Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IC is the largest furry story series online!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kodayu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a thread in the Writer's guild now! Let's see what all the other writers have got to say about this...
I corrected the entry of the Wilderhom Triology. Thanks, shroom!
Actually I thought about making the ranking longer, but I have to admit that things get really problematic below a size of less than 1 MB, because there are simply so many series out there. On Yiffstar alone there are more than 300! And although I checked all of them it was an almost never-ending task just to find the largest among them.
On the other hand, the sizes are so close to one another that things such as long introductions or large, complicated copyright notes might begin to influence the results. I already do have mixed feelings about Wilderhom and The Chosen Few because they are only 700 bytes apart from one another (but I guess it's totally fair to give Cirrel the 6th place, just because the series is still ongoing).
And last but not least: Unfortunately I simply don't have that much spare time either... (After all I still have to write my own series to get a better position in the ranking) Wink
But as soon as I got the data of Thorhammer (I have contacted the writer), I will add two more series to make it an even 20.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copyright notices shouldn't be counted as they are not story content.

And if you set a cut-out of 1MB, that's all right by me.
(Gives everyone something to strive after)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. © shouldn't be considered story.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kodayu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I added Thorhammer now and it went straight to the top with a result one can hardly argue about.
Honest apologies to you, Hikaru! Sorry about this! Thorhammer simply passed by under my radar. That's pretty embarassing for me, making this ranking... Embarassed
I added two more series at the bottom to make it an even 20. So, let's just say that my limit was 0,75 MB (otherwise I would have to throw out the series at the end, which isn't such a great idea either.)
The thing with the copyright mostly concers the stories of the "Sabrinaverse". I guess Hikaru knows that problem. Wink I tried to ignore these where possible.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more stories for you to look at:

Gone Wylde by Concolor (1.8Mb)
From the Depths by Shirh Khan (1.8Mb)
Otherworlds by Pflarrian (1.5Mb)
Tale of two Sabrinas, Sabrina Squared, Sabrina^3, Sabrina^4 by Cheetaur (1.9Mb)

PDFs can be found on the Raccoon's bookshelf, HTML or text versions in different places. Sizes by my count, may not include the latest chapters.

kodayu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooph! Will be added... erh, next time!
But thanks for the info, Nameless!

kodayu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added Tale of the two Sabrinas, Gone Wylde, From Depths to Heights and Otherworlds now and once again the list has changed considerably. I guess from now on, I can just as well decide on a limit of 1 MB, because the list would just get too long if I tried to fit in every story above 0,75 MB. So Anthony was right!
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: IC is the largest furry story series online!!! Reply with quote

kodayu wrote:
15. Otherworlds
1.704.252 bytes
Otherworlds
Author: Pflairrian Collifox
Website: http://www.raccoons-bookshelf.com/Site/stories_non.html
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy
Content: The fox Dashell is through into another world. Unknown to him he has become the pawn in a game of gods...

Two things... no wait, three.

It's Pflarrian, not Pflairrian. Mike has a typo there on the Bookshelf.

Dashell is a wolf, not a fox.

Also, the content part might be slightly misleading since the story isn't really about Dashell but about Pflarrian.

kodayu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I corrected the name and the species of Dashell. If you know the series, it would be nice if you could send me a short summary, such as I tried to write (one or two sentences long). I just skimmed through the first three chapters, so I guess I didn't really get this. Just send me a PM or post it here. Thanks in advance!
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kodayu wrote:
I just skimmed through the first three chapters, so I guess I didn't really get this. Just send me a PM or post it here. Thanks in advance!

I'll try but no promises...

Edit: I just sent you a PM.

kodayu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it! Thanks, Tygon!
Once again, I have to apologize to Katayamma-san. Sorry, that IC is in the third place now that I took all of Kittiara's stories into account. Sorry! I hope that result will be somewhat sound for a while now.
(added a few more series at the lower down the ranks, too)

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No biggy. It's not a contest. Razz

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kodayu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..., yeah! But I have the feeling to mess up your forum.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sweat it. You stirred up some discussion in absence of a new chapter. I appreciate it.

Cheers

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to remind you guys there is a huge difference in the size of a file depending on it's format. Comparing a ascii plain text file to a MS Word created HTML page or a PDF file is not a fair comparison. I could take my story "Waves of Passion" and save it as bitmap files and easily make it 30gigs. Smile PDF is another bloat engine as far as size is concerned. It can take a relitively small 200k file and make it over a 1meg in size. (I hate PDF to the depths of my soul, but that is a different matter). An unfiltered MS Word document converted into html can result is a huge file even worse than PDF. Microsoft and others have created filters to reduce the size but not everyone knows this. I think word count is a far better yardstick.

Although if you are a real size queen, you need to read "In the Realm of the Unreal" since it has a few maginally furry characters and is 15,000 pages long, single spaced on a manual typewriter. It is considered the longest single novel ever written. It is quite the interesting story about the novel although the story itself is very wierd. The guy stared it in like 1906 I think and finished it just before he died in 1971. He was a janitor.

Heh, I din't relize Cheetaur's Sabrina series was so huge compared to others... I should though since I edited 2 and 3. Egad.

Sculptor, artist and writer.

Be sure to read my stories
http://www.cableone.net/kathmandu/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: