Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPDATED!!! Second Life Free Accounts Now CLOSED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So did you like SecondLife?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Dident sign up and dont plan to
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

francesis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait never mind I forgot...

I didn't activate the card yet Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Mewmew you said you got ur username?... Care to share so I can possably add it to the list and group?
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I signed up. What do I do now (And I mean after installing the game)
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my name there is Tygon Turner. I know, I know, but it was the best last name ending with T that they got. Didn't like any of those ending with P.
Mewmew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name in Second Life is MewMew Nino. Not sure when I can start playing it, though. The computer I'm on can't handle the graphics. I gotta hope I can get enough cash soon to be able to buy a better video card for this computer.

My Livejournal

Mew Mew's Fur Affinity
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Secondlife Mewmew and Tygon
As for what to do? Well I can just say the sky isent always the limmit as ive proved ingame.

Im shure we can find yall sum AVs to suit ya or make them ourselves.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taspacecampjh wrote:
Welcome to Secondlife Mewmew and Tygon
As for what to do? Well I can just say the sky isent always the limmit as ive proved ingame.

Im shure we can find yall sum AVs to suit ya or make them ourselves.

When I can get a graphics card to be able to play, I want to make my av look just like Mew. I just can't do anything until I can make the game run on this computer.

My Livejournal

Mew Mew's Fur Affinity
Hurtful_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I've got signed up, but apparently my 3 year old unupgradable laptop will not run it. Fortunatly enough I just bought a new desktop Very Happy 3.2 GHZ. . .1 Gig of RAM. . .just gotta get a better graphics card and I'll be in action. Expect me on sometime around next week. Names Okami Brokken. . .I suck at names so much Mad think I woulda learned with Hurtful not to name my own stuff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome abord Mr. Okami Brokken
ok just had to do that...
well ur not the only one not able dew to vid just yet

Note: Last day to sign up. Less than 8 hours by my guessing then Ill rename the topic once more

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those looking to upgrade their video cards, word of warning. ATI cards, especially the older generations like 9800pro, tend to have more problems with SL than Nvidia. Not to say they are bad cards but if you are looki8ng to upgrade just to play SL go with Nvidia. ATI varies from certain standards that SL doen't like. If someone tries to sell you a ATI 9250 walk away or better yet run because although it is supposed to meet the minimum requirement to play, they are nothing but problems.

Recommended cards would be Nvidia 6600GT card with 256 memory, either AGP or PCI-e versions. This card has proven very stable and produces beautiful graphics when you manually turn on AA and AF filtering. Shopping around online these are in the $130 -$150 range (last I looked anyway)

The newer ATI cards such as the X800 and X850 are excellent yet pricy but don't have near the problems that previous generations have.

Be careful, some unscrupulus retailers are selling Nvidia 5950 Ultras as $470 high end cards. They were 3 years ago but they should be in the sub $100 range and their performance is less then an ATI 9800pro.

If you intend to go the low end route, the least I would go would be an Nvidia 5500 although a 5700 might be around the same price so look around. Major retailers like Best Buy are selling Nvidia 5500 for about $130 which is way too much for a card as weak as it is when you can get a 6600GT for nearly the same price online. If you have a TI 4200 don't bather upgrading to a 5200 as it's performance is less than a 4200.

The least I can recommend for ATI would be a 9500 or better but you may get frustrated and upgrade again quickly because of frequent crashes, I did and so have a lot of other players.

A note to those thinking of upgrading: SL is not graphics card depandant like most other games like Doom3. A $130 card is more than plenty, what makes a bigger impact is CPU and memory with a big emphisis on broadband speed. Sticking a 6800 Ultra on a 1200+ Duron CPU and 256 memory will do you absolutly no good and a Quad Option with 4 gigs of memory and dual Nvidia 7800GTX's won't play worth a damn over dialup or even IDSN 128 line. Wireless connections tend to have a lot of problems YMMV.

Sculptor, artist and writer.

Be sure to read my stories
http://www.cableone.net/kathmandu/
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my videocard stinks but at least i got online and I am Kirsi Assia

thank you DW for the fox outfit Very Happy

------------------------
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo all. I'd JUMP at this.. if I could. One small lil problem. NO INTERNET AT HOME!!! >.< Freaking of all that is furry I hate my mom! Evil or Very Mad Anyway I am currently looking at a job that. if by sure chance I could acually make $64000 in a month with O.O but at least I would get $2500 for my first month no matter what n.n So if i get that job you all may see me online shortly after. n.n Well I hope so >.> oh . I pay rent to my mom right now does anyone know the laws and stuff about being a tenant. Cuz if I can get around my mom with the internet I WILL! Surprised

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mewmew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonehead54321 wrote:
Yo all. I'd JUMP at this.. if I could. One small lil problem. NO INTERNET AT HOME!!! >.< Freaking of all that is furry I hate my mom! Evil or Very Mad Anyway I am currently looking at a job that. if by sure chance I could acually make $64000 in a month with O.O but at least I would get $2500 for my first month no matter what n.n So if i get that job you all may see me online shortly after. n.n Well I hope so >.> oh . I pay rent to my mom right now does anyone know the laws and stuff about being a tenant. Cuz if I can get around my mom with the internet I WILL! Surprised

What kind of job are you going to get that you can make that kind of money? I want that much money! Gimmen gimmeh! XD Though, making that kind of cash I'm sure it involves more brainpower than I could ever hope to muster.

My Livejournal

Mew Mew's Fur Affinity
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.o Heck if thats how much there payin is there a 2nt identicle position available?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: