Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

of hopes and dreams

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberhorn
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: of hopes and dreams Reply with quote

well thanks to ol'coon my book has been put to print

but in the process i have gained a rare insight into other places and things

caribou somehow after half a year and many more of "aparent" freindship seemed to think i wanted the cover art for free - never my book was too important to me id always wanted her skills to be the one to make the cover i needed to impart to those who they as they walk by a true inisght into the book from the cover

"judge not a book by its cover lest ye miss the rarest treasures"

but in reality people do of every thing and everyone in life

she became offended and down right rude , kyrin says shes mad becouse shes in the wrong and doesnt want to apoligize for being a bit ch
that and the issue which hasent been settled with ol'coon over compensation and such

my happiest dream of getting any of my books finaly into ink and print to see it real and physical not bits of data and code

has become so very anticlimatic , depressing and regretfull

i know tygon bought one that was great of him and did our friend mammalammadevil aka the merchandice maven for suburban jungle she made a gift for ol'coon for me i hope he can put it to use .....
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you're having troubles with the cover art. Hope you manage to work out a solution.

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cyberhorn
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh she finished the picture but then demanded olcoon contact her for the file me and kyrin did the text and such on the first temporary cover
i was the commissioner! why couldent i take direct delivery of the dang file?

then when i was on her live journal one of the other furrs commented on the cover art saying he hoped I was now satisfied with the cover ...implying i was being to demanding

what has caribou been saying to others about me ? i replied to his post saying the first sketch for a cover was not to what id asked for armor to ornate wrong pose nice but didnt fit the book

so i again asked for what id thought id asked for repeatedly (after the first sketch) and then she sent my original email back and it said exactly what id been saying! ..i was getting confused why was she mad at me over what id been trying to tell her!? and she proved my point id asked for the image she then produced and it is the cover but why say things to others about me

sigh we have the cover but not the original kyrin is holding off the payment for the original art which i do want now for a 2nd time after id told carabiou id pay on the 20th ...of last month i have sent her 35 of the total price
Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your problems wit the book but i hope it turns out alright in the end. i just ask that you keep a copy for me somwhere casue i'll buy it as soon as i manage to take my lazy butt of the chair and find a job.

Also i'm glad to see you back around. its been a while since your last post. Very Happy

cyberhorn
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed ohh i admit it i got hooked on neopets for a bit

also i think in part it was writers block which i sometmes go through in cycles and then just got tired of talking to people as well

dragons tend to do that

im seriously concidering a sequal to the father drake which im calling the river rouge

basis thoughts : the river rouge is a heavyly armed and armored attack carrier disguized as a medium class landing suport carrier which would usualy attempt to run away at the first sign of a drogin capitol ship

remembering tactics of ww2 several merchant marine shipe were converted into u boat killers that way would actualy draw them in to the trap

but the river rouge would be built during the years before he became a drogin (cyberhorn) using his skipping drive engines usualy found in the banshee fighters/bombers

the the river rouge would begin to run only to turn on her heals and attack the droggin at point blank range with impunity due to her being there but not, literaly a ghost her fighters and bombers torpedoes and missles all unable to be hit or stopped one ship could literaly tear through the attcking force

this ship would of course be experimental and before they had realized the skipping drive would and did cause dementia in humans
being expeimental and highly over powered the premice would be she would disapear on her trial runs literaly becoming a threat to peace and existance after war had ended and cyberhorn has died

i know its a bit convoluted but it goes as such in the future the droggin and human races are friends and at peace but there are always pureists those who do not like the fact that there is combining of the two races human male chlidren are tested at birth if they are droggin positive or compatable

a human police officer and a droggin male get pulled into the relm of high level politics treason and time travel to reverse the result of the war and settle the diferences of who should have the right to be the victor
Shadu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry it took so long to post but i've been having a massive mental block so i've been zombie-like for the past few weeks.

the story does look interesting and i hope i get to see some of your new work when it is done!! Mr. Green

cyberhorn
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those who might be interested ive posted what ive done of the river rouge to http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4669
enjoy!

or at least i hope you do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cyberhorn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: