Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S4 Chapter 4 ...the long wait is over :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: S4 Chapter 4 ...the long wait is over :) Reply with quote

Mike finished the edits, which i see were few.......YAY me.

Anyway please have fun reading..Smile

Cheetaur Very Happy

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Chapter 4 Reply with quote

S4

Chapter 4: Heck of a day.

Max took what was a small group of envelopes out of his mailbox in the foyer of the apartment building he lived in. A dump was more like what you would call it. The paint was peeling from the walls and he could see where the water was coming in from the outside. He just wished he could afford a better place, it wasn’t that Heather didn’t pay well, it was just that he had run up a debt to the tips of his ears. Plus he had also indulged in an extravagant plan, one that he prayed would pay off.

Most of the letters were advertisements, junk mail and bills but one stood out, it was from a Tygon Panthera. Max smiled hoping this contained good news, Tygon’s email had been out for weeks and he hadn’t been able to get in touch with him.

He went upstairs to his lonely apartment. He threw the junk mail onto his kitchen table but kept Tygon’s letter to open. He found a knife and opened the letter carefully, inside was a letter and stapled to it was what he was looking for. He let out a scream of delight and then proceeded to read the letter.

Dear Max,

Sorry I haven’t been online as of late but our ISP closed up shop leaving hundreds in the dark. It’s been a struggle trying to get a new one. I should be on line soon but I suspect this letter will reach you before that happens. I was able to secure the tickets you requested, although I had to wait in line a long time but if your plans go as you told me then it was all worth it. Please keep me informed, everything is set here for your arrival, I hope you will enjoy your stay. Well have to go now, it’s late here. Talk to you online soon.

Tygon.

He couldn’t believe it, he felt the tickets, the paper between his fingers proved that they were real. Now all he had to do was one other thing and then talk to Sabrina. He put the letter down on his desk by his computer then went to shower, it had been a long day and he felt exhausted.

After showering he looked at the letter again and the tickets he had paid so much for, in his heart he knew that this was for him. It was time to take matters one step further, he only hoped that Sabrina felt the same.

Kathren Optex’s home.

Margrette sat watching her lover pace the pool, she sighed, she had lost count of how many times she had lapped it. Kathren was mad and when she was like this she jumped in the pool to vent. Kathren could quickly lap the pool and they had seriously thought about lengthening it, it was on the ‘to do’ list anyway. All this had happened yesterday after the arrival of a simple letter...

“They can’t be serious!!!” Kathren bellowed.

Margrette heard the commotion and rose from her bed, she had been resting until the shrill voice of Kathren echoed through their home. “Who?” she said addressing her lover.

Kathren stood in silence, “Oh...sorry love I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“It’s OK, now what is going on?” She moved into the kitchen to get a glass of water as she was suddenly thirsty.

“I got a letter from my parents.” Kathren said aloud.

“Oh that’s nice, how are they?” Margrette spoke from the kitchen, the water felt good going down.

“Oh they’re fine, you won’t believe this!! They’ve gone and enrolled me into the breeding program.”

Margrette spit out her water, “What program?” She wasn’t sure if she had heard Kathren correctly.

“Breeding program.” She responded sourly.

She came back into the living room and looked at Kathren, she could see she was obviously upset. “What is this breeding program? I haven’t heard of anything like that.”

Kathren sighed, “There are many species that are considered rare, such as ‘taur’s’ and others like me. So a council of our species put all eligible females of breeding years on a list. I was taken off the list because of my sexual orientation, but it seems the rules have changed some. Mother has put me back on the list and now they want to see me.”

“Your parents.”

Kathren shook her big head, “No the ones in charge of the breeding council, they want me to go in for testing.”

“Can I see the letter?” Kathren handed it to Margrette and she began to read, it was a long letter. In it was a precise count of the population numbers of her species, the Alaskan giant sea otter. The numbers were very low; to the point it really scared her. “Kathren these numbers...”

“Yeah, they’re really scary.”

“Are they accurate?” Margrette stared again at the low number in disbelief.

“I suspect not, but probably not far off.”

“This isn’t really good news.”

“I know it isn’t.”

Margrette sat down for a moment, “Well maybe you should go?”

Kathren turned and looked down at Margrette, “You know what they are asking me to do?”

“Oh...I know.” She patted her tummy.

“I can’t do this now, you’re ready to pop and you know I’m working at the gym full time now.”

“I know but they would understand about this, I know Kevin would allow you the time off.”

Kathren huffed, “I’ll think about it. Can I have the letter, I have a phone call to make.”

Margrette handed her back the letter.

In that passing thought it brought her back to the present and to her lover swimming like crazy. There was a limit to everyone and Kathren’s had expired three laps ago. Margrette got up and threw a huge towel into the pool right in front of Kathren. She hit it not even realizing it was there, she stopped and came up for air. “What!!”

“Enough...out now!!” Margrette said in a voice not to be argued with.

“But...”

“Now!” She said sternly, she wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

Kathren’s mighty but sleek form exited from the pool, she didn’t have a suit on which was the way she loved to swim. Margrette threw her another towel, “Wrap this around you, you know better than to swim without a suit in the daytime.”

“I know but I feel more relaxed.”

“I know you do but let’s not forget again, OK.”

“OK, why did you stop me?”

“You’re way over your limit and if you go under I’m in no condition to go rescue you.”

“I was fine.” Kathren said argumentative.

“No you weren’t, you were way too slow in crossing the pool, you were exhausted and don’t you try and tell me no... I know you were. I let you blow off steam, now it’s time to rest.”

Kathren sighed, “You really are on the ball today.”

“I have to be around you remember, you’re not so fun when you’re grouchy. So what’s got you all upset, you didn’t say anything last night in bed. I thought it best not to pry and let you sleep things off. It seems that things are not any where near resolution.”

Kathren took a few steps back and shook, water went everywhere almost hitting Margrette. She took a step back, knowing another shake was sure to follow. Kathren sat at the pool side table, a gentle breeze blew by as she relaxed in the large patio chair, the shadow of the huge umbrella above them kept the sun at bay.

“I called my mother last night to see what’s truly going on. Seems the low numbers of our species is making everyone very nervous and they are calling on everyone. Even those who have been rejected before; which includes me.”

Margrette raised an eyebrow, “Yes you mentioned that they rejected you because of your sexual orientation?”

“Yes, being a lesbian had been an immediate withdrawal from the system, it’s something our species abhors. Now however it seems that they’re desperate.”

“I guess the question is how do you feel about it?”

“That’s the whole thing, I don’t know how I feel about it, the timing stinks; if you think I’m leaving you when you are so close it ain’t going to happen.”

“I never would think that, I would of course go with you.” She smiled brightly as she said it.

“Oh no...you’re not traveling now.”

“Why not? The kit can be born anywhere, as long as you are by my side I don’t care where we are.” It was quiet for a few moments then Margrette spoke again, “You want to do this don’t you?”

Kathren looked into her lovers eyes, she’d give anything for her but she didn’t want to make her uncomfortable in anyway. She didn’t want her to travel in the condition she was in really, it wasn’t fair for her to be so inconvenienced. She knew her people needed her and she wanted to help but the timing was so bad. She remembered back when she got the letter of her withdrawal from the list, she was extremely upset; enough to write a very nasty letter back to the council in retaliation. The following letter was blatantly specific to her and attacked her personally; it cut deep. She left her home soon after that, knowing she was not wanted anywhere near any of her own kind. So she had become a free spirit doing what she wanted and finding love in time. Males had approached her but she brushed them off, they soon knew they didn’t have a chance with her. Now the ones that had blatantly rejected her wanted her back only because she could have children, what an ironic mess. In all of this her inner emotions had stirred all the while that her mate Margrette was carrying. She wondered what it felt like, to have a small wonder growing within her. She guessed it was nature calling her and now so were her people. It didn’t seem fair.

“Yes love,” she sighed, “but not at your expense; that kit within you has a destiny. It’s come a long way to be born and I will not jeopardize that.”

“You worry too much, I’ve been to the doctors and they say I’m doing fine; everything is as it should be.”

“But traveling?”

She raised an eyebrow, “OK, let me consult with my doctor, if he says it’s OK will you consider going to see your parents?”

There was silence, “I’m going with you.”

Margrette smiled and winked, “Oh that was a given.”

Endora’s Parents home.

“Endora what...how?” Kathy frost said.

“Let me come in and I’ll explain.” Her mother stepped aside and let her pass, she spied the kit Endora clutched so lovingly in her arms and wondered.

“Who was at the door Kath?” Endora heard her father shout from the outside.

“It’s Endora!” She called back.

In a moment he appeared, “Dora, what on earth?”

“Hi dad.” She went over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I’ve brought someone for you to meet, someone that is very close to both of you. But first I think you better sit down for what I’m about to tell you it’s somewhat of an odd tale.”

Victor looked at his daughter with great question; for her to travel here he knew something major had happened, “Before you tell us everything maybe we should have a little talk first. Kathy dear put on the kettle for some tea and a few cookies; we’ll be right back.”

“OK.” Kathy seemed puzzled but moved away towards the kitchen, Victor motioned to Endora to follow him. When they entered into her parents bedroom he closed the door. Then he softly spoke, “Well she won’t hear for the moment but she’ll want to know what we talked about.”

“Dad?”

“I think I know what you’re going to bring up and I can save you the trouble, don’t.” He said sternly looking her right in the eye.

“Dad!!”

“Dora Kathy has left that time behind her and for most of it she has forgotten, if you bring your aliens and time traveling story back up it’s only going to upset her. We’ve had the argument before.” He wasn’t pleased as Endora could plainly see.

“Well things are very different now!”

“How?”

“Well for one thing I’d like you to meet Autumn...your daughter.”

He stood there quiet, shocked at what his daughter had just told him. “What?”

“Autumn is my sister, my twin sister...the one that supposedly died when I was born.” She stood there holding her ground as he moved over and sat on his bed.

“That’s not possible! I saw her at the time, she wasn’t alive.” He exclaimed looking up at her.

“Here.” She handed him Autumn. “She is very much alive.” He gently cradled her, it had been a very long time since he held an infant. “Technically she is yours but I’m not here to give her to you, your time as parents has passed but I wanted you to know who she is and how she came to be. Mother deserves to know as well, that’s why I’m here.”

Victor looked at the young kit in his arms, his heart was filled with strange emotions. He remembered the first time he had held Endora for she looked exactly like Autumn. It was the best day of his life, although he knew in his heart he wasn’t her biological father, it didn’t matter, he had a daughter that they could love. He had felt remorse that the other one hadn’t made it to live along side of her sister but it was not to be; or was it. “How?”

“Believe it or not the creature that did all this to mom rescued her.”

Victor looked up at Endora with shock. “Huh?”

“Not quite her, a future version of her, it seems she has grown a conscience and went back and resuscitated Autumn and presented her to me the other day.”

Victor sighed, he had thought that all this time hopping stuff was finished; having his grown up daughter show up years older was nothing he ever expected. Now she was telling him again of things that were beyond belief, but in his arms was positive proof.

“It seems all so implausible but...” he sighed, “you picked a lovely name for her.” He gently scratched her nose.

“I’ve always like Autumn so it seemed a natural name for her.”

He stared up at his grown daughter, heavily pregnant again. He hadn’t seen her in awhile and her sudden appearance here had him a bit out of kilter. “I know what you want to do but I don’t think it’s a good idea right now.”

Endora’s feet were aching so she sat herself down beside her father. It wasn’t an easy task but she managed, when she finally got herself composed she was ready to confront her father. “I didn’t come here to be silenced again dad, I’ve had enough of you and mother ignoring Swallow and the others, it’s time for you to make a decision.”

He looked down again at Autumn, “I made that decision a long time ago, I really was a fool to think I could deceive you for so long. I did it out of love for you.” Small tears flowed from his eyes.

To see her father breakdown something had to be very wrong, Endora didn’t have a clue as to what was going on, “Dad?”

“Dora, you’ve had so much stuff going on, the clone thing, time travel, aliens; it wasn’t fair of me to burden you with more things.”

“Dad... something’s wrong isn’t it?”

“Yes, very...” he found it hard to say the words, “your mother is suffering from dementia.”

Endora’s eyes went wide, “Dad?”

He lowered his head and didn’t look at Endora, “I’ve known for quite awhile, I really should have told you but as I said I didn’t want to burden you with anymore problems.”

“Dad!! She’s my mother!!!” Endora cried.

“I know... but it was my decision not to tell you. So you have every right to be angry with me.”

“Dad I don’t understand, why didn’t you tell me?” She was angry and she knew her father could see it plain as day.

He sighed, “Your mother has been sick for a long time now, I’ve only known for a few years. She has become set in her ways and I seem to understand how she thinks. She doesn’t understand about these clones and the others, in her mind you are her only child and that’s it. From what I can understand now these others don’t really exist to her, in fact I’m sure she doesn’t even remember them.” He paused for a moment, Autumn had decided to stretch and she was wiggling so much he had to concentrate to hold her. As Autumn calmed back down he resumed talking, “Endora I wanted to tell you but you had so much on your plate that you didn’t need one more thing worrying you.”

“Dad I could have helped you. I’m shocked you didn’t inform me.” She glared at him, showing her disapproval in his decision.

“Dora, dear, I love you very much and I know we haven’t been the closest family, not as of late that’s for sure. But me bringing Kathy to see you would have caused a lot of problems, Warren I suspect isn’t too happy about you coming here and in a way I don’t blame the fur. We’ve caused him more grief than he really deserves. Your mother can be very... well stubborn and more so now with this disease. So having us get together wasn’t going to happen and as you have seen I saw to that.”

Endora just sat there speechless, “Dad I’m not going to argue with you, what’s done is done. I will say I don’t approve of what you have done but that’s water under the bridge as of now.” She took a deep breath and took in the information her father had told her. She was very angry with him but she had to put that behind her, her mother needed her now and so did her father. “So what’s mom’s condition, what do the doctors say?” She didn’t know what to think now all she could do was listen.

“They have her on a medication to try and help her but it’s only a temporary thing. It’s not to say that she doesn’t have good days when things seem to be working OK, but there are more bad days when she is totally lost in a world she once knew well.” He took a breath, “If you are wondering if she knows, I cannot say for certain but I think she realizes that things are not quite right. I do a lot of things she once did, more cleaning and cooking. I’m thinking of hiring a cleaning service but I don’t know what she’ll do with a stranger in the house.”

Endora sat silently, “Dad the aliens might be able to help her?”

He sighed, “Maybe they could but can they repair the damage that has already been done?”

“I don’t know Dad but I think it’s something we should look into, if they do come here it would be best if we limited how far they have to travel. That would mean for you to bring mom to my place for a bit.”

He looked at his daughter so full of love, “Dora this was the one thing I didn’t want to do, not now while you are in the family way and now with this little one.”

“Dad, this has been your problem all along, now it’s our problem. If the aliens can’t help mom, well then we’ll deal with that when they give us their diagnosis. Dad it might mean you would have to move back to Ohio.”

“Well I had considered that...” he paused then gently spoke, “I did what I did because I love you and Warren, you have your own lives and you didn’t need more problems. This was beyond what I thought you could handle now, I’ve been considering telling you and well if something had happened to your mother I would have come out and told you. We are coping OK for now, but that is changing, now that you know I feel better. It wasn’t easy trying to keep this from you.”

Endora put her arms around her father and gently hugged him, “I love you so much dad, we’ll get through this.”

“So how are you going to explain this one,” he looked down at Autumn, “to your mother?”

“We’ll just say she’s part of the family and see how she accepts her, maybe down deep she’ll realize that there is a bond there, one that can never be truly broken.”

He smiled, then something popped into his head, “How the heck did you get here?”

She grinned and began to explain.

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Part 2 Reply with quote

Ottawa Ontario: Heather’s Computer Emporium.

Sabrina got off the bus with all the other commuters; it was the only other option since her car died. The mechanic said the car wasn’t worth putting any money into it and so the wrecker came and gave her 50 dollars for it. So now the only transportation she had was the bus, she hoped to save up for another car but right now that was not in the cards.

The rain just put more of a dampener on her day as she made her way to the back of the store. It wasn’t due to open for another couple of hours. She was surprised to see Max’s car there, she wondered when he had gotten here. She knew he was busy along with the new person that Heather hired part time, Felix a porcupine of all things. He had to wear a special coat that covered his quills so he didn’t accidentally skewer someone. He was nice but quiet. She entered and reset the alarm, Heather had stressed that the alarm had to be reset each time if they came in early. There had been a number of break-in’s around here and she felt that she was next on the list. She sighed, after that speech she had to do an inventory count, just in case something did happen.

She hung up her coat and then went to find Max, it wasn’t too hard he had a computer apart in the lab.
“Hey early bunny.” She said trying to sound up.

He smiled back, “Guess I could say the same thing, early skunky.”

“Well if this sale is going to go off right then things have to be moved around to the cargo area soon and that means me, Hector and Heather have a lot of work to do.”

“Yeah I understand, it will be good to get rid of this surplus stuff.”

“Tell me about it, some of this stuff is years old, although I’m not sure why she wanted that Amiga thing put on E-bay.”

“It’s rare and its in mint condition, still in the box, never been powered up, it will get a good price on there. More diverse crowd on there than around here.”

“Ah...”

“So don’t drop that one, it could be most of our profits.” He grinned.

“Gotcha.” She smiled and was happy to see him, she wondered what he was thinking when he looked her way. She put aside her love sickness and decided it was time to get down to business. “I’ll talk to later.”

“Yup, I’m sure you will.”

She left wondering why he said that, it was strange. As she entered into the retail part of the store she saw a bunch of balloons on the counter. It was odd they were all the long sausage type and they were all horizontal, just floating there. On them she could see a card, she took a peek wondering if they were for her. Hector had a habit of leaving nice things for Heather and she guessed that these were probably for her; she was wrong. The card read,

Hi Sabrina, up for a balloon ride?
Love Max

She didn’t understand and went back to see him, now she understood why he had said that. “Max!” She called out as she went back into the lab to find him relaxing in his chair.

“Yes Sabrina?” He grinned.

“OK, what’s all this about...what balloon ride?”

“Well...this might explain more.” He handed her a pamphlet, on its cover was a giant version of the balloons she had just seen; an airship. “Huh... this is the thing you talk about all the time isn’t it Max?”

“Yeah, that’s Freedom, the largest thing to fly in the world.”

“OK... so what’s that got to do with me?”

“Well it seems Sabrina that you and I have tickets aboard her.”

Sabrina’s eyes went like saucers. “What!!”

“Yes we are booked to leave on Freedom, 6 weeks from now.”

She stood there silently then something came to her, something that Max had said about the airship. Seems she didn’t put it all that information away to be forgotten. “Ah...didn’t you say that thing flew around Europe mostly.”

Now it was his turn to be surprised, he thought for sure she wasn’t listening when he talked about Freedom and her sister ships. “Yes that’s true Sabrina but Freedom is opening a new route between there, Lakehurst New Jersey and Toronto. That’s where we’ll get on.”

She didn’t know what to say, then something else occurred to her, “Max you can’t afford this!!!!” Now as she thought about it, the tickets for this ride must cost a small fortune.

He rubbed his neck, in a way she was right but there was a little something she didn’t know. “Well I had some help in getting the tickets as it turned out there was a promotional thing going on for it. That’s not to say they were super cheap but they were far less than they were normally. The catch was that you had to get them in person and only on a certain day and time.”

“Max?”

“No it wasn’t me, a friend in Germany got them, Tygon is his name and he stood in line for hours to get them.”

Sabrina sat down for a moment and thought about things, “Max this is really nice but I don’t know about this, this is going to leave Heather really short handed.”

Max smiled, he had everything in paw, “Well who do you think OK’d all this first, Heather knows the whole story. One of the main reasons she’s having this sale is to allow her to take it easy for a bit. She’s going to make an announcement soon that the store will be open only every other day, a slow down of sorts. The sale is to get a lot of customers in and buying then she can relax a bit. She feels that she needs to help Hector get the house ready, theirs is almost complete. Although they still have some decisions to make and she thought this would be a good time to do it.”

Sabrina sat there stunned, a ride in an Airship, “OK...so where is this thing...I mean where is Freedom taking us?”

Oh this was good he thought she’s accepted it, “Well the ship will have passengers from Germany on board either doing a round trip or getting off at Lakehurst. There isn’t anyone getting on at Lakehurst, this time round. Then the ship will fly into Toronto for a week stop over; since this is its first official trip to Canada it will fly towards the Maritimes then fly up from there to Toronto. It will pass over a lot of communities along the way, it has also gotten permission to fly quite low to give the people a good look at the ship. The week stop in Toronto is for VIP’s and the general public to have a look at it. I’m sure there will be thousands there when she first lands.”

Thousands she thought, “So we have to go to Toronto?”

“Yup, I’m renting a car, mine I’m not too sure will really get us there; it’s OK for around here but not a long trip.”

“OK, so how far are we going? To Lakehurst?”

Max smiled, “Nope we have a round ticket.”

Sabrina just sat there in silence, it was all a bit much. “We’re going to Germany?” She muttered after a moment.

“Yup, we will be staying with Tygon for about a week and a half. Then the Freedom 2 will depart back to stateside, then back to Toronto. All in about 4 weeks and through it all we will be very busy.”

“Woah... that is quite the holiday. So Freedom huh, you said this thing is the largest thing to fly?”

“Yup 900 ft plus and easy on the stomach for traveling, it will be more like drifting across the ocean.”

“Really?”

“Airships travel at a much slower speed than jets, so you get to see the scenery go by. You’ll love it.”

“And I can see you will too.” She raised her eyebrows seeing his excitement.

“You won’t believe it when you see it Sabrina, it will take your breath away.”

She wasn’t so sure, “Well we’ll see when the time comes, well this is definitely something to look forward to.”

“Oh yeah.”

She sighed, “OK seems my big surprise is over and now it’s back to reality, time to move some stuff.”

“Yup...you won’t believe how many times I almost spilled the beans.”

“I can believe it Max, when you start talking about those airships it’s hard to get you to stop.” She smiled for she knew it was something that he loved, now it seemed he was going to live his dream and she would be right beside him. “This friend of yours ...”

“Tygon.”

“Yeah Tygon, he has room for us both, I mean I don’t want to impose on him.”

“Yup, he said not a problem. Don’t worry Sabrina things are all taken care of, all you have to do is ride and enjoy yourself.”

“OK, now I must get back to work or our buff skunktaur will have my white butt on a platter.”

He laughed.

British Columbia:

“Well I’ve told the satellite in far orbit to begin mapping for a jump here and then to relay the message for my people to come. They will bring all that you have asked for but I do not know when they will arrive, they could be here now for all I know but I’m guessing later.”

Mother nodded, “We can’t wait for them, we’ll have to go to the farm, we only have so much time before prime one awakens.”

“I have a question about prime one.” Lyja said as she sat down on the couch.

“I’m listening.” Mother said.

“How mentally developed is prime one?”

“Not very, her growth was stimulated to almost the age you saw her in the tank. She can’t speak and only knows hand gestures for things.”

“I see, so all these replicas are blank so to speak.”

“Yes.”

Lyja just sat quiet for a moment, “Then my people are going to have their hands full, I think you better explain to them what they are in for.”

“Oh they’ll know and don’t forget Alison and I will be going back with you and these extras.”

“Oh I haven’t forgotten.” Lyja clicked the remote that brought the television to life and turned attention solely to it.

Mother huffed and went into the kitchen, “She thinks we’re going to pass this off.”

Alison could feel Mothers anger, “Mother she has no reason to trust us, remember she is here to watch over us. It is her duty not to trust.”

“I don’t like it, we will help those creatures.”

“I know, we will in our own way but she is correct we will need the Zargozians help, a lot of help.” Alison was worried about them. “Do you really think they all can reproduce the same way?”

“Yes I do and that’s why I wanted them off this planet. If I let prime one loose in years there would be hundreds of thousands of them, you’ve seen the proof of that.”

“Yes that has me very worried.”

Lunch Time at Heather’s Computer Emporium

Max bit into his carrot, looking almost constantly at Sabrina across the table. Today he couldn’t keep his eyes off her, it was hard trying not to seem like he was staring. The trip was set and so now all he had to do was one more thing and that wouldn’t be ready for at least a week. He sighed and crossed his fingers, this he hoped would work out just as he planned and so far it had.

Heather and Hector came into the room which didn’t leave a lot of breathing space. The two buff taurs together looked almost identical, the main change was in the chest department where Hector was broad; Heather was both broad and busty.

Max just looked at Sabrina and she shrugged, she had no idea why they were trying to squeeze into such a small room; it seemed odd.

“Heather this is looking too much like a black and white movie.” Sabrina said jokingly.

Heather smiled, “Good one, nice that you are both here Hector and I have something we want to tell you.” Heather looked at Hector, she thought it best if he came out and told them. He looked bewildered for a moment then took over speaking.

“Well... you two have been doing such a great job here at the store, we thought we’d offer a perk to working for us.” Hector smiled, “Well you know our house is almost done and we’ll be moving in soon, so Heather and I would like to offer the basement apartment to you.” He grinned and Heather grabbed his paw.

Sabrina dropped her sandwich and a carrot could be heard hitting the floor.

End of Chapter 4

“Come and knock on our door, we’ve been waiting for you....”

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Surprised You don't plan to do a "Crimson Skies" crossover, do you?
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Huh Nameless Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean?

Cheetaur

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, look up Tygon's story "Furry Skies".
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Cheets. I don't remember if you've said, does the rigid dirigible use hydorgen or helium for lift?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Airship Reply with quote

They are a fasination with me..heh

To answer your question Cateagle this one uses helium for lift/ just wish i knew my science better, i'm sure there are new types of gases out there that we probably use instead.

But i think we all know why max want to take Sabrina with her......hehehehe

Cheetaur Laughing

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Airship Reply with quote

mfwhite wrote:
They are a fasination with me..heh

To answer your question Cateagle this one uses helium for lift/ just wish i knew my science better, i'm sure there are new types of gases out there that we probably use instead.

But i think we all know why max want to take Sabrina with her......hehehehe

Cheetaur Laughing

Actually, no, there aren't any better chocies from a viewpoint of lift and safety, unless you can make a really rugged, but light, hull and just pull a huge vacuum in it. I don't think, though, that any structure that could hold that vacuum would be light enough to fly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a GIANT buckyball be rigid enough to hold a vacuum? I assume anyway that they're hollow (carbon sphere).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter Cheets, I wondered why Endora's parents wanted nothing to do with the clones, cant wait for the next chapter Smile

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Chapter Four Reply with quote

Hmm...

I wonder just what plans Mother has for the clones she's created, and how they'll help-- or be helped by-- the Zargozians. I also want to know what the purpose was for Mother creating them in the first place-- with the inherent danger of a self-replicating clone- giving 'birth' to others exactly like it-- I can't imagine that the purpose was originally any good.

Good chapter, Cheetaur- I'd also wondered by Endora's parents were so standoffish. And I wonder what Kathren's response to her tribal council will be. My own opinion would be to tell them all to "*#$&! off!" that they would be so self-righteous as to act as they did, then have the temerity to ask her to come back and help rebuild the population-- and, not so subtly repeating the injury of insulting her sexual orientation- "You're still a breeder, so come back and forget that lesbian stuff, and come make some babies for us!"

I'm waiting with baited breath-- I mean, bated breath-- for more!

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that at least Kathren should have told them that if they should send the prospective 'studs' to her or that they should at least pick up all the travel costs.
I don't know if their request has any legal standing, that is if they can require her to breed, but if not I'd probably tell them to f*** off until they appologize...

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
Would a GIANT buckyball be rigid enough to hold a vacuum? I assume anyway that they're hollow (carbon sphere).

WEll, since a buckyball is just a large carbon molecule (C26), that by itself wouldn't do it. Now, building a composite hull out of buckyfibers may eentually be possible, but that's a fair way off in terms of means nad echnology.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chapter Four Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:
And I wonder what Kathren's response to her tribal council will be. My own opinion would be to tell them all to "*#$&! off!" that they would be so self-righteous as to act as they did, then have the temerity to ask her to come back and help rebuild the population-- and, not so subtly repeating the injury of insulting her sexual orientation- "You're still a breeder, so come back and forget that lesbian stuff, and come make some babies for us!"

I'm waiting with baited breath-- I mean, bated breath-- for more!

-Shirh Khan

I was also thinking that given her species hatered of homosexuality If Katherine did go back to breed, would they allow her to keep the kit? Or would they deem her an unfit parent because of her sexual preference?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: