Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Every please vote for you favorite!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What show do you like the most?
Digimon
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Outlaw Star
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Robotech
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Cowboy Bebop
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Blue Submarine No. 6
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
DragonBallZ
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Transformers
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Ranma 1/2
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Poke'mon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

BLITZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...

Does anyone need any other explanations of shows? I'll be glad to help, and I sure the others will too. Wink
Thrax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't watching any of those! So I voted for Transformers just for fun (I hope it is what I think it is).
BLITZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transformers are those little toys Sabrina has
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, out of the ones listed I have to give the nod to Blue Sub 6. Transformers takes a close second, for obvious reasons. Very Happy

Which reminds me. Does anyone else remember the Battletech Animated Series? Mid-90s, first-generation CGI. Yummy.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Well, out of the ones listed I have to give the nod to Blue Sub 6. Transformers takes a close second, for obvious reasons. Very Happy

Which reminds me. Does anyone else remember the Battletech Animated Series? Mid-90s, first-generation CGI. Yummy.

THERE WAS A BATTLETECH SERIES?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing about it. I missed it though. Perhaps they will feel sorry for me and release it on DVD?

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: *coughs up blood laughing* Reply with quote

Well, that certainly got your attention.

Yes, there was a BattleTech animated series. Looking at the sourcebook for it right now, only cost me 10 bucks at the local gaming store. Deals with the First Somerset Strikers, and Leftenant General Adam Steiner (yes, distant cousin to that murdering *****, Katherine.) Story? Steiner and crew get their ass handed to them by the Jade Falcons, and then proceed to raise hell along the border for the next few months. Eventually, Khan Pryde of the JFs comes in and spanks her wayward underlings, who were operating WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. (Hmm, replace 'wayward underlings' with 'Sabrina'... oh sorry.) In the end, the border is left a ragged mess and Adam is a hero of the Lyran Alliance.

Incidentally, Adam Steiner's story is wrapped up in the second to last Battletech book, "Operation Audacity", which printed in July. He goes for another round with the JFs, and... well you read it.

Oh, and please note that when I say first-gen CGI, I mean it. As in roughly on the level of 'Tron', which was produced some 13 years beforehand. Also, Tyco briefly made a toy series from the animated series. I can pick up some of them for... oh... five bucks if you're interested.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: *coughs up blood laughing* Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Well, that certainly got your attention.

Hell, YEAH! An old Battletehc fan like me...

Jbird wrote:
Yes, there was a BattleTech animated series. Looking at the sourcebook for it right now, only cost me 10 bucks at the local gaming store. Deals with the First Somerset Strikers, and Leftenant General Adam Steiner (yes, distant cousin to that murdering *****, Katherine.) Story? Steiner and crew get their ass handed to them by the Jade Falcons, and then proceed to raise hell along the border for the next few months. Eventually, Khan Pryde of the JFs comes in and spanks her wayward underlings, who were operating WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. (Hmm, replace 'wayward underlings' with 'Sabrina'... oh sorry.) In the end, the border is left a ragged mess and Adam is a hero of the Lyran Alliance.

Interesting

Jbird wrote:
Incidentally, Adam Steiner's story is wrapped up in the second to last Battletech book, "Operation Audacity", which printed in July. He goes for another round with the JFs, and... well you read it.

No, I didn't I'm a bit behind with the Battletech novels. I don't think the last few ones were that good. And besides, it always takes a few month until the latest ones are out in Germany. You know, translating and all that stuff.

The last one I read was #48

Jbird wrote:
Oh, and please note that when I say first-gen CGI, I mean it. As in roughly on the level of 'Tron', which was produced some 13 years beforehand. Also, Tyco briefly made a toy series from the animated series. I can pick up some of them for... oh... five bucks if you're interested.

Are they good?

Anyway I'd rather get my paws on a few more of the minitures. THey are almost impossible to get in germany nowadays. Pflarrian got a Vixen and a Wraith for me but he couldn't get any of the old or the IIC Mechs.

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon,

You happen to be in luck. Iron Wind Metals has taken over the production rights to Battletech minis, now that FASA has closed its doors. You can order directly from their site at www.ironwindmetals.com . They should have no problem delivering to you.

Also, if you can tell me the name of the last BT novel you read, I can bring you up to speed. Although, three words pretty much cover it.

FedCom Civil War. Shocked

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Tygon,

You happen to be in luck. Iron Wind Metals has taken over the production rights to Battletech minis, now that FASA has closed its doors. You can order directly from their site at www.ironwindmetals.com . They should have no problem delivering to you.

Cool! THanks for pointing me there.

Maybe I can complete my collection after all. Hmmm... got 52 of them... still a long way to go Smile

Jbird wrote:
Also, if you can tell me the name of the last BT novel you read, I can bring you up to speed. Although, three words pretty much cover it.

FedCom Civil War. Shocked

Thanks for the offer but I think I would prefur to read it on my own.

BLITZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Tygon,

well now time to get collection going again. huh looks like I only have 3 right now

BTW JBird's Avatar is my favorite Mech Very Happy The DAISHI! Or is it a MASAKARI! no matter I like them both

PS I can kill you all in MechWarrior Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLITZ wrote:
Jbird wrote:
Tygon,

well now time to get collection going again. huh looks like I only have 3 right now

You will catch up. I'm collecting them for 7 years now Wink

BLITZ wrote:
BTW JBird's Avatar is my favorite Mech Very Happy The DAISHI! Or is it a MASAKARI! no matter I like them both

It's a Direwolf, dammit! Call them by their real names!!!

BLITZ wrote:

I don't think so Twisted Evil

TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised If you want robotech or Cowboy bebop , or tons of stuff go to

www.up1.co.uk/ and there you will find tons of anmi its in england but they send to the us, and if its comix you want , they have them too Laughing

So go , go and see, they have Sabrina books too,,,,,,,

Wink

BLITZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
BLITZ wrote:

Ah whatever I play as this thing at the Arcade, in a simulater, I don't Care whats it's called! Evil or Very Mad I also use the Mad Cat.

Tygon wrote:
BLITZ wrote:

I think so Wink but if you don't think I can bring it on Razz

BTW This is my 100th post
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLITZ wrote:
Tygon wrote:
BLITZ wrote:

Ah whatever I play as this thing at the Arcade, in a simulater, I don't Care whats it's called! Evil or Very Mad I also use the Mad Cat.

And that one's the Timberwolf. Why can't they use the Clan names in the games?

BLITZ wrote:
Tygon wrote:
BLITZ wrote:

I think so Wink but if you don't think I can bring it on Razz

Which game? The latest I got is Mercenaries.

BLITZ wrote:
BTW This is my 100th post

Congrats. This is my 745th Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: