Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IC is the largest furry story series online!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kodayu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
I need to remind you guys there is a huge difference in the size of a file depending on it's format. Comparing a ascii plain text file to a MS Word created HTML page or a PDF file is not a fair comparison. (...) I think word count is a far better yardstick.

I am well aware that the various formats create files of different sizes. That was why I converted all (!!!) the various files to plain txt, before comparison, no matter the original format (word, html, pdf, ...) The listing is as accurate and impartial as I could do.
I am well aware that there might be stuff out there that could even be larger, but I wanted to give credit to the furry writers who are currently publishing their stuff for the rest of the fandom. That was the original purpose of this whole ranking.

RodTerl

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Formats Reply with quote

Ive been trying to do bits of stories for years, theres a couple of stubs on my web site, theres several stubs on floppy, that Im trying to save, the different stories set in different universes, offered for WaterWings, TANJ, Tabitha, Sabrina.. and a couple even I finally managed to set in my own Universe,... well, the storyline that is. 8}

Congratulations Hikaru, hope things continue at least as good. 8}

Hmm.. My 4 favourite stories all listed together.. Sabrina, ZZ, IC an TANJ 8}
Well, Tabitha is a favourite too, but will take Chriss a while to get it to the size needed to be listed? 8}

Im trying to find one story, I litteraly wrote down, on paper.. so far its 36 pages long?.. normal A4 lined, and I only got as far as landing.. effectively the introduction.. but I dont know where its gone 8(

(60k raw text?)

As for PDF.. Hmm.. I think Ill let my consideration of its desireability be saved till Im standing in the middle of White Sands Test Range. With Bill Gates.

Cool

RodTerl

Yaaaayy....... Mad Story Writers Cool

kodayu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RodTerl wrote:
Yaaaayy....... Mad Story Writers Cool

Mad story writers rule! Very Happy

I updated the list once again, but there have been no changes for IC.
For further details see:
http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: