Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodbye IRS...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Good idea?
Yes.
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
No.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Maybe.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Didn't bother to read the bill.
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*G* Let's make this simple, "REPEAL THE 16TH AMENDMENT!!"

Without that, the IRS is totally unconstitutional, as is any income tax.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thane

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But then who will pay for the government?"

[/sarcasm]
Thane

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm astounded that two people actually checked the "didn't bother to read it" option.
Honestly... I didn't expect anyone to bother voting if they hadn't read it, and included that option only as a joke... Razz
Thane

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: "Goodbye IRS...?" - Revisited Reply with quote

Check out this link. I'm not yet sure if it's exactly the same thing as the bill I started this thread with, but it apparently operates on the same principle - tax spending, not earnings.

Here's the URL: http://www.fairtax.org/
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will always be a problem with that form of taxation though, the people of lower income will always be disproprtionatly taxed. They have to spend their money just to get by, the more money you have the less of a precntage of it you have to spend.
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe that we need to fix the current tax system we have, rather than trash it for anything that would be anywhere near like what both those sites are wanting. Find out where the money is being wasted and fix that.
Sylverwolfe

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of a total annihalation of the IRS and the installation of a flat Federal cosumption tax. It is already present anyway, as goods and services are taxed when the merchants have them and they pass those taxes on to the consumer in the form of increased prices.

The dern forms are such a pain in the neck to fill out. It would all be so much easier just paying x cents per dollar.

For those deemed indigent and needing a tax exemption it would be as simple as filing for an ID card.

I like what was proposed by http://www.fairtax.org (If I'm not mistaken)

The current system punishes small business people as it is they who shoulder the burden of the economy and it is they who don't have personal accountants that know all of the ins and outs to get around and skirt certain taxes, under the current system.
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that small buisness get the screws put to them is that large buisnesses often incorperate in the caribean inorder to avoid federal taxation. What we really needs to happen is to tighten taxation laws regarding home offices.
Sylverwolfe

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigurd Volsung wrote:
The reason that small buisness get the screws put to them is that large buisnesses often incorperate in the caribean inorder to avoid federal taxation. What we really needs to happen is to tighten taxation laws regarding home offices.

Those laws likely already exist. What really needs to be done is just enforcement of the existing law.

But because like every single Federal government program, it is bloated and swelling out of control, there is no accountability because there is no way for the left hand to know what the right hand is doing. That is one reason, among many, for the proposal for the annihalation of the IRS.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: