Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1000 hits, and some news

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: 1000 hits, and some news Reply with quote

Hey all.

The amazing thing happened. After only a month and a half on Planetfurry, I reached 1000 hits on my page. I must say that's enough to stun me rigid. Apparently, more people than those few who leave comments on this forum actually READ the story.

If so, I can only ask those of you who don't parttake in the talks here to speak up and take part. I really need your input as well.

So...it's time to lift the curtain a bit for some future developments. First of all, Maxx, being the wonderfully helpful fur that he is, is working on an art-gallery for me. Now...I concede it'll be fairly empty at first. I mean, I have two pictures...drawn by a friend of mine...and apparently, Maxx is making a picture too. But I hope that MAYBE in time...others will feel inclined to join in. That would be...absolutely awesome at least.

Secondly, I have had a few people contact me over MSN and Yahoo, asking me what I am going to do once Transitions is complete. After all, the end of that story -is- drawing nearer.

I might as well tell you all then. The next project I have in mind is to write the story that they are filming in the story. The roman epic, "Amat Victoria Curam". That, at least, is the -plan-. I hope that's to everyone's liking.

That's it from me for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1000 hits, and some news Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
The amazing thing happened. After only a month and a half on Planetfurry, I reached 1000 hits on my page. I must say that's enough to stun me rigid. Apparently, more people than those few who leave comments on this forum actually READ the story.

Well, from what I have seen of my own stories, if you get one comment for every 10 visitors, you can really count yourself lucky. One per 100 seems to be a more realisitic number. Sad
Aslaug wrote:
The next project I have in mind is to write the story that they are filming in the story. The roman epic, "Amat Victoria Curam". That, at least, is the -plan-. I hope that's to everyone's liking.

Shocked Now that is an interesting idea. I for one will certainly be impatiently waiting for the first scene...

Asalis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congradulations Asluaug. It just goes to prove how great a writer/author you are. Cant wait to see what you have planed next.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless said:
Quote:
Well, from what I have seen of my own stories, if you get one comment for every 10 visitors, you can really count yourself lucky. One per 100 seems to be a more realisitic number.

<laughs> Really? One percent sounds pretty good to me! Damn good, in fact.

Face facts, Aslaug. Your story attracts furs because it's pertinent, meaningful, and well written. If your art gallery really takes off (and I see no reason why it shouldn't, there's *lots* of good artists hanging out at PF), your pages will continue to grow and attract visitors.

How about some links to sites pertinent to the story? Resources furs can go to where they may obtain more information on facets of life portrayed? Your character of Jean presents a profound view of a situation many of us may know very little about. For example, in Tempesta Indomitus you wrote:
Quote:
"Jean LeBrun is a diagnosed transsexual. She's suffering from a serious physical gender dysfunction and she's having severe emotional trauma to deal with as a result," [Gabby] said and looked at the judge, "Jean is female, your Honor. Even science has proven that this is an inborn condition and not a matter of personal choice. Believe me, if Jean *could* she'd live a perfectly normal life but it's not an option to her. She tells me that often enough."
Where on line might a fur go to learn more about this?

Also in your story you touch on some interesting historical facts, especially with regard to ancient Rome. Any on-line resources for that?

I'm just thinking out loud, now. Guess I'll get back to chasing my tail.

SC

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:

How about some links to sites pertinent to the story? Resources furs can go to where they may obtain more information on facets of life portrayed? Your character of Jean presents a profound view of a situation many of us may know very little about. For example, in Tempesta Indomitus you wrote:
Quote:
"Jean LeBrun is a diagnosed transsexual. She's suffering from a serious physical gender dysfunction and she's having severe emotional trauma to deal with as a result," [Gabby] said and looked at the judge, "Jean is female, your Honor. Even science has proven that this is an inborn condition and not a matter of personal choice. Believe me, if Jean *could* she'd live a perfectly normal life but it's not an option to her. She tells me that often enough."
Where on line might a fur go to learn more about this?

I found some interesting articles about it on Wikipedia. And the comic Venus Envy is also quite relevant and enjoyable if not furry.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, SC...that's a very good idea. I will probably try to find some useful links.

The problem is there are a lot of very BAD sites out there about this. And fewer -good- ones. But I might find a few.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 hits, and some news Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
If so, I can only ask those of you who don't parttake in the talks here to speak up and take part. I really need your input as well.

Yes do speak up. This is a great story by a great writer. I don't want the same thing happening to her that happened to Rava.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava? What happened to Rava and...who WAS Rava?
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I can reassure you all. I'm writing on chapter 64 as we speak, so there's no chance it wont' be completed. Though I admit I have really run head first into one -tremendous- writers block lately. I'm sure it'll pass. It always does although it's taking its dear sweet time about it this time. One day I'll sit here and the ideas will just come back to me. It's how it works...it's how it always works.

So there's plenty of things for you guys to still read. Lots that still needs to be told.

And as mentioned, there's at least an -idea- for my next story brewing in my head.
Vee Are Are Schee
Mini-Boss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you write it, I'll probably read it, so go for it.

I mean, I read your post here, didn't I? Aw snap, I went there!
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike said
Quote:
Rava Purr is still around she just stopped writing Rava's story when all response to it stopped.

I somewhat resonate with this. While feedback is important and desirable, for some of us it is not why we write. Sometimes you just need to tell the story to assuage your own soul's desires, it's more important that you put it out there than it is for anyone else to actually see it and comment on it.

Were it not for my small group of friends (and I mean small, I can count 'em on one paw) I'd get virtually no feedback at all on my stuff. Yet that doesn't seem to impress me one way or the other too much. I keep writing, and the muse keeps whispering in my ear (or twisting my tail), and stuff gets done.

Rava should get back in the game. Her stuff was good.

Aslaug, unless I miss my mark, was at least initially driven to write by the story itself, not the feedback she's getting in her forum. Don't misunderstand, the feedback and commentary are great, but I don't think that's what got her started. Some stories just need to be told, and this was one of them.

<climbs off of soapbox> My two cents worth...

SC

Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoy! I'm behind the times here.

Congrats on the 1000 hits, Joan! I'm happy that your story is getting the recognition that it rightfully deserves. And now you're getting an art gallery? SC, TM, and I are going to be downright envious of you.

Keep up the great work and may your site receive another 1000 hits!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: