Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 8 is available at both sites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Chapter 8 is available at both sites Reply with quote

It's a short one, but it sets the stage for something that'll happen in Book II.

Book I will end with Chapter 9, which is finished, but I will not be posting until September.

Kinsfire

Galadrion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Loud, startled laughter!*

Seriously, that was my reaction to Kevin's... answer. (And if that doesn't intrigue people into reading it, nothing will!) Oh, this is going to be fun! And methinks Mama Talon is about to discover that being a cartoon character is no defense against cartoon tactics - Kevin strikes me as the type to favor humiliating attacks to damaging.

On a somewhat more somber note, the subject of this chapter coincides disturbingly with a book I'm now reading: Son of a Grifter, by Kent Walker (with Mark Schone). For those who've never heard of it, it's the story of Sante Kimes and her son Kenny - Kent Walker is Kenny's older half-brother and Sante's son. If you're remotely curious, here's a rediculous number of references, courtesy of Google. A seriously macarbe and Lovecraftian mother-and-son team, and not something I'm enjoying reading - but it's like a car wreck; I can't stop looking only partway through. And it sounds like Mama Talon is cut from the same cloth as Sante, and is trying to mold Irwin into another Kenny. Fortunately, with Kevin as a possible contact and grounding point, this Irwin may be able to switch from Kenny to Kent... or so I would hope.

Eesh. Such a ramble this is turning into, yesnomaybe? I guess that's an indication of how strongly you've touched on matters I hold to be of great importance. Never fear for this matter, Kinsfire: you've got me well and truly captivated by this tale. *Cough* As well as Serina. *Cough-cough* And everything else you've posted.

Thank havens for a reading speed comparable to download times - I'd never have time to do anything else, otherwise. *Grin* You ain't the only one with Enhanced Page Interface, Kinsfire!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
caspian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just see it,

"Mom, I do not want to be a super villian any more. "

"And why is that Dear."

"The pay off is not Worth it"

"What! Go to your room this instant and take your body gaurds with you. Who put this silly idea in your head?"

"Kevin"

"Well, we will just see about that."

just a picture. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Caspian Laughing

Last edited by caspian on Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's the fun aspect of Kevin not being able to do to her what he might to another opponent...remember, she's the mother of a person he's hoping to be friends with...which puts him at a severe disadvantage.

Humiliation, well, that might be a possibility, but he's got to be careful - "that's MY Mom you're picking on!" can be a very bad thing for him to hear - remember, Irwin plays with genetics. Can you see Kevin waking up as a tentacled pseudopoidal thingy?

(Hmm, an idea arises...no, bad Kinsfire! Might interfere with other storyline, and it's too late to change that one...yeesh! Talk about screwing with a character's life - just wait until you read Chapter 9!)

Kinsfire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: