Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cat in the House
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Name for the Cat?
Teasha
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Alana
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Kefira
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Caylith
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Celina
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Other
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

Journye

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormwalker wrote:
I like Caylith, for some reason. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series. Smile

You're very right Stormwalker, Caylith is a queen dragon from the series. not really mentioned in the body of the novels themselves, but is listed in the dragondex. She is from Ista weyr and her rider is Cosira. Heh sorry, but once you get me started on Dragon Riders of Pern I could go on for hours and hours and hours and...yeah you get my point =^.^='

Hehe anyway thanks for the name ideas and the voting everyone. My lynx will be closing the poll later this evening since we do want the little one to have a name by tomorrow since we are taking her to renfest tomorrow. She is so easy going she doesn't mind being on a leash or riding in a bag so long as she can poke her head out and look around. Well she is so easy going you can do about anything to her Confused different especially for one as young as she is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PrincessB

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVAGO wrote:

Okay thats all the names I got for now, Very Happy We own alot of animals, 3 cats, 10 dogs, and temporarily a cow and her calf until they are claimed, I used to have 11 dogs [neighbors killed one] a goldfish [neighbors killed her] and 5 more cats [they are wild cats we just feed them]

Sounds like my familys old days. We lived on almost 3 acres of land, a family with 4 kids and my dad was one of those kind hearts who couldnt stand to see animals abandoned to die so he brought home every abandoned animal he found throughout the day. We had something like 26 cats (all at one time we've had a couple hundred all together likely), 14 dogs (at one time again have had much more over the years), a horse, somewhere around 20 chickens, a half dozen rosters, 6 ducks, 2 peacocks (at one point had much more when the one gave birth but they all died), 3 rabbits, 4 or 6 fan tailed pigeons, 3 parakeets at once, a cocateil, a dozen gold fish (much more over the years), uncountable hampsters one gave birth once, a few guinypigs... Hmm I think that might be all! lol I think the animals used to eat more money than the family did! Often the job of naming them fell on me and at one point one of our cats gave birth and had 9 kittens and I got so tired of coming up with names (this was before I found babynames.com and started looking up names) I actually just named one set of twin Kittykat and Furball!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ash
Evil Henchman

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know? I've always wanted a cat called Other. It's such a nice name.
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHE SHALL BE REFFERRED TO AS QUEEN BOUDICA THE STRONG! LEADING HER FRENZIED ARMIES OF CELTIC FELINES AGAINST THEIR OPPRESSORS! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Um... I mean I think 'Boudica' is a nice name Twisted Evil

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JVAGO

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB wrote:
JVAGO wrote:

Okay thats all the names I got for now, Very Happy We own alot of animals, 3 cats, 10 dogs, and temporarily a cow and her calf until they are claimed, I used to have 11 dogs [neighbors killed one] a goldfish [neighbors killed her] and 5 more cats [they are wild cats we just feed them]

Sounds like my familys old days. We lived on almost 3 acres of land,

150 Acres here, we just bought it. Very Happy

Joshua Fox wrote:
SHE SHALL BE REFFERRED TO AS QUEEN BOUDICA THE STRONG! LEADING HER FRENZIED ARMIES OF CELTIC FELINES AGAINST THEIR OPPRESSORS! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Um... I mean I think 'Boudica' is a nice name Twisted Evil

*coughnutcasecough*
Did I mention Adilee? Or Niqi?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkeWolf

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked kefira...'iz gud Very Happy
Journye

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright furs we're going to leave the poll open till in the morning, not giving a time since I don't know when me and my lazy lynx will get our tails out of bed. Thank you all for your votes.
Leonato

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the 3 way tie still existing this morning, we flipped a coin. Caylith is our new cats new name Smile So, from now on, she is our little dragon cat Caylith. The funny part is, its sorta her personality. Thanks all for your help, ya narrowed the 5 down to 3 for us =^.^=

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ - And his Fox/Panther Mate,
Leonato and Journye

Leonato

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures of our new cat Caylith at the TN RenFest :)

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

?Why name something that will never come when you call her, anyway?

*grin* Feline joke. name her lady Marissa and just call her Mary.

Why? No idea, it just sounds regal.

Tigermark (Who seldom comes when he's called, either.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: