rabbits attracted him.” He paused and shivered violently.

If it was possible Dudley now looked even more scared then he had before. “I’m never seen a wolf so evil and dangerous or so large. Its eyes, they were bright moonlight, like they were lit from behind…It had the nastiest sharpest teeth I had ever seen… Too many teeth for its mouth… It lunged at the fence and it almost broke through it and that’s when I ran inside. I slammed the lock into place and locked the doggie door shut too. The wolf still bashed against the door a few times. It left soon after. I guess it figured it couldn’t get inside.”

Harry looked on in shock. “Did the wolf ignore the dogs but keep coming after you?” He asked astounded at how calm he managed to keep his voice.

Dudley nodded. “Yeah, and its nose was shorter and stubby compared to the wolves at the zoo.” He shivered. “I’ll never forget what it looked like. Its eyes were too… human. Too intelligent, like it knew things.”

Harry’s eyes widened. He walked over to his trunk and picked up his third year ‘Defense Against the Dark Arts’ textbook. He opened the book to the page 394, the one on Werewolves. In it was a photograph of a live werewolf behind a magical barrier pacing back and forth under the moonlight. He passed the book to Dudley. “Is that what it looked like?” He asked hesitantly. “Was there a full moon that night?”

Dudley’s eyes popped out and he dropped the book as though it had burned him. He jumped up and scurried away from the book, it landed face down, crumpling the pages. Harry picked it up and closed the book quietly.

“My God! It was a werewolf!” He cried.

Harry nodded in agreement. “There are over two hundred and fifty werewolves registered with the British Ministry, of course there are more that aren’t registered.” Harry told him. “They’re a worldwide dark creature.”

Dudley snorted with surprise. “I suppose your lot isn’t doing much to keep those evil beasts under control then.” Dudley complained with utter contempt.

Harry snorted. “Not all werewolves are wizards; quite a lot of them were Muggles.” He pointed out. “And not all Werewolves are evil either.” He retorted, instantly thinking of Remus.

Dudley just looked at Harry with disbelief. “Are the werewolves after you too?” He looked desperate to Harry frightened of the nightmare wolf just as much as he seemed to be afraid of the Dementors.

Harry shook his head quickly. “No, in fact one of my guards is a werewolf.” He gave Dudley a smirk. “I guess you could say he is my bodyguard and a very loyal friend of both mine and my parents.”

Dudley’s eyes bulged. “So your godfather was a murderer and your bodyguard is an evil werewolf?” He trembled like a leaf in a windstorm. The bed was shaking with the force of his trembles.

Harry again shook his head, angered by the accusations against both Remus and Sirius. “My Godfather,” Harry let his sadness wash over him for a moment before he continued. “My Godfather was innocent of the crimes they accused him of. They didn’t even give him a trial.” Dudley didn’t look relieved to hear it. He still was watching Harry, not believing what he was hearing. “My bodyguard was an old friend of my dad’s, he wouldn’t bite anyone. He’d defend me, yes, but he’d never bite.” Harry paused. “In fact he locks himself away during the full moon and someone else guards me then.”

Dudley’s eyes couldn’t get any wider. “Why would you need to be protected by something so dangerous? Are those things going to come back?” He asked again so afraid Harry was beginning to worry about the state of his bed when Dudley left it. The springs were snapping and if Dudley didn’t stop jerking on the bed frame every time Harry surprised him, he was worried he’d be sleeping on the floor.

“No they won’t.” Harry lied. He knew that was always that possibility since the Dementors had joined forces with Voldemort. “He’s here to make sure that no evil wizards come here. Only my friends can get within five miles of here.”

Dudley still looked more frightened then when he had started the conversation with Harry. He quietly left through the bedroom door making sure he never turned his back on Harry. “Dad’s right about you. You and your kind really are freaks.” He ran from the room and slammed the door behind him.

Harry looked at the door for a long moment before a small bubble of laughter burst from his throat. He couldn’t help but laugh a little hysterically. The wild laughter continued for a few minutes before Harry sat back and absently ate his sandwich.

As much as he wanted to disagree with Dudley’s last statement he couldn’t help but think. “If I were a muggle, I’d think we were all crazy too.” He stopped and thought of Dumbledore and Mr. Weasley. “Nah, now I know some of us are not completely with it.” He chuckled to himself.

It had been a hectic week for the Order of the Phoenix. By Remus’s request Harry had not breathed a word of the adoption to anyone. They both agreed that if the Order still looked and acted like they were going to lose the Black family assets to the next male heir, Voldemort was unlikely to know what was happening until it was too late to do anything about it.

To keep it as secret as possible, Harry was even practicing his Occlumency every night before going to sleep. Thanks to some books Remus had picked up it was a little easier to understand. At least he now knew how to ‘empty his mind’ with meditation. Harry didn’t know if it was working but he slept a little better knowing he was trying. His scar hadn’t even prickled once which he and Remus took as a good sign.

By the end of the week Harry was packed and ready to go long before the advanced guard came to get him. Remus had stopped by two days before and told him to be ready to be picked up at Noon on the Friday. He reminded Harry that is was unlikely he’d return to the Dursleys that summer. Harry had taken great delight in telling his aunt and uncle that he would be leaving when he’d come down to get his own dinner. No one had said much, his uncle hadn’t even said goodbye this morning. Not that it bothered Harry at all. The less Vernon said to him the more Harry liked it.

His Aunt Petunia had surprised him by saying goodbye that morning before leaving to take Dudley shopping. She’d even thanked him for talking to Dudley even though he seemed more irritable and distant since. She surprised him further by giving him a note for Remus. He’d been tempted to take a look at the note but she’d sealed it so he didn’t know what it said. He’d carefully packed it at the top of his trunk inside his Occlumency book.

Harry was wearing his best looking robes that still somewhat fit. Unfortunately his dress robes from forth year where several inches too short, both in height and length. The sleeves stopped an inch and a half above his wrists and the bottom hem, instead of being floor length, was a good ten inches from the floor, not to mention they were extremely tight across his shoulders. Harry had been surprised when he’s tried them on that morning just how much he’d grown in the past year and a half. Reluctantly he put on his school uniform including his only tie. He sighed figuring it wouldn’t be too important what he was wearing just as long as he was dressed for the Wizarding world. Anything that covered Dudley’s cast-off’s was an improvement in his opinion. He wished he’d been able to replace them but he never seemed to have the time out of school to go shopping. In fact Mrs. Weasley had done most of his school shopping for him since before fourth year.

The will reading was scheduled to take place in the Ministry of Magic’s court rooms at Dumbledore’s request. Mr. Weasley had agreed that one of the smaller rooms near where Harry had been tried last year were the most secure area he could arrange. Bellatrix was still on the loose and the Death Eaters would be very interested in getting their hands on the Black family assets. Legally she could file her own complaint against the will, but she had to be present at the will reading to do so. Being on the run no one thought she’d be willing to make that big of a mistake. Just in case she was out of her mind enough to try, the Auror department was on stand-by.

Harry heard the knock on the front door from his perch at the top of the stairs. Running down he kept a tight grip on his wand and opened the door staying half behind it, ready in case of trouble.

Harry was surprised to find only a woman he assumed was Tonks, because of her short pink hair, and Mad-Eye Moody at the door. “Where is everybody else?” He asked concerned. His wand tip was barely visible from under his sleeve cuff. He kept it trained on Moody. He was sure to be as paranoid as ever. Harry couldn’t blame him. He’d be paranoid too if he had lived through most of 4th year locked in his own trunk as a component source for a polyjuice potion while a Death Eater impersonated him.

Tonks laughed brightly. “We’re it. Everyone else is clearing out Headquarters in case it closes up once the will is read.” She said more somber. Harry’s face scrunched up in confusion. He hadn’t heard anything about Headquarters moving. In fact he hadn’t heard much about what the Order had been up to. Tonks noticed his expression and explained, “Magical homes will do that once ownership is challenged or changed until the newest Master takes possession of the home and contents.”

Harry still looked wary. Tonks was notorious for her clumsiness and he had yet to see any of her trademark moves. “Ok. How are we suppose to be getting there and who sent you to get me early?” He stressed the word early and figured to get as many answers as he could while they had to answer him.

Tonks noticed his nervousness and watched him carefully, Harry was known for being quick on the draw, a fact that Remus was proud to have helped cultivate. On top of that he’d lived through several encounters with the most feared wizard of the age. Having him point his wand to them while he was hesitant to believe their identities was a dangerous position to be in.

Moody was still looking around, his magical eye spinning wildly. “We were sent by Remus to get you and bring you by Portkey.” He hissed. “And we are slightly early because Tonks woke Mrs. Black four times in an hour and Molly told me to get her out of the way.” He glared at the young woman beside him.

She flushed slightly but winked at Harry. Looking down she pointed at his wand. “Wotcher Harry! Ol’ Moody here can’t blame you for being careful.” She nodded towards Moody, smiling widely.

Harry looked at them both. “How do I know you’re who you say you are?” He smirked, imitating Moody’s gruff voice.

Moody snorted. “You might think it’s funny but that is a good question.” His magical eye was spinning a little faster looking for any trace of a trap. “Good to see your learning! Constant vigilance is a virtue you know!”

Tonks chuckled. “How about you request your favorite nose?” Referring to the game she’d play with Hermoine and Ginny at dinner while they were staying at Headquarters last summer.

Harry grinned and pulled back his wand a little. “Ok, Snape!” He challenged.

Tonks gave him a dirty look before growing out the button nose she was using, into the huge, hooked beak that resembled Snape’s. Just for fun she grew her hair from short pink spikes to long greasy black strands. Harry chuckled and opened the door wide enough to allow them in.

“That was mean!” She whined when she had finished reverting her face and hair back to her normal features, they stood in the hallway looking at each other after Harry closed the door and locked it with the bolt.

Harry just laughed softly. “I didn’t ask you to mimic his hair.” He gave her a lopsided smile. “Even I’m not that cruel.” He strapped his wand in his make-shift holster on his arm.

Moody suddenly raised his own wand in front of him locking the front door with a quick spell. He spun quicker then Harry would have guessed was possible for the old Auror and pointed his wand at the kitchen door. “Hold on, something is in the backyard by the back door.”

Tonks stepped around Harry and pointed her wand in the same direction. “No one should be home right now.” He whispered to Tonks, making sure she knew no one should be in the way if a fight broke out. “Aunt Petunia and Dudley went shopping and Vernon’s at work.”

Tonks nodded and waited while Moody worked his way forward, his wooden leg not making a sound. Harry figured he was silencing it somehow. He noticed Moody’s limp was as pronounced as ever.

“Hang back with me Harry. Mad-Eye will see to it. Our Portkey will re-charge in about 2 minutes.” She whispered. She licked her lips and stood ready to fight. “If we need to, we can escape with it and Mad-Eye can get himself out. There are still anti-apparation wards around the house but we removed the Portkey one temporarily.” Harry nodded and stayed close to Tonks, not pulling his wand but getting ready to.

There was a sharp rap on the backdoor. “Harry! It’s Arabelle Figg!” The voice called.

Moody looked over at Harry and motioned him to answer her while he crept up to the door.

“Hi Mrs. Figg, I’ll just be one second.” Harry called to her.

Tonks began to slowly move forward towards Moody and Harry stayed close behind. Too close it turned out. Tonks suddenly managed to get her foot caught in the leg of the table in the hallway by Harry’s old cupboard. Without warning she grabbed Harry by the arm as she went crashing down pulling him to the floor beside her. If Harry hadn’t been sure it really was Tonks before, this accident sure proved it.

Moody suddenly yanked the door open and pulled a startled Mrs. Figg in through the doorway before slamming the door shut again. The parcel she was carrying slid across the sparkling clean floor of the kitchen and stopped a few feet from Mrs. Figg.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing Moody?” Mrs. Figg cried. She clutched her chest and took a deep breath. Her face flushed with anger as she turned to glare at him.

Moody kept his wand trained on her but lowered it to a non-threatening posture, at least for Moody. “Harry wasn’t expecting you.” He told her suspiciously. His grip never loosened on the handle of the wand.

Mrs. Figg huffed as she picked up the package. “Of course he wasn’t you paranoid old fool!” She huffed and walked over to Harry, handing him the package. Her breath still came in deep calming breaths but blew out with angry puffs. “Remus is still packing up the library at Headquarters and doesn’t have time to stop by and give Harry the new dress robes he pickup for him to wear today. Madame Malkin didn’t finish them until yesterday afternoon. I came to drop them off so he would be ready when you got here!” She explained.

Tonks slapped herself in the forehead. “Opps!” She looked over at Harry sheepishly. “I forgot, he mentioned that at the meeting last night.”

Moody still seemed to stare at it a moment longer. “It seems safe.” He growled, nodding for Harry to open it. Moody reluctantly put his wand down but not away.

Harry bit his lip as he slowly peeled back the paper and looked at the silk like material in his arms. He gaped at the thin robes as they seemed to spill out and slipped down to the floor. The robe was made of two toned silk fabric. The first tone was a dark forest green and the second was a shiny black. On the left breast side was the Potter family crest in bright golden threads that seemed to sparkle and catch the eye. On the right side was the Black family crest, without the ‘Toujours Pur’ statement, in muted silver, it had the opposite effect of letting the eye slide over it and seemed almost invisible. He couldn’t help shaking his head in wonder at the workmanship. He’d never seen a robe that looked this beautiful or expensive before.

Tonks gasped. “Oh my, that’s a beautiful robe.” Not noticing the Black crest as Harry quickly covered it up.

“I’ll be right back.” He whispered to them as his eyes glistened with unshed tears. “I’m just going to put them on, ok?”

“The Portkey is ready, Harry.” Moody told him gruffly. “Be real quick.”

Harry only took a few moments to move into the living room, he made sure the living room drapes were closed. He took off the school robes and placed the dress robe over his clothes and fastened them. He was careful to fold the edges of the robe back over the Black family crest but left the Potter crest in full view. He took a quick look in the hall mirror on his way back to the kitchen and was surprised to see the changes in his appearance. The robes helped him to look more mature then his nearly 16 years, unlike Dudley’s oversized cast-off that made him look like a child playing dress-up. He was still a little on the short side being only about 5’ 10 but his eyes showed a depth that only came with experience, something he had too much of. The image looking back at him could easily pass for an adult.

He tore his eyes away from the mirror and walked into the kitchen. Both Tonks and Mrs. Figg’s eyes widened a little. “You look perfect wearing your Family Crest, Harry.” Mrs. Figg sniffled proudly.

Harry gave her a quick hug. “Thanks for everything this summer.” He smiled sadly as he pulled back. “And last summer too. I never did thank you properly.”

She nodded and ruffled his hair affectionately. “Well, I’ll be seeing you when I see you, Harry.”

Harry watched her expression change a little to a lonely look he knew all too well. Tonks presented him with the rusted screwdriver they were using as a Portkey. The three took hold. The familiar sensation of a hook around his navel yanked him backwards. He concentrated on trying to stay on his feet as they landed in the main lobby of the Ministry of Magic and managed to, barely. Tonks however ended up on the ground looking a little irritated as she stood up and brushed herself off.

Looking around Harry noticed that the fountain that had been destroyed when Dumbledore and Voldemort had dueled still had not been full replaced. While the base of the fountain had been repaired and filled with water, the statues themselves had not. The sign stated that the fountain would be replaced and that all funds placed in the water would still be donated to St. Mungo’s Hospital.

Harry look into the water as he pulled two galleons from his pocket and let them slip into the water. He watched the ripples disappear before walking back towards the desk.

“You ok?” Tonks asked him. Her concern for his welfare was evident on her face.

Harry snorted. “No offense, but I wish everyone would stop asking me that.” Harry muttered as they past the golden gates and approached the main desk. Tonks gave him a hurt look but said nothing more. They let Moody walk up the desk.

“Escorting a guest.” Moody growled to the clerk behind the counter before he could ask them to state their business. “Harry Potter, here for the will reading of Sirius Black.”

The clerk behind the counter swallowed loudly. With a quick glance at Harry’s forehead he nervously nodded and handed the guest badge to Harry.

He looked at the badge and was surprised to see,

Harry Potter-Black,
Will Reading of Sirius Black,
Courtroom 3.

Like his crest he hid the name on his badge with the edge of his robe.

The security guard didn’t approach him as he had the last time Harry had been at the Ministry. “Do you have your wand on you?” He asked, instead of asking Harry directly, he seemed to be watching Moody out of the corner of his eye.

Harry nodded and lifted his arm to remove his wand from his forearm. Moody however grabbed his arm and lowered it. “What have I told you about surrendering your wand boy?” He growled at a wide-eyed Harry before turning to the security guard.

“As per the acting Minister of Magic, Harry Potter is allowed to keep his wand with him. Can’t have the boy unprepared in case Voldemort shows now can we?” He growled louder then before causing all who heard him to wince or gasp in fear of Voldemort’s name being said out loud. Only Harry and Tonks had not.

The clerk cowered further back. He didn’t want to challenge the unpredictable ex-Auror. Tonks took pity on the poor wizard and poked Moody in the shoulder. Scowling at him playfully, “It helps if you give the poor man the paperwork proving what you’re saying.” She smirked.

Moody grumbled a little but held out the paperwork and let the clerk check it for authenticity. The paper sparkled with a bright yellow glow, verifying it was from Minister Weasley. The clerk breathed a sigh of relief. “You may go, but please keep your wand in your holster Mr. Potter.” His eyes slid to Moody’s narrowed eyes and gulped. “Unless attacked or provoked of course!” He squeaked out. “You have permission to defend yourself obviously.”

Harry nodded and watched as the poor clerk sank back in his seat looking a little relieved that the confrontation was over when Moody began to walk away.

His brow furrowed as he made his way over to the bank of elevators. Moody went to the west side of the elevators and cast a charm over the panel. A few seconds later a door opened in the wall beside the rest of the lifts.

Harry just looked at Tonks waiting for an explanation and she didn’t miss it. “Auror and other Departmental staff only, it is used normally for prisoner transfers. It only stops at the Law Enforcement level, Auror and Unspeakables headquarters,” her voice cracked a little and her face clouded, “and the court rooms where we are headed. It’s useless to anyone else anyway.”

Harry just gave her a weak smile and waited for the lift to deposit them deep below London. Unlike the other lifts, this one didn’t have any memos or voices announcing what floors they were passing. When the lift opened Harry was not surprised to see the half of Weasley family spread out in the hallway waiting for him. Bill, Charlie and Percy weren’t there, but Harry hadn’t expected to see them, especially Percy. He was still trying to save his job and justify his actions for the past year. Things weren’t looking so good for him what with two years in a row of backing up the wrong side.

Hermoine was there, standing with Remus and Mrs. Weasley by the doorway to the courtroom. Her face lit up and she turned and began running towards him with a huge grin on her face.

“Harry! Good to see you mate!” Ron cried. He headed over to give him a one armed hug. Ron’s large grin was infectious and Harry couldn’t help grinning back at him.

“Ron! Good to see you too.” Harry replied whole-heartedly. He hated being away from everyone during the summer. He was happy to see Ron had recovered well from the attack from the brain creature. He’d secretly feared all his friends would be mad at him for leading them into a trap. The letters he’d received said otherwise but he’d still wondered about his reception.

Mr. Weasley and Dumbledore stepped out of the 3rd door down the hallways when they heard Ron yell. Both seemed rather relieved to see Harry smiling.

Harry could see them watching him and was glad that Hermoine had gotten to him; he was able to hide his face in her hair when she hugged him tightly so no one saw his face flush. He took advantage of it to take a calming breath. He was surprised to find her hair was silky loose ringlets instead of the bushy mess he was used to seeing. He was mildly surprised that her hair faintly smelled of roses and vanilla.

“Are you ready for this, Harry?” She asked him quietly pulling back to look at his face, searching it for the tattletale signs of him dodging her questions. He watched as her smile slide off her face and he suddenly wished he could make her smile again. She of course knew this had to be difficult for him. If anyone could read how he was feeling it would be her, one person who always stood by him no matter the situation.

Harry gave her the same smile he had been giving everyone all day. “I have you and Ron with me, so I’d say I am ready to face whoever the Death Eaters are going to send today.” He told her dryly. His eyes gleamed with a determination she’d seen before. She nodded her understanding and stepped back but let his arm continue to drape over her shoulder.

Ron reached across Hermione’s back and patted Harry on the back in understanding. He placed his arm around Hermoine shoulder over Harry’s arm and Hermione wrapped her arms around their waists. It was a perfect picture, the trio stood not just together, but united. For a moment Harry felt fully at peace. He looked at them both and then looked Ron dead in the eye. They both smirked to each other both getting the same idea. They both dropped their arms down to her waist and then dragged Hermoine forward towards the rest of the Weasleys. Hermoine stumbled and had to grab them both around their waists tightly so she wouldn’t fall. Once she regained her footing she noticed for the first time in a long time Harry was laughing softly and that his smile had reached his eyes. Even if it was only for a moment, and at her expense, it was enough for her to smile back.

The trio let go as they reached Mrs. Weasley. She had been waiting with tears in her eyes as she watched the touching scene, not wanting to interfere with the Trio’s reunion. Once he reached her, she took Harry into her customary tight hug. He couldn’t help but be glad he was taller then last year as his face now was pressed into her shoulder and he only needed to worry about the hold she had instead of being smother by her chest. “Harry dear, I’ve been so worried about you.” She cried, holding him tight and close. “I’m so sorry about what happened, my boy.”

He couldn’t hold a grudge against her anymore once he heard those words coming from her with such warmth and love. Unlike when Vernon called him Boy, he knew Mrs. Weasley meant it as if he was her son not some slave or House Elf. “I’m doing okay.” He wheezed, trying to get a breath.

“Geez woman, you’d think after all this time you’d know not to squeeze the daylights out of people.” One of the twins scolded her. Must be George, Harry thought. “You’d be doing the dirty work for the other side if you keep it up.”

“She could kill the whole Order if she tried.” The other kidded.

Molly finally let go and glaring at the twins. “Sorry dear.” She said as she let go of him but began fussing with his robe. Harry didn’t stop her since she was touching his left shoulder.

“We should get inside; everyone else should be arriving shortly.” Dumbledore reminded everyone with a quiet voice. He ushered everyone inside while Remus approached Harry.

Remus made sure to look at Harry’s right shoulder, seeing the robe folded back over the Black family crest he gave Harry an approving nod. He placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and followed him in.

Unlike the last courtroom Harry had been in, this one looked more like an ordinary Muggle style one. It had the Judge’s bench, witness stand and two council tables setup, one for each side. Unlike a muggle courtroom it didn’t have a jury box.

The podium was turned to face the gallery where a large group of chairs were setup on either side of the aisle. Ron, Hermoine, Harry and Remus took the front row on the left. Mrs. Weasley and the rest of the Weasley’s took the second row. Tonks and Moody took the third. Dumbledore was waiting by the door of the room to greet anyone else who came.

It was several minutes before Tonks’s mother Andromeda and her father Ted arrived. They greeted Tonks and sat in the back with her. Harry was beginning to think that maybe none of the Death Eaters were going to show up until a woman he had never seen before and Narcissa Malfoy entered the room followed by none other then Draco.

Malfoy as always had a nasty looking smirk plastered on his face as he saw Harry and his friends sitting in the room already. This time he also had a look of triumph. Harry remembered the last time he’d seen the blond boy. He’d looked more like a slug then anything human. He couldn’t help but smirk back at Draco.

Mrs. Weasley leaned forward and placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder, He looked back and smiled at her letting him know that he fine with Draco being there. In fact he was relieved.

Unlike Ron and Hermione who seemed shocked to see Draco there, Harry had expected it. He knew Draco had been a close relative of Sirius. Of all the people Voldemort could have sent Draco was the least of his concerns. While Draco would have been in his rights to claim the Black Estate before the papers had been signed, the lack of Death Eater backup in the room proved Voldemort had no clue about Harry’s adoption. It meant things were going well so far.

Nothing was said as the Malfoys sat down. Dumbledore walked to the front of the chamber and took the podium. He looked more concerned then Harry could remember. The normal twinkle in his eyes was absent. Harry remembered how old he seemed that night in the office. He realized that Dumbledore hadn’t found a way to stop Draco’s claim. It looked like the adoption was going have to be announced during the will reading.

He looked out over his half-moon glasses over to Mrs. Malfoy. “I would like to start by asking you Mrs. Malfoy, as Bellatrix’s sister, do you contest her absence?” He asked in a serious tone.

Narcissa stiffened. “It’s not like she could enter this location Dumbledore.” She sniffed. Her face soured as she spoke. Her blood red nails tapped quickly on her thigh as she avoided Dumbledore’s stare.

Dumbledore gave her a polite smile. “I don’t mean to offend you Mrs. Malfoy.” He said soothingly. “But as her closest blood relative I require you to relinquish her rights to contest the will on her behalf due to her absence.” He reminded her.

Narcissa looked at the woman beside her. The woman nodded once and Mrs. Malfoy then turned back to Dumbledore. “I, Narcissa Malfoy-Black, relinquish Bellatrix Lestrange-Black, of her rights to contest on behalf of the Black Family.”

The woman next to her gave her a nod of approval. Everyone now turned to Dumbledore. He nodded graciously to Narcissa before picking up the envelope. “I will open the will and we will then all listen to Sirius Orion Black’s last will and testament in regards to his assets and responsibilities.”

Harry watched with some trepidation as Dumbledore opened the will. He hadn’t expected to hear Sirius’s voice fill the room. “Sorry everybody but the original will is null and void!” Sirius’s voice laughed. “Try the next one!”

Everyone moved restlessly in their seats except Harry and Remus. Both of them knew there was a second will, it was hidden within the original will’s envelope. When Harry had signed the papers to make him Sirius’s son the first will had cease to exist.

Dumbledore looked more thoughtful then Harry could remember, inside the envelope was another letter. Dumbledore opened it and then turned to the gathering. Harry saw him shoot a glance at Remus at his non-reaction to the second will. Without arousing suspicion from everyone else he continued to open the second will.

Looking it over Dumbledore gave the assembled crowd a small thoughtful smile. The twinkle glimmered for a moment at Harry and Remus before he hid it. “It seems Mr. Black has changed his will approximately eight months ago.” He explained, looking towards the Malfoy’s.

“He’s newest will is included. I am glad to say that everyone who is here is still the same people required to attend. The only other people listed are unfortunately not able to attend due to some rather unfortunate circumstances.” He again looked over the edge of his glasses directly at Narcissa who gave him another sour expression.

He paused while he waited for objections. The woman with Mrs. Malfoy it seemed did not look happy and spoke up. “As Executor you should have been aware of the changes and been informed. That will is null and void if you were not aware of it.” She stated with some authority.

“My dear Ms. Hallthorn, as long as the will is witnessed by at least two people there is no reason to inform the executor of the changes that Mr. Black has done. Only if he had added someone new as a beneficiary would I have needed to be informed.” He explained gently.

The woman again looked confused and wary of the situation but waited for Dumbledore to proceed. Then he opened the second letter and a life sized image of Sirius Black stood before the podium. While the image was semi-transparent he didn’t have the silvery outlines of a ghost.

“Hey everybody!” The image said laughing. “It’s me Sirius Orion Black. I guess this means I’m dead, sorry about that!” He said sounding an awful lot like Hagrid. The image chuckled and then seemed to clear his throat. Looking down at a piece of paper in his hands he continued, “Ok, let’s see here. I Sirius Black being of sound mind and body…” He paused and glared over at Remus. “I heard that Moony!”

Remus gave Harry a sad smile. “I cast the recording spell.” He whispered to Harry before Sirius’s image continued.

The image threw one last scowl at Remus. “Anyway, I do here by leave the Black family fortunes and properties as such… To my cousin Nymphadora Tonks,” the image looked up and smirked. “Sorry about the name Tonks, it had to be said… I leave the following, Black Cottage in Wales, 2 million Galleons and the Guardianship of Harry.”

There were large gasps as everyone, including Harry. He was completely shocked. The image seemed to know it was going to happen and it paused. Mrs. Weasley looked outraged and Dumbledore looked disappointed. Poor Tonks looked traumatized. She began to try and stand but her chair and the spare one beside her promptly fell backwards, her legs still mixed up in it. The chair’s back legs splintered and broke apart as she landed on them in a small heap. She had reached out to grab Moody to steady herself and ended up pulling him down to the floor with her. Moody raised his wand and had nearly stunned her before he grumbled and pulled himself up.

“How is Tonks suppose to take care of Harry?” Mrs. Weasley wailed looking back at the pile of woman and broken wooden chairs. “She’s not old enough to care for a teenager, or responsible enough!” Mr. Weasley pulled her back down in her seat and apologized to Dumbledore. Harry had turned bright red and hearing Draco laughing across the aisle didn’t help much.

“Silence!” Dumbledore bellowed or at least as close to bellowing at the old wizard ever needed to raise his voice. Everyone froze and turned towards the front. “I believe Sirius had a few more things to say.” He raised an eyebrow at Mrs. Weasley. She finally seemed to have regained control of herself. She shot Tonks one last glare as the young woman tried to get herself settled back in a different chair with help from Moody and her mother.

Knowing the problems that each announcement was going to cause, Remus had built in an automatic stop after each bombshell. Sirius had picked the password to continue the recording. Dumbledore couldn’t help but chuckled to himself at Sirius’s choice of words. He restarted the recording with the whispered phrase “Mischief managed!”

“With the Guardianship of Harry, I also leave you with complete access to his true inheritance in Gringotts Vault 23, the Potter Family Vault. Harry is not to be allowed to remove anything except personal effects belonging directly to his mother or father with Tonks permission until his seventeenth birthday.” With this statement a key materialized in Dumbledore’s hand. “I also left a letter for you in regards to how I wish to see Harry’s guardianship work. It’s in my room on my bookshelf. I know Molly and Arthur would love to have him stay with them and I have given you some tips on what I hope will help you work with them and Remus to see that Harry is happy.”

With these words Molly began to smile again. It was no secret she had been hoping for guardianship of Harry but while she might not be his guardian legally she’d hoped Sirius understood how much she loved him. It seemed he had.

The image smiled and then looked at the paper again. “Ok, moving along. To the Weasley children with the exception of Percy and Ron,” His image flashed Molly an apologetic smile for excluding Percy. “I leave you each with 15 thousand Galleons in trust until your seventeenth birthday, for Bill, Charlie, Fred and George, that means you get your money now. Ginny, sorry but laws are like that.” He seemed to smirk. Several keys appeared on the podium.

“For Ron, I will be leaving to you 50 thousand Galleons and my marble Wizarding chess set in the salon. The chess set you can have now. The Galleons are in trust until your seventeenth birthday.” Harry could hear the combined shock of both Ginny behind him and Ron sitting beside Hermione. Both sounded like they were choking.

The image laughed. “Sorry Molly about this next bit but it’s a little late for you to hate me. Fred and George in addition to the gold I am also leaving you with a list of some of the Marauders greatest stories of pranks and how we pulled a few of them off. It is in the Black Family Library in a glass case, the book is called ‘The Story of Brothers’, by Padfoot and Moony.”

Fred and George’s eyes opened wide with disbelief! “The Marauders!” Fred yelped.

“Was he a Marauder?” George asked in disbelief.

Harry chuckled. “He was Padfoot! I’ll explain later.” He whispered over his shoulder. They both turned to Harry with eyes so wide Harry wondered how they were staying in their sockets. Remus bit his lip trying to keep his chuckle from escaping his throat. Harry took a quick look over at Ron who was swallowing with some difficulty. It was turning out to be a day of good surprises.

“Hermoine Granger,” She jumped as Sirius’s image turned to her. “I can’t think of anyone who is more deserving of the following. I leave you 50 thousand Galleons to be left in trust until your seventeenth birthday, with the exception of an additional 1 thousand Galleons for educational purposes and supplies that can be accessed for you by Remus. I trust you to spend them wisely. I am also leaving you a small collection of books that have been placed in storage for you at Gringotts in a vault that I had Remus arranged for you. They have all been checked for curses and cover a whole range of subjects that you are sure to enjoy.” Hermoine could only just stare in shock. “Don’t be so surprised, Remus picked them out for you.” Sirius winked at her, causing her to blush deeply and sink a little into her seat. Harry could help but smile at her embarrassment. Another key was produced in front of Dumbledore.

“Now to make it up to you Molly and Arthur,” The image grinned mischievously, “I will be giving you both 250 thousand Galleons each.” Gasps were heard from everyone in the room, even from Draco.

Too stunned to interrupt again the Weasleys waited for the image to finish. “You Molly are the closest thing Harry has had to a mother since Lily passed away,” The image paused to wince softly, “and for the love and support you have both given him has been more then I could have hoped for while I was locked away. I know you are proud of your accomplishments and I want you to know that this isn’t charity. It’s a thank you for what you have unselfishly done already and for what I know you will keep doing to help and support Harry through the rest of his life.”

Molly began to cry softly on Arthur’s shoulders. “I feel so ashamed that I yelled at him.” She sniffled just loud enough that Harry could hear. Arthur shushed her and comforted her but Harry could hear his sniffles too.

Harry could feel his eyes being to tear at Sirius’s moving words to Mrs. Weasley. Hermione grabbed his hand and squeezed it. He turned his head and squeezed her hand back before letting go and turning back to Sirius’s image.

“For my favorite cousin Andromeda Tonks and her husband Ted, I am leaving you with 2 million Galleons, like your daughter.” Her wide eyes met the shocked look of her husband, both nodded speechless to Sirius with thanks in their eyes.

Sirius’s face turned dark. “For those members of the family that I hate more then anything in this world I leave you with 1 Kunt each for ever year you resided in Slytherin House at Hogwarts.” Narcissa and Draco both looked as though they’d been slapped. Mrs. Hallthorn looked trimphent and whispered to both of them before they both relaxed.

“Ok, Moony you can’t be here for this part while I record… Of course I am not going to do anything stupid!” The image seemed to wait for a moment, “Ok, to Remus Lupin, my best friend and confident. I am giving 2 million Galleons towards a real Werewolf Treatment Wing at St. Mungo’s in your name, 2 million Galleons to you personally and the Marauder’s hideaway including all the contents.” Remus looked completely stunned. Sirius just smirked.

“I know you weren’t expecting so much so I made special arrangements so you can’t refuse them.” The image taunted him. “If you do then Harry’s inheritance goes to Draco Malfoy as well as your own.” Remus looked a little angry at the added terms. He growled but didn’t raise any objections.

“I thought you’d say that!” Sirius laughed. “And yes I had it cleaned out. What did you think I was doing right after I left Hogwarts?” The image grinned madly at him. “All our stuff is still there too!”

Harry could hear the twins whispering excitedly to each other as they put the last pieces of the Marauder mystery together. Mrs. Weasley reached over Ginny to slap the nearest of the twins and they settled down.

“That leaves me with only Harry’s inheritance to dish out.” Sirius laughed and looked directly at Harry. “You have been the greatest thing to happen in my life besides my two best friends Harry. I am proud to call you my son.” He looked evilly over at Narcissa and Draco. “That’s right you heard me my son! … God that sounds good doesn’t it Moony. My son!”

The image of Sirius beamed an exceptionally bright smile at the group. Harry took a sharp intake of breath and looked over at Remus with wide eyes. Remus looked smug even though his eyes were bright with pride. It was then that Harry realized Remus knew Sirius had done this on purpose.

Narcissa looked about to faint and Draco looked at the image in absolute horror. Even Dumbledore looked more then a little surprised but at that moment the twinkle in his eyes returned in full force.

Pandemonium started for a moment when everyone started yelling all at once wondering what was going on. Hermione grabbed Harry around the neck and began to hug him tightly crying about how wonderful it was. He tried not to choke from her hold while Mrs. Weasley demanded to know when that had happened. Ron and Ginny were wishing they had a camera and laughing at Draco who still hadn’t recovered from the shock. Tonks hooted with laughter and slapped Moody on the back, startling him, and then nearly fell out of her chair again when he pushed her off him. The twins were cackling madly and rolling on the floor, clutching there stomachs.

“QUIET!” yelled Sirius. Everyone froze and looked back at the recording. “Like it or not people Harry James Potter-Black is my adopted son and true Heir to the Black Estate. With that comes the rest of the Black Fortune, the Family Vault, number 15, the rest of the Black lands, Kretcher and all rights and titles.” Being Sirius, he couldn’t resist sticking his tongue out at Narcissa. “Take that to the bank, Cousin.”

Harry just looked up at Sirius’s face for a long moment before Sirius continued the recording. “If anything else has not been included in this will as the assets and investments are spread out and are easily missed, I hear by leave them to my son the Lord of Blackmon, Harry Potter-Black.” The recording showed Sirius signing the will and then the papers in Dumbledore’s hand shone a bright gold before fading to normal.

“The will is read and binding.” Dumbledore proclaimed. Moody nodded and approached.

“The will is read and witnessed.” He proclaimed.

“No!” Narcissa screamed shrilly. “My son is the heir to the Black Fortune! I demand to see the adoption papers!”

Harry stood up and flipped the edge of his dress robes into place. The Black family crest now stood out, shining a bright liquid silver color against the black green fabric and the badge was now full exposed. “I believe you will find everything in order.” He said coldly. “After all even the Ministry of Magic knows my real full name.” He pointed to the visitors badge attached to his robes.

Narcissa’s eyes flashed down to his chest. She looked at the badge in horror before she took a step back. “No! I refuse to believe this is happening!” She turned a terrified look towards the woman Ms. Hallthorn.

She gave Narcissa a furious shake of her head. “It’s legal.” She told her. “I have no grounds to lay your claim.”

Draco stepped forward and stared at Harry, his expression was full of pure hatred. “You will regret coming between me and my birthright you half-blooded piece of filth.” He spat.

Harry just smirked at him. “That’s Lord Potter-Black to you Malfoy.” He pretended to wipe a piece of lint from his shoulder and waved his hand in a dismissive manner.

Malfoy’s eyes flashed with rage, he made a move to grab his wand forgetting he’d had to turn it in upstairs. Harry however pulled his and now stood with his wand pointed directly in Malfoy’s face.

“Missing something Malfoy?” Harry taunted.

Dumbledore and Moody approached the confrontation from two different sides. Dumbledore moving the Malfoys and Ms. Hallthorn back and Moody stood beside Harry getting him to back away and lower his wand.

It was a tense few moments but being unarmed and provoking Harry into drawing his wand had drained what little bravo Draco had. He willing moved away with his mother. “Next time you won’t be so lucky Potter.” He smirked nastily.

Harry just smirked back and narrowed his eyes. “The next time you see Tommy-Boy… Tell him I’ll be ready and waiting.” Harry heard everyone behind him gasp in fear. Even Dumbledore raised a brow over Harry’s choice of taunts. Malfoy’s face drained of all color before he left the room with his mother pulling angrily on his arm.

Harry turned and found Ron and Hermione backing him up, one on either side of him. Ron’s face was white as a sheet, shaking his head. “First you say V-V-Voldemort’s name like it’s nothing,” He gasped and stuttered. “But now you’re calling him by a derogatory nickname! Do you have a death wish?” He asked horrified.

Harry looked a little worn out now that the confrontation was over. Hermione saved him from having to answer when she slapped Ron’s arm. “Honestly Ron! It’s not like he isn’t going to try to come after everyone in this room anyway.” She scowled.

Harry gave Ron a lopsided grin. “Well at least you finally said his name.”

Ron stared back a Harry for a moment and then his face broke out into a proud grin. “I did, didn’t I?”

Hermione looked back at Harry in surprise and then turned back to Ron and gave him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. “It’s about time!” She teased him, fully forgetting she was annoyed with him.

Harry patted Ron on the back. “Proud of you, mate!” He told him, smiling again.

The adults were watching the Trio with surprise. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were looking a little green and still a little unbalanced by all the surprises Sirius had thrown around. Dumbledore stood watching with his eyes twinkling and sparkling proudly at the Trio. He finally broke the silence. “Perhaps it would be best for us to go somewhere secure to discuss today’s events.”

Once again the questions seemed to fly from everyone at the same time as the fact that Harry was Sirius’s son had been brought back to the forefront.

Harry finally held up his hand trying to get everyone to stop asking questions. “Shall we all go back to Headquarters?” Harry asked. “Remus and I will explain everything when we get there.” He told them.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Chuckle* An interesting turn of events here. I like the way this story's going. Bravo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: