Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 50?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon027

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to admit it, but I actually had to look up the word "kibitz" as I had no idea what it meant. Embarassed I'm not a very avid gamer (well, not anymore).

Chris mentioned Sabrina is subtly trying to convince him to move out of Eau Claire. The fact that she constantly evades his requests for a reason leads me to believe she either knows something or has some precognition of future events (probably tying in with the events in Tabitha).

This also has bearing on the dream that Sabrina had. I know someone else has already mentioned something about it, but I needed to have something clarified. I could be wrong (and probably am), but I don't remember Chris refering to Wendy as "Windy" in front of Sabrina before. Was that straight out of her dream? I may need to go back and reread to make sure.

Well, that's enough from me. I'd say it was a very good chapter. I enjoyed reading it, and I hope to read the next whenever it's available (I don't mind waiting). Please, continue the excellent work, Chris, and I wish you luck in all that you do. Very Happy
TGIF007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon027 wrote:
This also has bearing on the dream that Sabrina had. I know someone else has already mentioned something about it, but I needed to have something clarified. I could be wrong (and probably am), but I don't remember Chris referring to Wendy as "Windy" in front of Sabrina before. Was that straight out of her dream? I may need to go back and reread to make sure.

Actually, he said Windy in front of Sabrina in this chapter - that's why she raised the issue.

TGIF
Jon027

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGIF007 wrote:
Jon027 wrote:
This also has bearing on the dream that Sabrina had. I know someone else has already mentioned something about it, but I needed to have something clarified. I could be wrong (and probably am), but I don't remember Chris referring to Wendy as "Windy" in front of Sabrina before. Was that straight out of her dream? I may need to go back and reread to make sure.

Actually, he said Windy in front of Sabrina in this chapter - that's why she raised the issue.

TGIF
AH! You're right. I can't believe I missed that! *feeling really embarassed* Embarassed
Superlagg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, Chris, very good indeed! Quite worth the wait, if you can even call it a wait. This reminds me why I chose this Sabrinaverse for my story (well, part of it).

Though, I did spot something in the 4th to last paragraph; you put 'buy' instead of 'by'. Sorry if that sounds a bit picky, but I just wanted to point that out.

Overall, very good chapter, nicely done, nifty if that, especially the secondary reference to the crowbar.

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon027 wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I actually had to look up the word "kibitz" as I had no idea what it meant. Embarassed I'm not a very avid gamer (well, not anymore).

That's a little of my benefit learning some Yiddish in a very goyum family Wink

(for those of you playing at home, "kibbitz" means to help out) b)

Quote:
Chris mentioned Sabrina is subtly trying to convince him to move out of Eau Claire. The fact that she constantly evades his requests for a reason leads me to believe she either knows something or has some precognition of future events (probably tying in with the events in Tabitha).

Bingo!

Quote:
This also has bearing on the dream that Sabrina had. I know someone else has already mentioned something about it, but I needed to have something clarified. I could be wrong (and probably am), but I don't remember Chris refering to Wendy as "Windy" in front of Sabrina before.

Yup, Chris made a Freudian slip!

And it showed as well Wink

Quote:
Well, that's enough from me. I'd say it was a very good chapter. I enjoyed reading it, and I hope to read the next whenever it's available (I don't mind waiting). Please, continue the excellent work, Chris, and I wish you luck in all that you do. Very Happy

Wow, thank you so much! And I'm gonna hustle on 51, it's a continuation of 50 and can't be left to hang!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superlagg wrote:
Very good, Chris, very good indeed! Quite worth the wait, if you can even call it a wait. This reminds me why I chose this Sabrinaverse for my story (well, part of it).

Thanks a bunch! Smile

Quote:
Though, I did spot something in the 4th to last paragraph; you put 'buy' instead of 'by'. Sorry if that sounds a bit picky, but I just wanted to point that out.

D'OH!

Good grief, thanks! I try SO hard to keep typo's out of the mix! But I can blame it on my 2 proofreaders Wink

Quote:
Overall, very good chapter, nicely done, nifty if that, especially the secondary reference to the crowbar.

Thanks for catching that Cool Slowly, slowly, I'm trying to revive that old gag Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Superlagg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Superlagg wrote:

Thanks a bunch! Smile

Tis no problem, mate!

Quote:
Quote:

D'OH!

Good grief, thanks! I try SO hard to keep typo's out of the mix! But I can blame it on my 2 proofreaders Wink

Heh, yer lucky. My proofreaders dont really exist, so i have to do it all myself, which is alright, cus Im good at spotting things like that.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for catching that Cool Slowly, slowly, I'm trying to revive that old gag Smile

Nifty. Too bad I wasnt there to witness it myself, but the brief post someone made about it more then filled in what I needed to know

mwalimu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad for Clarence, and rotten of his mom to lay a guilt trip on him for wanting to be with Cindy on a holiday. I wonder if he could talk her into letting him spend some time at each place. I've had people in my family do that both on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hortmage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to need some brain bleach for that second crowbar reference.... Twisted Evil Embarassed

I agree with mwalimu, though. Clarence's mother has really got the Jewish Mother act down pat. "Never mind me, go out with your girlfriend, I'll just sit here alone in the dark, even though I spent 18 hours in labor with you, I won't complain...." Rolling Eyes

I hadn't remembered that Clarence was 24 by this time. Man, he has got to cut that umbilical cord!

-- Gosh, I just had a flash of that song from Pink Floyd's "The Wall"...

Has anyone else noticed that Sabrina seems a little...randier...than usual? Between chapters 49 and 50, she's been awfully eager with Chris. Not that I'm complaining..... Wink

Thanks for the update, Chris! Very Happy

TGIF007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
(for those of you playing at home, "kibbitz" means to help out)

Actually, to kibbitz is to schmooze - in general just talking, but depending on context sometimes with implications of either gossiping or offering unwanted advise.

Since Yiddish is one of the native tongues of my household, I think you can take this as an authoritative translation. Very Happy

TGIF
Hortmage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGIF007 wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
(for those of you playing at home, "kibbitz" means to help out)

Actually, to kibbitz is to schmooze - in general just talking, but depending on context sometimes with implications of either gossiping or offering unwanted advise.

Since Yiddish is one of the native tongues of my household, I think you can take this as an authoritative translation. Very Happy

TGIF

I've always heard it used in the "offering unwanted advice" manner. Like my Dad kibbitzing when I'd play chess against my brother.

TGIF007

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
I'm going to need some brain bleach for that second crowbar reference....

I'm afraid that I'm missing something here. The only recollection I have was Sabrina using a crowbar as a twirling baton (which seemed weird at the time but didn't warrant comment).

If there is an explanation that won't require me to get out the brain bleach I'd appreciate it.

Hortmage wrote:
I've always heard it used in the "offering unwanted advice" manner. Like my Dad kibitzing when I'd play chess against my brother.

It frequently is used in that fashion, especially by those not fluent in Yiddish. And it is a correct use of the word. But in native Yiddish it is often used to refer to a general chat as well.

TGIF
Asalis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actualy from what i remember reading from the original post on that, the person want to see that femal character naked butthe artist refused to "degrade the character like that and refused to do it." however several other artists got wind of this and from there a legend was born. they did with their female characters what that one artist did not want to do. but then given that my memory is swiss cheese half the time i wouldn't hold that information as true when comming from me.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
TGIF007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, for those who prefer an active form of home defense w/o going so far as a handgun, a crowbar by the bedside isn't a bad choice.

On the other hand, since Chris has a skunk in the house for home defense, what does he need with a crowbar? Very Happy

(Other than it being ungentlemanly to rely on Sabrina for home defense!)

TGIF
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGIF007 wrote:
On the other hand, since Chris has a skunk in the house for home defense, what does he need with a crowbar? Very Happy

(Other than it being ungentlemanly to rely on Sabrina for home defense!)

But how hard is it to clean a whole house or even just a room after that? :-& #Crazy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: