Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gold Digger 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Gold Digger 7 Reply with quote

Chapter 7 is available on both kinsfire.net, and my Planetfurry site. If you want to be able to use the chapter links at the bottom of the chapter, use Planetfurry - I'm still hunting down the problem on my main site...

Kinsfire

Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh - I likes it, I does. Very consistant, and very tantalizing.

Y'know, probably the least believable part of this whole yarn - and yes, I'm including the magical ultra-tech - is how calmly Kevin took that dillema he was faced with: a chance to meet and talk with Irwin and his bodyguards, or a barbeque with the Diggers extended clan. I'm not saying the choice was unbelievable - quite the opposite; I couldn't see him passing up an opportunity like that - but he displayed almost no regret...

As for the gaffe in the park - methinks that if Kevin is going to continue around these folks, he better start using some protective technomagic. While Daishi was quick enough to prevent a regretable mishap this time, he might be out of position next time - or he might even be the one to misread something. And I would hate to see the results should injury to Kevin lead to a falling-out between Irwin and one (or more) of his bodyguards. I get the feeling that things might get a little broken around the edges... like cities...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Heh - I likes it, I does. Very consistant, and very tantalizing.

Y'know, probably the least believable part of this whole yarn - and yes, I'm including the magical ultra-tech - is how calmly Kevin took that dillema he was faced with: a chance to meet and talk with Irwin and his bodyguards, or a barbeque with the Diggers extended clan. I'm not saying the choice was unbelievable - quite the opposite; I couldn't see him passing up an opportunity like that - but he displayed almost no regret...

It's one of those things - he was so excited at the chance to try to get to know Irwin, and maybe make his eventual play for being a reverse Darth Vader - "I'm not your father - turn to the light side" - that he didn't even think about the BBQ. He'll think about it a bit later on...

Galadrion wrote:
As for the gaffe in the park - methinks that if Kevin is going to continue around these folks, he better start using some protective technomagic. While Daishi was quick enough to prevent a regretable mishap this time, he might be out of position next time - or he might even be the one to misread something. And I would hate to see the results should injury to Kevin lead to a falling-out between Irwin and one (or more) of his bodyguards. I get the feeling that things might get a little broken around the edges... like cities...

Speaking as one who knows (in more ways than one Laughing), Kevin will make a mistake like that only once. You'll note he apologized to Zelda? (Don't worry, he has no romantic designs on her, but he is a healthy human heterosexual male, but she is kinda cute in an odd way...)

Whoops, I misread that the first time - I can't argue with you on that. Mind you, I'm not discounting that possibility that you mention. (Insert crater here...) I'm contemplating such (what GM wouldn't), and I'm currently uncertain who'd be the first of the bodyguards to break with Irwin, if it came to it.

Kinsfire

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
Whoops, I misread that the first time - I can't argue with you on that. Mind you, I'm not discounting that possibility that you mention. (Insert crater here...) I'm contemplating such (what GM wouldn't), and I'm currently uncertain who'd be the first of the bodyguards to break with Irwin, if it came to it.

...for that matter the first to break Irwin...although I'd imagine they've been 'programmed' not to harm him...

Kinsfire

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it comes down to that, I'm not sure the bodyguards would win. Irwin strikes me as the type to have some formidible tricks up his sleeve... holdouts that even they don't know about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, and one of those formidible tricks is that he has some sort of genetic hold on at least two of them - Zelda, and that mage whose name I can never remember.

I've decided to go with something we talked about on Mike's forum a few months back, and the opening salvo starts at the end of Chapter 8. At least, what she considers an opening salvo...

Kinsfire

caspian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting!
Honesty, a new aproach to relation ships. You know it might just work.

Casp

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really giving anything away when I say that you'll see how effective in Chapter 9...

Kinsfire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: