Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worst Literature That Should Not Be Converted To Fur-Reads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Worst Literature That Should Not Be Converted To Fur-Reads Reply with quote

TVDAVE wrote:
Well Im waiting for my e mail from Mr Happy soon , if he ever finds my story. I have a human living with furs, yep Im going to hell in a handbag

I don't think you'll be going to hell in a handbag, at least not in the one I'm carrying Smile

Actually, I was sitting reviewing some old notes of past projects and college work I did when I came across probably 2 of the worse books I've ever read....

"The Beast Within" and "A Doll's House."

"A Doll's House" was bad, because it was drawn out too long for a conclusion that should have happened in the first chapter. But it was written in the 1890's I think, and *ahem!* forgivable.

But "The Beast Within" turned me off to reading anything outside of chinese menus and Tech Manuals for many years. 40 - 60+ chapters of the main character stating that something's bad going to happen to him (each chapter spanning months and even years), and the last chapter ending with, "I am dead."

The titles would suggest differently, but that addage "Dont judge a book by its cover" should also include something about its title.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" is probably the best (non-intentional) Furry Book I know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Literature That Should Not Be Converted To Fur-Rea Reply with quote

[quote="Elfen_Furry"A Doll's House" was bad, because it was drawn out too long for a conclusion that should have happened in the first chapter. But it was written in the 1890's I think, and *ahem!* forgivable.[/quote]

That wouldn't by any chance be a play by Henrik Ibsen?
If so, it came out in 1879.
And yes, it CAN be boring...

But imagine being forced to read it in primary school...
*snore*

But you're right, most books would NOT be suited for furrydom.
This is because by adding anthro attributes to a character changes him so much. Imagine, Sherlock Holmes as ???
Or Hercule Poirot?

Even if you manage to find an animal with the right attributes, you now suddenly have a lot of new characteristics to play with. Unless you take them into account, the figures will feel flat and lifeless, but if you include them, the figure's no longer the same...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Literature That Should Not Be Converted To Fur-Rea Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
That wouldn't by any chance be a play by Henrik Ibsen? If so, it came out in 1879.
And yes, it CAN be boring...

Henrik Ibsen?... AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
MOMMY!!!!!
I Be Good... Gimme Cookie Now. Sad

anthony wrote:
But you're right, most books would NOT be suited for furrydom.
This is because by adding anthro attributes to a character changes him so much. Imagine, Sherlock Holmes as ??? Or Hercule Poirot?

Even if you manage to find an animal with the right attributes, you now suddenly have a lot of new characteristics to play with. Unless you take them into account, the figures will feel flat and lifeless, but if you include them, the figure's no longer the same...

I would not blame anyone on this forum of plagurism, but most writers write of what they know and have been exposed to... I would never want to ever read another set of plays and stories like those two again!

But yes- anthro-ing a character adds more to him than just a furry body. Can you imagine Sherlock Homes saying, "Why Doctor Watson, by the tiny paw prints in the mud and the smell off urine at the base of tree, one can only conclude that this is the territorial markings of that ferret Dr. Moriarty. Can I help it if he's such a weasel?"

(Excuse the mis-spellings, I ran out of eye-o-newt in my spell checker.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Concolor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Literature That Should Not Be Converted To Fur-Rea Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
(Excuse the mis-spellings, I ran out of eye-o-newt in my spell checker.)

! ! ! ! ! ! ! OUCH ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Pull it out! Pull it out!

(Haven't heard a pun that bad in days.)

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: It could be worse! Reply with quote

Yes worse, at least none of you were forced to read 'Jaguar's Crossing' by Markren Harlin in high school. That book was almost as long and drawn out as a 'Tale of Two Cities' was. It nearly turned me away from furdom completely before I discovered Furry's online and well. Very Happy Who can resist the writers and comic creators of the new age of Furdom?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Norin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Literature That Should Not Be Converted To Fur-Rea Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
But you're right, most books would NOT be suited for furrydom. This is because by adding anthro attributes to a character changes him so much. Imagine, Sherlock Holmes as ???

You know, It's kind of ironic. I just found on www.animenation.com that they are selling a dvd series called Sherlock Hound. Yes, the entire series is done with anthromorphic dogs. They are up to the 4th DVD, I think. I've never seen it but I thought you furs would like to know.

Click here to see the description of the 4th DVD.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Toric

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogs, huh? mmm... I suppose Sherlock Holmes as a hound would work.. I somehow pictured him as a fox... oh well.

One of my favorite furry makeovers was Walt disney's Robin Hood. Again with the foxs... lol.
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Giggles> You kidding Toric? My first childhood crush was on Maid Marian.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That movie actually set me on my furry path when I was four

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toric

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hee hee hee! *bounces around taunting "old man! old man! pld man!"*

lol. just kidding. The other day, I called home, and talked with mom for a few hours. Got myself updated on the going-on of the family. It appears one of my younger cousins is turning 18... I always remember him being this short, chubby little kid... and now he's an adult... I felt old... and I'm only 22! lol.

One of the odd things about being in the army, is interacting with so many people from so many different backgrounds and age groups, whom you;d never probably interact with otherwise. I had people a good decade older than me, who had to do what I said, simply because I was higherr rank. Simply because I joined the amry straight out of highschool, and they had taken a few years before coming in. I'd hear them say "I feel so old" quite often. lol.
Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to furry versions of characters... somehow, the furry version of Sherlock that sticks with me is a rodent. Anybody else remember "The Great Mouse Detective"? Or, before that, the mouse (I can never remember his name) in "The Aristocats"?

*Grin* 'Course, those weren't my favorite characters. I'd take Bernard and Miss Bianca over them any time. But my all-time favorite furry characters aren't animations. For that, I have to throw this into the ring: Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats. First saw it at his London theater, on that custom-designed stage. Seen it on stage twice more since then, and I own the video. Yes, I'm somewhat fanatical.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: Just the nut Reply with quote

Fanatical? Galadrion Fanatical would be seeing Cats through out it's entire production run (like that one fellow in NYC did which is creepy) that is Fanatical! Or insane I forget....ok so I'm old minded so Razz
btw Mike in case I miss your B-day I'll wish you happy one right now!! Happy BirthDay Mike!! (and your not old your just slowly ripening and blossoming with age like all good Expensive wines)

ugh I'm gonna hate the end of this month Sad

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
I have a tape of a live version of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe done by an English studio. There were some good fursuits in that.

Saw that. Aslan was quite well done. Unfortunately, Maugrim (Fenris Ulf, in the U.S. version of the book) wasn't. Crying or Very sad

And, IIRC, they did movies at least up to the Silver Chair.

A bit of trivia: Disney's Robin Hood is often credited as being the one catalyst that started the Furry fandom as we know it.

I still think Kevin Costner made a better Robin O' the Hood, tho. Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I still think Kevin Costner made a better Robin O' the Hood, tho. Mr. Green

GAAH! HEATHERN SWINE! HAVE AT THEE YOU OKIE! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: