Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

emails bouncing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: emails bouncing Reply with quote

Ever since the last system patch I have received nothing BUT spam and after checking Yahoo! Groups I learned that all mails from the groups I am a member of get bounced back.

Is there anything that can be done there?

Also anything from a gmail address is also defined as junk-mail. However, that might be my email programs doing.

Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: emails bouncing Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Ever since the last system patch I have received nothing BUT spam and after checking Yahoo! Groups I learned that all mails from the groups I am a member of get bounced back.

Is there anything that can be done there?

Also anything from a gmail address is also defined as junk-mail. However, that might be my email programs doing.

I just tried sending you an email from my gmail account and my planetfurry account. I haven't received any bounces yet, but if you get the messages, please reply to them.

One thing you may want to try is to go into your account settings site at http://planetfurry.com/user/ and reconfigure your spam settings. I've noticed some accounts of my own not transferring the old settings properly, so all I had to do was reset all the settings. Even if it looks okay, resubmit the settings to force the settings to save in the correct format.

As for Yahoo Groups, I thought we had fixed the issue with this a long time ago. Perhaps the settings I had for this didn't transfer over either. If you have a copy of the bounce message, please forward it to me so I know what proper action to take.

Also, concerning the gmail accounts being blocked, check to see if my message I sent from my gmail account was blocked or marked as spam. If it was, forward it to me with the headers intact.

My apologies for not reply sooner. I have been stuck at work for the past several days for 14-18 hour shifts, with very little time to work with the server. Hopefully the issue you're having won't take long to correct.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email with the bounce message from Yahoo to you.

I also tried looking into those setting and set the spam filtering to moderate but for some reason saving the new settings always failed. I'll try it again later.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm... okay... I think I found the problem with the Yahoo messages myself. Looks like I forgot to tell Mail (MacOS's email program) to take messages out of my mailbox when I get them and so my mailbox filled up nicely over the last weeks and was completely full.

I told Yahoo to unbounce my addy and now it is just a matter of waiting for what will happen. I'll keep you updated, whip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: