Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transitions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: "Please sir?...may I have more?" Reply with quote

Me want more!

Me want more!!

Me want more!!!

Damn, I'm jealous- and envious- and angry!
I'm jealous of Jean- I wish I had a charater in this story to fight alongside her- or maybe have her attentions!
I'm envious, cause Aslaug has written a damned good story! I wish I was so good! Crying or Very sad
I'm angry, because those bigots need to be taught a more viseral lesson- and I can think of a fur or two to give it to them!

But this is *very* good work, and a very good read! Damn, I'll be keeping track of this story!

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got out of bed, and I must say, if I had needed cheering up, this is just the way to get it.

Way back in October, when I started writing this story...I had just come home from the hospital after 2 weeks on my back. I wasn't able to walk properly yet, on account of having about 13 square inches of skin peeled off my thigh (believe me, grafts STING), and I was generally in an absolutely rotten mood.

I had just joined the forums at ZZ Studios, and I was in awe of people's writing. I decided, for the umpteenth time in my life, to sit down and write something too. Normally, I would write...maybe four or five chapters, look at it and say "Gahh, this is horrible, who'd READ this drivel" and delete it all. I must've done so a hundred times.

This time was different. Not because of me, but because of coincidence. 'Transitions' would probably have gone the same way, if I didn't have encouragement. Suddenly, one day, I had Tigermark pinging me on MSN. He'd seen some of my comments on the ZZ Studios forum and wanted to talk to find out what kind of fur I was.

We talked at length. He introduced me to two of his friends, Aramis and Silver Coyote. One of them...I can't remember who...asked me if I wrote, too. I told them I'd just started on a story...but I didn't know if it was any good. They asked to see it and very....VERY reluctantly, and after about a hundred promises they wouldn't laugh at me or look down on me or flame me...I sent it to them. I had only a few chapters written then.

An hour or two later, I had Silver Coyote back on Yahoo Messenger, and he talked to me for several hours. The others joined. They all encouraged me to keep writing. I did...but at first I didn't think I'd ever show it to the world. It was only because they asked me to get permission from the relevant authors.

I did...and now I'm here. And I admit I've been very nervous. But with the reception I've gotten...I'm almost overwhelmed.

Thank you all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story is really great. Definitely top-5 material. A real shame if you really deleted all those other stories and not just put them aside.

Your english is perfectly fine, I only found one mistake so far (except for Essteebaaan's lines). Wink
Chapter 8 wrote:
Gabrielle said down on one of the benches and leaned forward, supporting herself with her elbows on her knees.

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story. And I would love to see those three goons learn to not pick up the soap, several times. I hope Jean is alright and she recovers fully and doesn't go back into her shell. Esteban seems to be good for her so I think him being around will help with her recovery greatly. But one must ask what will this do to Gabby. She's blaming herself for something she had no control over. So what is she going to due and how will she change. She was already very protective over Jean now she's going to be constantly paranoid that something like this could happen to her again, which in truth could.

Definately a good story and I am definately hooked and you're reeling me in Aslaug.

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<big canine grin>

i KNEW it would fly!

Thanks for the flowers, Aslaug. I'll be reading along with all the rest.

SC

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*BIG tiger grin* That's all I can say.

Tigermark (And BIG tiger hugs to Aslaug)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: "Please sir?...may I have more?" Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:

Me want more!

Me want more!!

Me want more!!!

Damn, I'm jealous- and envious- and angry!
I'm jealous of Jean- I wish I had a charater in this story to fight alongside her- or maybe have her attentions!
I'm envious, cause Aslaug has written a damned good story! I wish I was so good! Crying or Very sad
I'm angry, because those bigots need to be taught a more viseral lesson- and I can think of a fur or two to give it to them!

But this is *very* good work, and a very good read! Damn, I'll be keeping track of this story!

-Shirh Khan

Good to hear you're around Khan, Mike said you were hot for Aslaug's Story I just got around to hearing it as Mike was editing.

WOW is it powerful!

It’s a symbol for female power and also for the rights of others to believe as they what as long as it harms no one else and that no one has the right to take that away from them. Which includes Sexual perferences of course.

I agree with the rest of you if any one wants a good read I would recommend Aslaug’s story.t Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Wink Wink

There I go getting on my soap box now that I’m off, lets make soap that way we can clean the world one person at a time.

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aslaug,

I'm our Librarians mate it has been my pleasure and privilege to see your work.

I’m sure that if Jean’s friends get their paw on the guys that hurt Jean they will never be the same.

Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Cool Cool Wink Wink

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am...in all honesty and modesty...totally awestruck by the reception I've gotten by you all. Next time I see Maxx Celis on Yahoo, I'll send him the next chapters so he can put them up.

Thank you once again. I never knew I could capture an audience like this. I mean...these are some pretty powerful statements, above.

I hope you'll continue to like the story. After the eleven chaptesr you've seen so far...things do begin to pick up pace and the real story starts to show, little by little.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vee Are Are Schee
Mini-Boss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... uh, wow. Conflagarious story. Got a nice number of tears out of me.

[insert large amounts of praise here]
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asluag, As I've told others over the last year we were all beinngers at one time and learn new things.

One of the most important things is a support group of some type were you can go to get feed back on what ever and were you can have fun. Wink Smile Smile

That is what we are freinds, support group, many of the long standing members even help out Mike with editing for The Bookshelf, me included.

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
Shadu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to chapter 12?!!! its not found OMG OMG OMG i have all these chapters and i can't read them

*runs around the room and finally crashes agains a wall knocking himself out*

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, problem fixed Smile

enjoy chapter 12

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Really great story.
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo bad guys down. To bad the screwdriver didn't inbed itself in the back of Watsons head. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 2 of 48

Jump to: