Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Day After Tommorow Chapter One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunningCat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Superlagg, thank you any way I will take your suggestions that you made and continue with the rewrite. So look for the rewrite real soon.
Superlagg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunningCat wrote:
Hey Superlagg, thank you any way I will take your suggestions that you made and continue with the rewrite. So look for the rewrite real soon.

Will do! So far I like how the story is going, it could have some potential!

RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is edit your own story (or at least for me) taking twice as long as it did to even write in the first place. I can not understand why I can't get this rewrite done with as it taking me forever and that is only the first chapter of the well MANY chapter I have to first transcribe then rewrite.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be the same thing as I'm running into with Kitfox editing a story of mine, he's busy with work and his life and editing my story is just a favor. Yes its driving me insane cuz theres things I want to do with my story but "patience is a virtue!" Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well wile was waiting to have my tires rotated I finaly finsihed the editing now all I have to do is rewrite the computer text.
Superlagg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunningCat wrote:
Why is edit your own story (or at least for me) taking twice as long as it did to even write in the first place. I can not understand why I can't get this rewrite done with as it taking me forever and that is only the first chapter of the well MANY chapter I have to first transcribe then rewrite.

Thats because when you are rewriting your story, you have already written and somewaht memorized the part, which due to the mammalian brain sees that as something it has already put into memory, making it in part boring. When writing a new chapter, it is sometimes easy to get into a 'writing groove' where words come naturally and somewhat flow onto the page. WIth rewriting, you cant do this, because it has already been written. It is better to try and forget the chunk of the story before rewriting, making it seem like a new thing, causing you to like writing it more, almost like you are reading it for the first time.

RunningCat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DID IT THE FIRST CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED AND REWRITTEN

Now all I have to do is figure out how to publish it to the web to get the content to stay as close to what I wrote.

Any hints???
RunningCat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was on vacation I showed some one who happen to be an english graduate a part of my story and I told him I needed an editor and he said he really liked the story and whould love to edit the story as each chapter gets done. This will mean that the story will be comming at much quicker pace. Stay tuned.
RunningCat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said I have an editor now (or that is when he gets back to me) I will then have 2 chapters to post all cleaned and readable. I am sure people will really enjoy reading this story. As some have suggested to me they are saying I should change the tital of my story do the fact that people keep think that has to do with that bad movie that came out lat year. I could use some suggestions just for the heck of keeping this string going on untill I come up with one just as good. Heck one of them might even become the tital I use.

Just for a tease I will post the prologue to the new edited story.

Prologue
Governments no longer exist, everything is run by corporations, and the cities are massive in size and population. There two dominate species and those are the humans and the Anomas. Anomas are all the intelligent are the name for any other bipedal animal descendent. On small blue planet called Earth the largest city is Corporate City where the five largest corporations have there headquarters. The largest and most powerful corporation is Excon. As powerful as Excon is they have there own trouble makers who go by the name corporate rebels, they are determined to bring Excon down but they have been mostly a nuisance to the corporation.
Superlagg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good! Pretty good!
RunningCat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got the 2nd chapter finished in typed form now I have to edit before sending off to my editor to clean the language part.
RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the second chapter is now done with the first edit. Now I will rerwite it and will have 2 chapters to post. I am still not sure about posting about it as I not sure if it good enought yet for everyone to read.
Superlagg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whos editing this? You?
RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am doing a first edit you know so the wording is right then I am sending to my brother roommate (an english major) to clean up the spelling and wording.

Does that make sense. I have also found by printing out my first draft and reading it I make notes sctatch out sections (that are not needed) change words around and what not.
Superlagg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunningCat wrote:
Well I am doing a first edit you know so the wording is right then I am sending to my brother roommate (an english major) to clean up the spelling and wording.

Does that make sense. I have also found by printing out my first draft and reading it I make notes sctatch out sections (that are not needed) change words around and what not.

I see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: