Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TVDAVES Weekly Update!!!, Well Maybe not , after today!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tvdave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing It was a quite day here at the tent, the vixens spent most of the day watchinf the news on the tv, about the pending doom here in the area, I just got in from taking them to supper, thay wanted to go to KFC to pig out , and they did, tomorrow, they are having frends over for a goingaway party , then satruday, they all go off to jorden to their families.they are sorta sad they have to go and leave me behind, each one has taken me aside and warned me about what would happen if I even looked at another femme while they are gone, and they have spies too, so I better be good , heheheheheh Twisted Evil
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed the next day was not fun , I got the vixens to the airport with no problems, got them checked in , thru passport control , then to the gate for their flight to Jorden , and there they will stay till this all blows over, it was when it was time to board the tears started, and caterwalling, I wish they could just say good by, see ya later , and so on, its hard to walk away with 4 crying vixens hanging on you crying, and soaking my clothes , but i got them on the plane , and off they went, no as soon as they got in there, they called , to see if I was ok, then an hour later again
and half way through the night till i unpluged the phone, hmmmmmmm
its going to be a long war

be good all Idea Question Exclamation

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange, you hear about the war on TV, all day your ears are filled with News of "the impending war with Iraq" and it all seems so distant, like it really isn't real. But when you hear it live from a friend, who is in the middle of it, it brings it home really, really fast. It feels very stange to be sitting here, talking to someone who is in the middle of a very serious conflict.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave, you keep your head (and the rest of you) down. I know you've got your job there, but be careful.

Ghostwolf out....

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, you be extremely careful over there, and if things get too hairy get out of there fast!!

I don't want to memorize another friends Name whatsoever! Nor do I want to goto Saudi to kill those who killed you...and trust me I'd do that in a heartbeat for any of my friends.

SkunkFox
Worried

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I would like to thank you all for your concern, in fact as I write this we are locked down, there was a shooting down town at the Panda Super Market, where I go shopping, a Brit was killed at the stop light there, so all are locked in today, as for if the war starts, I am going to have to go, to document events, I know there are risks, I have been there before, I have been shot twice, survived a Helecopter crash, knocked over by blasts
and have fallen down hills, broken bones, all in my work, I was here for desert storm, and it looks like ill be here for this hoot, and when it starts , Ill try to post as much from the front lines, and as all have asked, and I well keep my head low, I dont do the hero thing, cause im fond of breathing, and the feel of a warm vixev, but thanks for your thoughts, and Skunky you get better, and get outta the hospace,,,,,,,,Im off to cause trouble on the net you all be good

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, TV!

I know it was already said a lot but, be careful!

I want you to be there for your apperance in FD Wink

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if you can mooch same grade 5 kevlar of someone, just tell one of the soldiers that you'll carry it on your person for them.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Thanks Pat, I have the full Kevlar set up, and chem sute, so Im good to go

As the lines of war are being drawn, things here are still a bit quite, we have had a shooting down town a few days ago, state dept warnings stating somthing bad is going to happen, they dont know when or where, but its going to happen , so dont talk to people with guns.

Yesterday I was told that Ill be going, but to where I dont know yet, so for the past 2 days , I have been packing and getting my field equipment and television gear ready, and planing for a crew of five, and supply locations for food and fuel, a lot of guys here who live off the camp have been directed to move back on, anf if you have family, ship them baclk to the states, and that has to be done by this satruday the first of March, so a lot of unhappy folks here.

But anyway it has not started yet, but all fingers point to soon, ill try to post on whats going on here as much as I can, so all is well here so far,,,just stay tooned here for more info

Untill then

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this may sound a little strange seeing as how I have only posted once in TV Dave's forum when I could not find his story, I have found it and I have very much enjoyed reading it. I have to agree with Mike, take care of yourself keep your head down and no stupid risks.

I had always thought that Sadam and his ilk were a cancer that needed to be cut out and if it took a war to do it so be it. I thought it should have been done in the Gulf War and was angry as hell when we stopped less then 200 miles from Baghdad. And this is the part that's going to sound weird...well my feelings on it are not so cut and dry anymore. Even though I have only made a few posts here and there on PF, I have lurked here for some time and have begun to think of the furs here as friends that I have really come to...well come to care about. I mean it just kills me to hear about all the bad things happening with Skunkfox and Beau Wolff, I have never posted my sympathy or support I've never been one to show my emotion publicly I guess this post is just the cork popping free from the bottle so I'm rambling a bit (sorry). Maybe I'll start showing a bit more support for the furs I have come to care about.

Anyway TV Dave keep yourself well because I really want to know what's going to happen with Jason and Kebler, Very Happy no really if it does come to war over there and I heard that something bad had happened to you, even if we were to succeed in getting rid of Sadam and the threat he represents I would have a very difficult time justifying the cost.
Sad

TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Styx, thanks fpr your kind words, and this note Chap 10 is running strong, Laughing

For the past few days I have been in undisclosed locations all over Saudi running in the field, eating dirt and dust, wondering if the next call will be for the real thing, but so far all is quite here , tonight is my last night out on this exercise, and 3 days of rest await, and a hot bath as well, so I hope to get a bit of chapter 10 done, and posted soon, any way , I had to drop in to do a post since I havent been in here for a while ......more to follow

Be safe all

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVDAVE wrote:
For the past few days I have been in undisclosed locations all over Saudi running in the field, eating dirt and dust

MAN!!! you must be real tired of those MRE's Mad sounds like the menu options haven't changed much from when I was in the Army just be sure you stay away from the dreaded TURKEY LOAF!!!! Shocked and stay safe.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those MRE's(Meals Rejected by Ethiopians, as Jim called them) really that bad?

They can't be worse than the Norwegian RSP (Remains of exploded Personell) can they?

Actually, the stuff I ate during my service was OK, the RSP is pork and peas, mostly, in a thick sauce. Then there was the teabags, instant coffee, 'bread'(two thin slices of vanilla and chocolate flavoured sawdust) and a biiiig plate of 'grape sugar'(or whatever the English name is)
There was a small tin of 'dry paraffin' in the package so that you could cook water or heat the RSP, too.

It should last a soldier 24Hours...

The Tins of RSP is also available as 'Tourist Provisions' in the shops...
(Yes, I sometimes use it when camping)

I heard they've been changeing the stuff to more resemble the American rations...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised MREs, woof, I dont touch them, I cary a lot of pro stuff, and freezed dried foods, and canned soups and meats, and tons of bottled water, and 100 ltrs of water in jerry cans, also when you are out in the desert out here, it pays to know where you can resupply, almost all towns have supermarkets of some sort, and all desert roads have truck stops, and they are a supermarket in its self, so once every 4 days we hit a small town or a truck stop for gas, water, food and ice, we also carry our shade as well, with camo nets , it takes about 15 min to set up, and just drive under them, rugs are thrown out, and field chairs and tables set up, I set up my generator up, and and sat link case, and then find the bird we use, and out link to the rear is set up, For commo, all of us carry cell phones, and satphones, and with my sat link, I can surf the net from out here with my lap top, at 56k speed, but we are packiing up and headding home in a few houes, then its the unpacking and cleaning and putting stuff away for the next deal of fun in the desert,
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Well the line in the sand has been drawn by the big toe, and the drop dead date is Monday March 17, Cool what will go on ...who knows, but all is going on here as planned, just getting my supplies ready, and relaxing inside, due to the dust in the air, the dust storms in Kuwait have filtered to over here now, the vixens want me to come for the weekend in Jorden, i might do that, its lonely here in the tent, Crying or Very sad but thats the latest word from the desert.........

Trying to keep my head low

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tvdave All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: