Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPDATED!!! Second Life Free Accounts Now CLOSED
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So did you like SecondLife?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Dident sign up and dont plan to
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: UPDATED!!! Second Life Free Accounts Now CLOSED Reply with quote

Ok I mean not as spam but to give yall a heads up
So cmon in and check it out. the only need for paying is if you want an advanced accounts. the only advantage of an advanced account is more L$ money each month and ability to buy and own land. So cmon in and come look at the PF Guild Home...
IM any of the following for a TP to the home
--------------------
TXGorilla Falcone
Sabine Stonebender
Maxx Mackenzie
Wolf Fielding
<More may be Edited in>

Lauren Linden <Linden Lab Employee> wrote:
If ever there was a perfect time to tell someone about Second Life, this is it.

Join Linden Lab as we celebrate our Second Anniversary FREE Account Giveaway! For a limited time new subscribers can join Second Life for free.* Starting 12 AM PDT July 7th, 2005 through 11:59 PM PDT July 13th, 2005 (7 AM GMT July 7th thru 6:59 AM July 14th GMT), simply visit Second Life ( http://secondlife.com ) and sign up.

Make sure your friends don’t miss this limited time opportunity to celebrate our Second Anniversary!

The Fine Print: As part of this new subscriber promotion, Affiliate Credits ( http://secondlife.com/corporate/affiliates.php ) and Basic Account referral credits will be suspended during this promotion. The Free Account is only for new subscribers (only those that do not have a current Second Life account) and is limited to one free account per new subscriber over 13 years old.

Edited by DarkeWolf

Last edited by taspacecampjh on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Second Life 2nd Anniversary: Free Account Giveaway Reply with quote

Um, for those of us who, a: tend to forget which threads to follow, and b: have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, would you perhaps care to elaborate a little on this?

What exactly IS "second life," and why would I wish to sign up for this? ^oo^?
DarkeWolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Life is a Sim...plain and simple. You can do anything in Second Life that you can do in real life...and even do things in Second Life that you cant do in real life.

Set up a business. Sell items, buy items, create your own clothing, jewelery, cars, planes, ANYTHING. You name it, you can make it!

I was sketchy about it at first...thinking OMG BORING...but let me tll you...in all seriousness, I have been up for 3 days with about 2 hours of sleep, glued to my computer.

Normally, there is a 10$ activation fee. ONLY ONCE do you pay for it. ONCE...its like buying a game with free online internet play Very Happy (that ones for you Tygon ^.^)

Well, with this special offer, that fee is waived. You get a free account, and never will you have to pay any money! GET IT!

The only time you will pay extra fees, is if you want to own your own land. Thats all cool if you become a HARDCORE player, but why buy land when Tex already built a place to hang? I'ts plenty big!

Also, Tex has an AWSOME place set up for the Furs from PF to hang out:D

~Come down to the lower levels to jam with the best Beats in CLUB KWKAT. Awsome lighting and particle effects, comfortable chairs, and things to do!~

Only one speculation. Sorry Dial-up users, but you are out of luck this time. Second Life requires Broadband connection...also, a nice graphics card would help...but mine does fine on a 64 mb...

Here are some screenies Very Happy I HIGHLY suggest taking up this free offer.

DarkeWolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more Screenie Very Happy
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tex AND Maxx, thank you very much Very Happy

As you will notice i have a LOT of characters, SL is just fun.

That's all i can say.

I'm not a skilled builder like tex... or annoying like him, but SL is a lot of fun Smile I hope, wait, i REALLY hope you guys take advantage of the free accounts from july 7th till july 13, and get your ass online.

Its really worth it Smile Tex and I know, we've been spamming there since 2004 Very Happy

will be posting screenies in a bit Smile

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as promised...
shroom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fun folks! Of course its not free quite yet, you have to wait for the 7th. I've refrained from buying now incase doing it durring the 7 day trial will bugger something up. Would someone be so kind as to bump this on the 7th when it starts? Because I shall inevitably forget.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...i'd like to sign up.. but if i need a credit card(or even a debit card) i'm so out of luck..
DarkeWolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the joy of it...join during this special deal, and BOINK! free Very Happy
Scifer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it needs a warp reactor just to boot it up. 0o

How much computer resources does Secondlife take to run?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Yes I can defently build a warp reactor very easyly if needed just detaleing it is sumtimes the hard part

As for System Requirements:

SecondLife Webpage wrote:
System Requirements

PC/Windows:

* Computer: Pentium III 800MHZ or higher, with 256MB RAM or more
* Operating System: OS: Windows XP (sp2) / 2000 (sp4)
* Video Card: nVidia Geforce 2 (32MB RAM) or higher, or ATI Radeon 8500 (32MB RAM) or higher
* Internet Connection: DSL, cable modem or LAN (256kbps downstream or higher)

Mac:

* Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 2 (32MB RAM) or higher, or ATI Radeon 9000 (32 MB RAM) or higher.
* Computer: 1 GHZ G4 or better, 512 MB RAM
* Internet Connection: Broadband (DSL/Cable Modem/LAN)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entend to join in the fun. I've been wanting to join it for quite som3e time now. However money was the issue. Now after the seventh till the thirteenth, I won't have an excuse not to join. You'll deffinitly be seeing me there.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Oji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. awesome, so...now..how do i go about getting a nifty white and green fox avatar? Razz
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol silly Oji just ask Uncle Tex when he has L$ agine he has contacts and stores

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh wheres Kathmandu's naughty pics Twisted Evil

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: