Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The largest furry story series!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saia Kferr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New stories! Thanks for the info all.

Also a note for Kodayu. I’ve finished my second novel “Breaking into the Light” since you originally did your count, posting the Epilog 05/02/05. Now I’m off to start another story. Smile

But before I go, a note to Drackmord. We all have stories in us. If you role play, if you dream, if you say “What if” to your friends you are a storyteller.

To go from a storyteller to a writer is not easy, but it is not difficult.

The part that is not easy is catching the firefly of your thought and holding on to it long enough to sketch it into words that will flare back into vivid detail in your mind when you return to it time and again to build the story.

The rest is just mechanics that you will always fight with, and never feel you have mastered.
Kronos, the Blacktiger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kodayu, have you evaluated the firestaff series on your own yet ? Smile
jsage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the firestaff series yet (give me time it's rather large) but I wouldn't discount it purely on the basis that the main character started as a human. Fox from A Fox in the Works also started off as a human. I think a better way to judge it is, how integral is his werecat side to the story and how large a part do furry characters play.
mwalimu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion. How about identifying the last chapter counted in the Largest Stories listing (by number, title, whatever). That way it will be easy to tell if a recently added chapter has been included in the size computation.

BTW, A Fox in the Works and Tanj's/Trouble's Tales have both just had chapters added. Zig Zag the Story and Identity Crisis had new chapters a month or so ago.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug's "Transitions" is missing. Judging by the size of the html files, it is in the 1.5 to 2 mill character range.
Kronos, the Blacktiger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guy's, since you have had more than a month to look into the firestaff series / Kael Chronicles what do you think of it ? Smile
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I'm starting to think mine would be pushing to get onto that list. When I get the second half of it underway (same story, just a sort of 'book 2' approach') it'll certainly end up being big enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fraikar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: FireStaff Reply with quote

Finished the Firestaff arc and am working on the next 'book' but ...

The werecat aspect is key to the story plus there's an entire nation of furries, an avian city, elven offspring plus the non-human Woodkin (which includes the weres, centaurs, fairy, etc)...

It's a good read, plan on spending a lot of time on it!
furryfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite finished with the Firestaff series yet (book 4, chap 12) but I would say that it definately counts as an exceptional furry story. The sheer size of the story itself is incredible, 21,415,670 bytes for just the 1st series. Kronos has been right on the money with his descriptions, and I'm not even done yet. Actually I've noticed that the story starts to take up a slight anti-human feel to it about half-way through the series, even though there are many connections and hidden references to our world. So that's my two cents; it should be included and made #1, considering its more than double the size of Journal Entries.
Drackmord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.perrirhoades.furtopia.org/
Omegano

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished reading the Firestaff Collection, and can say with full confidence that it is worthy to be on this list. The plot is a unique combination of many general classifications, with a few twists of it's own. It's setting has been modified (or personalized, or whatever the author wants to call it) to be a unique idea only vaguely identifiable to what it was derived from, and only by those that have some knowledge of it. The characters are given an identifiable personality, and it is done in a way to make them seem like actual people. Emotions aren't just stated, they are conveyed, and sometimes actually felt.

I have not read many stories that can engross me to the same degree that this one has. And few (if any) have caused me to write such a in depth or favorable review. I am quite serious when I say that if this story was edited for spelling, grammar, etc., it would have an excellent chance of being published. If you don't agree to that, if you think that it wouldn't sell, look for Eragon and Eldest by Cristopher Paolini in your local bookstore, and then rethink that opinion.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter.

Omegano

Superlagg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My story is getting pretty close, il make a tally in... a very long time when it is rewritten and back in making new chapters.
Shadu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

either i have a lot of time on my hands or read extremely fast. they are really cool books and i'm already waiting for the next chapters. if you guys finish it i recomend reading the smaller series there. subjugation is actually quite good and the other two (though they each have only one chapter posted) seem to bee just as good.

i've not posted before cause i have no internet conection. i had to download the whole series and i read it in something close to five days to a week i think.

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Schue just updated with another chapter in his Thorhammer series.
Did I say chapter? It's more like a book! 224 PDF pages for this 3rd part of "chapter 3" in "Season 4", and he equates that to 550+ pages of standard paperback format! #Shocked

Drackmord

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't this thing been updated in months?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: