Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going back to work, and in more ways than one!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asalis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congradulations are in order. Hope things return to normal for ya. And I was hopping to ask you something though this may not be the apropriate thread to ask but its a question for advice on a story I've started and wanted to connect to the Sabrinaverse. I have no plans on character cameos to appear in it though.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Please, please tell me that PA got rid of that 55mph speed limit. I don't think I could handle being a company driver at half my normal speed.

Dude, years ago! Circa 1993 or '94 Smile

Quote:
Good to hear about the job, though. Hope [winter holiday of your choice] went well.

Thank you!

Christmas, and thank you, it wasn't bad at all Smile

CR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asalis wrote:
Congradulations are in order. Hope things return to normal for ya.

Thanks! Here's hoping!

Quote:
And I was hopping to ask you something though this may not be the apropriate thread to ask but its a question for advice on a story I've started and wanted to connect to the Sabrinaverse. I have no plans on character cameos to appear in it though.

Feel free to drop me an email if you'd like!
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Going back to work, and in more ways than one! Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
So I can go back to work on The Story tomorrow!
Yay!! Applause

Yay indeed! Smile

Quote:
Good for you. The field service outfit I'm subcontracted to has very sporadic calls (been a couple months since the last one) for me in this area of Northern MN. BTW, I've had to drive over 200 miles one way to do one service call (a few times, a year ago, and some were repeats) Rolling Eyes . At least they paid me mileage for my car.

I'm racking up the miles, lemme tellya what. One day I did JUST shy of 400! Rest run around 300-ish, sometimes less. I keep thinking, "37 1/2 cents per mile" Smile
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Hound wrote:
Glad to hear you got a good job. Maybe you can talk them into getting you a Stryker APC to drive to work. If you saw a deer just hit the gas. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I love the way you think! Twisted Evil
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Fox wrote:

Glad to hear that things are finally looking good for you and your family.
Hope it stays like this for a while, maybe longer. Gee.. Do yourself a favor
and scrap windows, get Linux and StarOffice. It's free, it's stable and up to
40% faster than Bill's crud. Well of your selection of applications permits it,
then go fur it.

Trust me, I would if I could. I *do* have a Linux box running Redhat 7.3, but the motherboard's wonky (AT form factor) and it's not working well anymore Sad

Not to mention I and the family have too much stuff on the Windows PC and it'd freak everybody if I did.

Which might not be a bad thing Smile
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racky raccoon wrote:
well done my friend. i knew it couldnt last long!

I was determined it wouldn't be! Smile

Quote:
wow i bet that crash was a scary thought, i think i may take my own precousions on my PC i dont need stree like that lol.

Scary it was! I hadn't backed up yet!

Quote:
Man i hate being late on EVERYTHUNG Mad (you know what i mean Rolling Eyes )

It's okay man, they make pills for that Wink

Quote:
Cant wait for an update Wink you for two reasons (you wil just have to check later to see what im on about)

Cool, I love surprises!! Smile

Well, as long as they don't take down my PC or run in front of my minivan ...

Quote:
*shakes paw WELL DONE CHRIS*

*shakes paw back* Than keeeeeeeew!
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Glad to hear about the job. Nice to know things may be getting back to normal for you. Smile

Thanks, Bear! Here's hoping against hope!
(whatever that means) Smile
mwalimu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to year you've got work and money coming in again. Hope you enjoy the work. Get yourself a decent car CD player, preferably one that's mp3 capable, and you can listen to all the music you want, or to some of Leonato's story readings, if you prefer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the work. And don't feel to bad about the miles. The last job I had took me all the way up to Green River, Wyoming. But now on to something more serious (or at least to me). Who oh why are you not published? I just recentlly found your web site and have since discovered the sabrinaverse. I just finished read both Sabrina online and Tabitha stories(started Wednesday last week) and enjoyed doing it. Razz Keep up the good work.

D.F. Thompson

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the job Chris...hopfully we'll get too see you at MFM 05 that year...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Great to year you've got work and money coming in again. Hope you enjoy the work. Get yourself a decent car CD player, preferably one that's mp3 capable, and you can listen to all the music you want, or to some of Leonato's story readings, if you prefer.

Actually I had one, a gift from a fan from whom I purchased a used laptop, he threw that in along with some legacy goodness Smile Unfortunately while we were on vacation last year or year before, it took a drop of only about 8 inches and it hasn't recognized a CD yet Sad

Today at Sam's Club I found a display model on sale for $35 with carry case and behind-the-head-style headset. Hoping it works!
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.F. Thompson wrote:
Congrats on the work. And don't feel to bad about the miles. The last job I had took me all the way up to Green River, Wyoming. But now on to something more serious (or at least to me). Who oh why are you not published? I just recentlly found your web site and have since discovered the sabrinaverse. I just finished read both Sabrina online and Tabitha stories(started Wednesday last week) and enjoyed doing it. Razz Keep up the good work.

Thank you! I will, I promise!
In fact, working on Chapter 50 as we speak Smile

Sorry all, been busting through the wall of writer's block, fatigue, and constantly getting sidetracked -- sometimes I've got the attention span of a hyperactive 5-year-old on Pixie Stix.

The miles I'm taking in stride. Sure, I'm back to doing an oil change every month again, and I've had a couple of days in which I broke 400 miles (hit 500 pulling back into my driveway one evening!). But as I drive I watch each mile tick over, and I keep thinking "Forty and a half cents, forty and a half cents ... " Smile

Chris
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Fox Stone wrote:
Congrats on the job Chris...hopfully we'll get too see you at MFM 05 that year...

I'd love that myself!!

But if I do ... and that's IF I do ... there's no way in heck I'm driving! At least by myself! Did that at MFM-7, never again!!!

See, I even italicized the exclamation marks, so you know I'm serious Smile

To attend MFM this year, I'd have to afford a plane ticket, a place to sleep, food, beverage, and art. Might be a toughie. Plus I'm hoping to at least make at least an appearance at Anthrocon, if not attend the entire con.

But I'm a pastor, I know to keep the Faith! Smile

CR
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The miles I'm taking in stride. Sure, I'm back to doing an oil change every month again, and I've had a couple of days in which I broke 400 miles (hit 500 pulling back into my driveway one evening!). But as I drive I watch each mile tick over, and I keep thinking "Forty and a half cents, forty and a half cents ... " Smile

He He He. Know whatcha mean. Working in the consrtuction field like I do as a pipe fitter you wouldn't believe the amout of miles I've wracked up on my poor ole truck. About the only good thing about working on the road is I can write off the mileage on my taxes. The down side is sitting at home for almost two months on unemployment trying to find work. Wish the economy would pick up alittle. But a week from this monday will be on the road again. Fortunatlly it in state work about an hour away. Doing a shut down on power plant here in Oklahoma.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> chrisfoxx All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: